“Home away from home”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centerville
Reviewed February 6, 2011

An ice storm dropped trees on our power lines rendering us without heat, water and electricity, so we stayed at this Holiday Inn which is 6 miles from my home: that means I was already grumpy, and my wife of 47 years says I am never a "little grumpy" in that I don't do anything a little bit. She tells me it takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown and I tell he that it is worth the extra effort.

The staff at this Holiday Inn was so very friendly and accomodating that we knew immediately we were in for a pleasant stay... and we were stuck there for three days. Each day the free breakfast was excellent, the room was clean and tidy and we were made to feel welcome by each employee at the desk. Holiday Inns are pretty much all the same as we know, and so it is the people who make all the difference and they got it right at Holiday Inn Centerville OH.

The only issue I would like to see management address is that there are only three handicap spots on the front side of the motel and they need at least twice that.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Dear MCBIBLE,

Wow what a storm that was indeed, while we know that you had very little choice in staying at a hotel during this difficult time, we do appreciate your business. I want to thank you for your kind words, and appreciate the fact that you would take the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. I did read your concern about only having 3 handicap parking space in front of the hotel. If ever you are staying with us again, we do have additional handicap parking spaces in the rear of the building just next to the entry door for your convenience. Once again, thank you for your oh so kind words and we hope to see you again in the future, just not under bad weather circumstances.

All the best,

Michael Hyslope, CHS

Reviewed December 28, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The staff was so friendly and we were always greeted with a smile and asked how we were. The rooms were immaculate and the kids had a blast in the pool! Breakfast was free which was convenient because traveling with three kids can be pricey as we all know. The cookies at the desk were fabulous, I just wish they were offered on the weekend as well! Can't say enough about the staff, so friendly and helpful. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

Driftingninja,

I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words about our property. My staff and I strive to keep the hotel looking fresh and making sure that our guest receive everything that is possible. It is very nice to hear that our hard work has paid off, and it is valued guest like yourself that make coming to work everyday and absolute pleasure. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

All the Best,

Mike Hyslope

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great service, great staff. Our room had a hot tub, which was amazing. Staff kept local coupons on hand for nearby restaurants. Excellent stay!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear LADYLUCK,

I want to thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of all the coupons that we do keep at the desk for our guest. We hope to see you in the near future for a night away. Thank you once again for the wonderful feedback.

All the Best,

Michael Hyslope, CHS

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband & I received 2 rooms, one for us and a connecting handicapped room for my 89 year old mom. We were in Dayton to visit my 95 year old Aunt who is in assisted living. The room was lovely, accommodations beautiful, clean and staff were polite and efficient. The roll -in shower in Mom's room was wonderful. We were only in town 2 nights so didn't have a chance to take advantage of the pool, hot tub and 24 hours gym. Next time we will. They looked wonderfully maintained. This hotel came recommended by my cousin who is a Dayton native and we were all very pleased. Definitely would stay again on a future visit. Close to shopping/restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NYMOM14568
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, it was definitely a pleasure meeting your family. I am so very glad that your stay was wonderful and definitely look forward to you coming back in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was traveling with a group of friends. There were 9 rooms booked total between us. Out of those 9, 2 couples had things come up missing from their rooms. Not major items or valuables. Just nuisances, like a tube of Mary Kay make-up, a package of Q-tips and a tube of Neosporin. Another person and myself paid cash for our rooms, after giving them a debit card number over the phone to hold the reservation. You are required to put a $50 deposit down if you paid in cash, but were not given a receipt for the deposit. When the time came to check out, the other gentleman was told there was no record of him having given them a deposit. He had to get loud and belligerent to get the $50 cash back that at least 6 of us saw him hand them. Two days after I got home, I was looking at something else on my bank statement online and noticed a $30 charge from the hotel to my debit card. I called them and was told "Ooops. Clerical error. We will refund it." I don't believe it was an accident. I think it was just one more way they tried to scam. How many people who paid in cash wouldn't even look at their statement and catch that charge? I say BEWARE! If you do stay here, lock everything up, double check all charges and make sure you get a receipt for anything you pay cash for! And it probably wouldn't hurt to carry your toothbrush with you. You never know what an employee who thinks it is funny to take your Q-tips will do with it while you are out.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank WendyS21550

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with our hotel. I do want to say that I was very shocked to see the accusations that were mentioned in your review. The guest that you stated had items taken from there room, were issued money to replace the items, and after returning home found these items packed away in their luggage and did return the money to the hotel. It is the hotels policy to take either a credit card or a cash deposit for any guest that chooses to pay cash at check in, and this is simply to protect the hotel from any damage issues. I do believe that my staff goes out above and beyond to ensure that every guest has a wonderful stay and that all there valuable stay protected at all times.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

We just returned from a two night trip to Centerville to see ALICE COOPER play at the Fraze. This was our second time staying there as we had seen ALICE at the Fraze before. All of the motel employees were very friendly, gracious and helpful. Our room was spotless and the beds were very comfy. Having a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room was also very nice. Even though the motel was booked with the Dayton Air Show going on that weekend we met plenty of great Alice fans staying there too. Alice fans are the friendliest people you will ever meet, no matter what your mother tells you. Already looking forward to another stay at this fine motel. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so much fun.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubydove
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! It is guest like you that make it a wonderful place to work for me and my staff. We appreciate your return business for the Fraze Pavilion and look forward to seeing you in the future. You were also 100% correct in saying that Alice Cooper fans are absolutely wonderful people. Again, thank you for your great comments, and we promise to keep the hotel looking phenominal and the service level to an A+ rating.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

ok so i stayed here for 2 nights because i had to not that i wanted too, the bathroom floor wasnt cleaned, had little black hairs all over the floor, i had to wear shoes if i was going to walk into there, who knows if they even vacuumed the carpets or not. The bed....HAIRS.. hairs all over the sheets and pillows, i was so disgusted. the staff was nice and friendly but seriously hire better people who know how to clean a floor and change sheets. if your going to stay in centerville, id go to a different inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank julz2024
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2010

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel, as we do welcome postive and negative feedback for continued training of our staff. I was not at all aware of the dissatisfaction of your stay and I assure you that this is not the typical service level that we are accustomed too. I have addressed this with my staff, and urge you to give us another chance when you are back in the area. If there is anything else that I may do for you, please feel free to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
5 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville? Share your experiences!