“Great find!”

Rue Dumaine
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Centerville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McEwen Road & Lyons Road
Description: The RUE(roux) is dedicated to bringing you the freshest local ingredients. By creating lasting relationships with our areas' farmers, we can provide a fresh, seasonal approach to your next private dinner, intimate wedding reception, OR come check us out for an evening or an afternoon during one of our public events! THE RUE(roux) is the glue!
Ohio
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had walked by this resteraunt for a couple of years and never ate there until we received a gift certificate from some friends. Rue Dumaine was a wonderful surprise and we will return! The food was excellent as well as the service. The menu is limited so you might want to check their website for the dinners that are offered that day. My understanding is that it changes daily.
I also learned the chef makes everything from scratch and uses all local farmers products. Very cool!

• Visited September 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“I just found my new favorite restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Most people that haven't been to Dayton think of it as a decrepit, old city. If only they would give it a chance, they would see a city with a lot of character that offers a lot of really good, unique, independent restaurants.

This is an exceptional French restaurant. The first thing I noticed upon arriving was how happy everyone seemed to be. I knew it was as sign of good things to come.

I had the prix fixe meal, which is offered on Thursday nights.

The first course was chicken rillette with plum compote, Dijon, watercress salad and grilled croutons. The main course was fish en paupilotte with baby carrots, fingerling potatoes, and currant tomatoes, served with herbed beurre blanc. Dessert was apple-walnut galette with crème fraîche. An excellent value at $25 and very outstanding quality.

I was most impressed by the visit we had from the chef and co-owner of the restaurant. It wasn't your typical cookie-cutter welcome (not that those are bad) but was geniunely personable and unique. She really made me feel my business was appreciated.

I've been in Dayton for 1 1/2 years. I don't know why I waited so long to come here. I had been wanting to try it since it has an outstanding reputation.

• Visited September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Best restaurant in the Cincinnati-Dayton corridor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been to Rue Dumaine a number of times and it has become my favorite restaurant in Dayton. The chef (Anne Kearney, nominated two years running for the James Beard Award for Best Chef in the SE US) uses fresh local ingredients as much as possible. The food is a blend of traditional European and American and is always very flavorful. The wine list is of moderate length with something for everyone (good mix of different red and white varietals). Service is always very good but the restaurant does sometimes get loud.

• Visited July 2012
Estero, Florida
“Centervill,Ohio gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stop and try Rue Dumaine on our way home after a visit to Scene 75 in Dayton. Located in Centerville, only about 35 minutes from northern Cincinnati, our home town. Had seen numerous great recommendations, and found to be a very pleasant meal. Simple decor, knowledgable staff, local produce, and well executed cuisine. We'll be back.

Centerville, Ohio
1,641 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,857 helpful votes
“Nearly all diners are dressed at least in casual business attire.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Rue Dumaine is a very special restaurant on “restaurant row” in Centerville. If Rue Dumaine brings to mind New Orleans, that is because the chef/owners have restaurant experience in New Orleans, and we have often dined on Rue Dumaine while visiting New Orleans.

Rue Dumaine has become one of our favorite restaurants. Rue Dumaine seems “casual upscale” without the white table cloths. The owners have gourmet experience and “people skills.” The owners have a clear vision of bistro fare, and expect menu changes with the seasons. Unfortunately Rue Dumaine is scheduled to move south in 2013 to Austin Landing, and we’ll see if we shall invest the extra time in driving.

We would never visit without a reservation, and the clientele seems middle age to older. I am not certain that adults with younger children will appreciate the opportunity to dine at Rue Dumaine; although, Five Guys is near.

One immediately notices the black open roof-top ceiling and ductwork. The walnut bar, wine closet, tables, and chairs are attractive. We observed the A/C was set much too warm, and we requested an adjustment. The dark industrial carpet seems perfect, and serves as a sound deadening device. Indeed, a nearly full house included a clientele who were engaged in adult civil conversation, which is to observe that “noise”, is not problematic.

We like the bistro atmosphere with the expensive copper pots and skillets in prominent view from the dining room. We do not favor the perimeter bench-like “elbow-to-elbow” seating. This seating offers little privacy or intimacy.

The open kitchen invites us to seek tables away from the kitchen area. There is outdoor seating; however, even in fine weather, the view is of asphalt and the abundant parking lot.

The plate ware is inviting, and whatever our dining choices are, they are served with style and presentation. The wait staff and hostess is well trained, and inquires at appropriate times. We have not adjusted to a wait staff clad in jeans, and we take pleasure in the observation that nearly all diners are dressed at least in casual business attire. We enjoy a nice selection of wine by the glass and an even greater selection of bottled wines. The bar is fully stocked.

In these economic times, there is an abundance of south suburban diners who favor Rue Dumaine. The tariff is appropriate for the changing menu fare. Clearly the chef/owners have succeeded in their vision. We always encourage a crawfish etouffe to be included in the menu.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank SavantIII_11

Been to Rue Dumaine? Share your experiences!