“Good Food, Not Cheap”

Add it.
Champps Americana
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Champps is a sports bar, but its an upscale one. The food is very good, but costs more than the typical sports bar. This is where I go with my wife for a good dinner. This isn't where you go with the guys after a softball game. So their niche is a sports bar atmosphere with an upscale clientele, with people paying high prices for good food.

The walnut crusted chicken is the best dish I've had there, and I would never had ordered it had I not had steak the night before and a burger that day. I've told several people about that dish and now they all order it. Last night I had the French Dip. It was good but typical. My wife had the Havana, which is a Cuban Sandwich. That was very good if you're partial to Cubans. The waffle fries are always the best in town. Beer prices are high but they had a LaBatt special, four 16 ounce cans in a bucket for $8 - that's a good price for beer.

We go here a couple times a year when we want a good dinner. When we're with a big group we go to other sports bars that are cheaper (although not nearly as good of food). If you are with a business group or want to get away from the groups that have been sitting there for 3 hours getting drunk, then I recommend Champps.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the second time trying Champps at this location.

Our server was polite, however our service was really slow. We shared the 4 pepper tuna appetizer which was ok, the we each ordered fish and chips with onion rings instead of fries. Honestly, I don't know how our server had the nerve to bring us the food. The fish was horribly burnt, looked like it had been cooked in old oil. The onion rings were burned as well. The portions were large, but when you have a big plate of food you can't eat, so what? We each ate one piece of fish, or what we could. When our server noticed we did not eat much, he asked if it was because the food was burned. He offered to "do something". at that point we didn't care, The restaurant was freezing cold, and usually I am complaining that places are too warm. We had waited a ridiculously long time to get our check and then get it paid.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Been to this location several times over the years and have always had good service and food. Nice selection of draft beers lots of big televisions. Overall a nice place.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife & I ate in the restaurant part of Champps on a Thursday night when there was no big sporting event going on but still had a decent 'after work' crowd at the bar. There is also a 'bar or pub section & another section with several pool tables which are part of the same area but semi-divided which helps keeping the typical 'sports bar' noise down. Friendly greeting, prompt seating. Drink orders taken/delivered/entree orders taken all at efficient but not pushy timing. Good selection of draft beers. Food-french dip w/hand cut fries and BBQ pork with 'Tabasco' onion strings (sliced onions dipped in light batter with a touch of Tabasco sauce) arrived in reasonable time. Both were good although a little salty for our tastes. Prices was acceptable for the product. Service was friendly & prompt. Would return.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This Champps is an excellent place to enjoy a beer, wings, etc. while watching football. The bar area seemed to be a lot more lively than the sectioned-off eating area. The bar tenders are good and very accommodating. The wide selection of beer is very good and the food is much better than normal bar-food. Chicken wings and coconut shrimp were terrific!