“Fun place for tasty dinner!”
Review of Rue Dumaine

Rue Dumaine
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Centerville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McEwen Road & Lyons Road
Description: The RUE(roux) is dedicated to bringing you the freshest local ingredients. By creating lasting relationships with our areas' farmers, we can provide a fresh, seasonal approach to your next private dinner, intimate wedding reception, OR come check us out for an evening or an afternoon during one of our public events! THE RUE(roux) is the glue!
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I really like Rue Dumaine. We have been fans of Anne Kearney for years since her days as chef/owner of Peristyle in New Orleans and we were happily surprised to find out she and Tom had relocated to southwest Ohio a few years ago. Although we live in Cincinnati, whenever we travel north thru Dayton we make it a point to stop for dinner--the last few times on short notice we found places at the bar and had lovely casual but delicious dinners and really good drinks. I sampled the Elk Cove Pinot with my pork shank and also couldn't resist trying a 'barrel aged' Manhattan, up, for dessert along with my lemon almond cake. I wouldn't really classify the food as 'french' or even' NOLA' food--in recent months it seems more like 'American fresh' with a French twist and featuring local sources which is fine with me and seems to be popular with the locals too. Now I understand the restaurant will be moving in a year or so to a new site closer to Cincinnati called Austin Landing. They are also planning to open a more casual fun 'Alligator Annie's southern social club' at the same location, so we are excited about that, too.

There are newer reviews for Rue Dumaine

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We went there for lunch, I only had an appetizer, desert and coffee. We all had different things and everything was presented beautifully and tasted outstanding. They offer unusual items that you don't see everyday. A great dining experience.
Our waiter was excellent about explaining what was on the menu and giving us suggestions.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Exquisite cuisine that always tantalized the taste buds! We have had just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. My personal favorite is the trout almondine. Annie buys local and creates consistent combinations of fabulous ingredients. Evan, the bar tender, is knowledgeable about all of the menu items and pairings and just a great guy to chat with. While uour there, be sure to take a trip to the restroom so that you can see what I call Annie's wall of fame. Annie is not just a top chef in Dayton, she is a top chef! Dayton is lucky to have her here! Rue Dumaine, a true gem in the Gem City!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I visited Rue Dumaine on 6/16. I had reservations for 8:30pm and they were able to seat us about 8:15pm. After looking over the menu, the only thing that looked good to me was the scallops which was an appetizer, however, I typically have a few bites of my husband's appetizer :) And therefore I thought the smaller portion would be best for me. My husband ordered the mussels and a cup of soup.

There was a table of 4 right next to us when we sat down. Soon after we placed our order, they received their apps. Hubby got the carrot soup - it had hardly any flavor at all. Very bland. Then we watched as the table next door got their meals. They all finished their meals. Then they got dessert. They all finished their dessert. We are still waiting on both of our meals. By this time, the waiter had been over about 2 times to say "not much longer" or "just a few more minutes". The table next to us was even entertained by the fact that we had been sitting there this entire time with nothing as they finished an entire meal. Then the manager comes over and says "just 3-4 more minutes". 15 minutes go by and finally my 3 scallops and his bowl of mussels appeared.

The scallops were good. Nothing to write home about, but they were good. The mussels were just OK. The waiter nor the manager ever offered us any type of "sorry".......needless to say we will NOT be returning to this place.

6  Thank GoBucks03
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Having lived in a number of European, Asian and Pacific countries in which good food is considered an essential part of everyday life, we were starting to despair that in moving to Dayton we had left behind one of life's great pleasures. The weekly ritual of taking a very short drive, or even a short stroll, to a great eating place was something to which we had become accustomed. Rue Dumaine is just such a place. The greeting as you arrive, the design of the restaurant, the menu, the food, the service and the wine are all deeply considered, perfectly balanced and professionally executed. Simple and smart with respect for the food, technique and the ingredients. The pleasure of food and wine in a relaxing and convivial social environment is obviously at the forefront of the chef / owners and staff every time the restaurant doors are opened.
The 'buzz' in the restaurant, and the sometimes difficulty in getting a table, is testament that this restaurant has got it right. Whether for special occasions, or a monthly ritual (if you are so lucky), this restaurant deserves patronage and every success. We try to get there at least once a month.
Other restaurant owners in Dayton should eat there and see just how it should be done.

1  Thank Guzzi00