“Unlock the flavor at Lock 27”
Review of Lock 27 Brewing

Lock 27 Brewing
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Centerville
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My first trip to this craft brewery won't be my last. Met my friends for a spontaneous evening, sampled the beer and enjoyed the appetizers. I mixed it up a bit for my flight, trying four different varieties, from the citrusy Midwestern to the darker Brown Bear. We shared the goat cheese and olive tapenade, a salmon quesadilla (yum! And I never eat salmon) and the dry seasoned wings with a chipotle sauce. All were perfectly prepared and very tasty. The bar does have two TVs mounted above it for the sports enthusiast, but we found the atmosphere on a Monday quite conducive to conversation. Hats off to the chef and the owners for bringing this to Centerville.

2  Thank jettan

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Lock 27 Brewing is relatively new to Centerville, OH; however, Lock 27 Brew Pub can hold it’s own with Colorado’s best brewpubs.

Lock 27 Brewing is locate south of Spring Valley on 48, and located is in the shopping strip n the west side of 48. Lock 27 Brewing is just south of the old Kroger’s, and just north of the new Kroger’s. Expect an abundance of parking.

Lock 27 Brewing is not for the “Bud Light” crowd. In order to enjoy a brewpub, one must have a sense of adventure, an open mind, and some experience with brewpubs. If one’s experience is “Bud light” and wings, you may not be ready for a brewpub experience.

Lock 27 Brewing offers REAL beer and a wine menu. The young lady who is the barkeep is a gem; she knows the brews and food menu. Ask the barkeep to describe the brews and the menu.

The barkeep is skilled in using very precise adjectives, and if one listens, the description of the brews and food is on target. We like Firebreather.

Lock 27 Brewing is a handsome brewpub, and the property seems transformed by the star of “Restaurants Impossible.” Service is in a large clean and uncluttered brewpub. This is NOT your “father’s Oldsmobile!”

We like the clean look of the bar, the dark tables and chairs, and the glassed in brewery. Of course the front of the brewpub is a wall of glass, and we like the total open environment.

The food menu is not typical pub grub, and we guarantee that the menu shall accommodate numerous tastes.

Brews are named Bell’s Expedition Stout, Great Divide Hibernation, Green Flash Bullet, Jackie’s O’s, Brasserie DuPont Biere del Miel, Maple Nut, Mashie, Niblick, Prince, and the newest Firebreather. The barkeep will describe each in great detail. We elected Firebreather (brewed with pepper,) and of course ordered a flight of brews. We requested the barkeep to recommend the flight, and we greatly enjoyed the stout.

We recommend that clients might order several flights before choosing a brew. It is always great to enjoy the variety of several craft beer flights. We elected the Cuban sandwich, and found it to be as good as any which we have enjoyed in Florida.

We seize an opportunity to discuss craft beer with the Lock 27 Brewing owner. The owner has a solid business plan, and foresees that the several new Dayton area brewpubs will be great for his own brewpub.

We have greatly enjoyed numerous brewpubs in both Colorado and New Zealand. Who would have though that Ohio and Dayton would develop brewpubs? And now we shall see if the public is ready for a great brewpub adventure. Today finds a brisk business, and most clients seem to be between 30 and 40 years old.

The young brew master is enthusiastic as he recounts his time in Colorado and visits to New Zealand. The Lock 27 Brewing owner has clearly found a brew master who has experience and vision.

Both large LED TVs are tuned to Ohio State football, and we find difficulty in focusing on Ohio State and the brews. We take our leave earlier because we desire to focus on Ohio State at home.

We welcome Lock 27 Brewing to Centerville, and invite the city and township citizens of all ages to visit a classic brewpub. The tariff is appropriate for the craft beer and menu.

4  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We joined some friends here on a weekend night. It was busy and we waited a few minutes for a table. My girlfriend and I are not beer fanatics and asked the waiter for a light colored, easy drinking beer. He brought back something that was dark, not at all what we requested. I ordered hummus but it was so garlicky that it was difficult to eat. My husband ordered poutine but I first questioned if he really wanted it because of the price, it was 12$ or 13$ (Montreal prices). He said it came with short ribs so the price didn't seem as bad. The meat could have fit on one dessert fork, not much at all. I really want this place to be successful because I've been told it's owned by local folks. I just want impressed.

3  Thank Snowlover81
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fell in love with Lock 27 on my first visit. They brew their own beer but have about a dozen rotating craft beers on tap at any given time. The food menu is limited but what they have is delicious and designed to pair well with the beers. The service is friendly and the decor is warm and comfortable.

5  Thank johnsonje