“Tucked away Gem!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centerville
Detroit, MI
“Tucked away Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2006

I arrived several hours before check-in(about 900am) as I had driven in from Michigan and really needed a nap after the long drive in the wee hours of the morning. The desk clerk found me a double room to crash into right away and did not charge me any extra for the early arrival. Though I had originally requested a King, I didnt have to move or make any other adjustments later. The hotel is small, new and beautifully decorated. The lobby, though small had a fireplace and was very cozy and comfy for meeting and greeting. The guest room where I was staying has to be in the top 3 MOST SPARKLING CLEAN places that I have ever stayed. The temperature controls worked well as the weather was quite rainy and chilly outside, the room and hall carpets were very clean, no stains, no hall messes, the bathroom was very modern with updated Kohler faucets and shower head, granite counters and even hi-end toiletries. I was very suprised by this in a Holiday Inn-Express location, but pleasantly so. Every Holiday Inn should shoot for this type of attention to details and cleanliness. I did not use room services or any other hotel amenities like the pool or the fitness room, but when on the first floor I could hear them having a good time and saw some wet footprints leading from the pool area to the elevator on the floor but that was no big deal. I also went looking for spoon to binge on some ice cream and cake at about 1030pm and the front desk clerk was eager to help( and did find one)! I was very impressed with this location and would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank traveljack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dayton, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2006

I wanted to book a hotel for one night in April, and they would not allow one nite stays during certain times of the year. There is no notification of this "rule" online or at the hotel, so you will have to make sure you can stay for one night. Very frustrating, and the hotel would not make any exceptions.

Stayed February 2006
5 Thank cb3121
Meridian, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2005

We were very impressed with the friendly staff, cleanliness, included breakfast, location, and just about everything else with this hotel. It made a potentially stressful vacation with a large contingent of family very relaxing. We were there for five days with a 17 month old. I'm sure that most of the guests in the hotel met her by the end of the week, but the staff was very accomodating of her curiosity.

The indoor pool is a nice feature when it is 12 degrees outside. The exercise room only has two treadmills and an exercise bike, so don't expect to work on those "problem muscle groups" while you're there. The breakfast bar was excellent and included a nice variety. Like most of these class hotels, it was a sugar and carb laden menu, but the variety would accomodate most special needs.

The rooms were adequate size with both wired and wireless access. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was above average. We wouldn't pay extra for the shower head, but the branded advertising, almost seems they expect that you would. One nice suprise was a free bib with the crib.

Overall, it was a great value hotel. We highly recommend it.

5 Thank BoiseBaylorBears
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2005

I have stayed at many different hotels and never had any problems with the normal hotel services. But, when a service mattered the most this Holiday Inn Express at Centerville, OH failed miserably. It was partly my fault that I left my cell phone charger in the room when I checked out.
But when I called them two days later, they had found my charger. and I politely asked them to ship it to me via UPS and even gave them my company's UPS account number so that they don't have to bear the cost.

A week later I still didn't get my charger. I called them again and asked for the tracking number so that I could track the shipment. Didn't have much luck getting the number. After calling repeatedly for the next couple days. I was told that the charger never got shipped on the original date because it was in the general manger's car and he had couple days off to attend a funeral. Being a nice customer, I was ok with it and asked them to ship it ASAP and again asked for a tracking number. I was told that they would call and let me know. They didn't call me so I called again. I was transfered to the General Manager this time and he with some attitude told me that he doesn't have a tracking number but my charger was shipped two days earlier and I would receive it in the next couple days. And if i didn't, he advised me that i go and buy a new charger and send him the bill and he would reimburse me.

A month later I still haven't received my charger. I did get a new charger but didn't bother sending my bill to the general manager. I had no faith in him or his service. Somebody who couldn't ship a charger would definately not reimburse me for my $50. And the worst part about this whole thing is my cell phone contract expires next month and that charger will be useless to me.

This was my unpleasant experience with the staffs from this holiday inn but this will always make me think couple times before stepping into another Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2004

Excellent Hotel and a wonderful staff, especially Mike at the front desk he is a very wonderful person and a very good asset to your property, I wish every hotel had people like him

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville? Share your experiences!