“Small but comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centerville
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Small but comfortable”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. Very solid HIE with free breakfast, parking, and WiFi. Equipped with a microwave oven, mini-refrigerator, flat-screen TV, & recliner seat in the room. Indoor pool & business center. Fitness room was a little small with 2 treadmills, but that didn't detract from all of the venue's positive attributes. I'm glad I selected this hotel for my Dayton stay. Definitely recommend and will repeat whenever my travels take me to this area in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Hidden in the back of a shopping area is a very surprising gem of a HIE. The room was extremely clean, and the front desk especially Rob was cordial, professional and extremely helpful to our needs. The mattresses which can be too or too soft we're just right. The breakfast was better than most HIE we have visited. Also within walking distance to several restaurants. A great value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for the very kind words Edgemore from Solon.
Rob is now a bit gitty after seeing his name mentioned on a national website.
His hat size went up few notches.
I got a bit gitty myself when you, Papa Bear, referred to the bed as not too soft but just right!
I have to tell you that itis nice to have someone as well traveled as you to recognize our hard work.
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A very unassuming hotel in the middle of a small outdoor shopping center. Although it is small in comparison to large Holiday Inn's, one can be assured that there is nothing missing.

From the moment you check in, the friendly staff is ready to take care of you as their guest and patron. The hotel is extremely clean and has just been newly decorated. It has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room. There is also a special room for small group meetings. Free WiFi.

These accomodations come complete with a full self serve breakfast, pancakes, scramble eggs, toast, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. Fresh piping hot coffee and four choices of juice, as well as yogurt and buns.

Paul at the front desk is extremely pleasant and eager to assist you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floor are away from the pool, jacuzzi and meeting area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for all the kind words Patti.
It's like I have a new salesperson working for us!
I will surely pass on your comments to Paul and the rest of the staff.
Thank you for loving the hotel as much as we do.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We got a superb treatment during the check in.The hotel was full because some cheer leading competition. I got a wheelchair accessible room. Due to that, the bathroom was enormous. The problem was that the floor always get wet because there is no floor level diference to retain the water (for wheel chair accesibility).
I liked that the fitness center is too small, but it is open 24h. No problem to use the treadmill at 5.30AM.
Fair breakfast, included in the price,

Room Tip: Accessible room is huge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Roberto,
It sounds like you were here during a very busy time.
We only have one room like the one that you were assigned.
You must have been the last available reservation in for the day.
I am like you, I prefer a shower in an enclosed space, but you must admit how much more convenient this type of shower is for someone in a wheelchair.
I am glad you feel that we delivered 'supreme service.' You enjoyed the fitness center and the breakfast.
With all the nice things you had to say, I am surprised that you ranked us with only 3 stars.
Forgive me, but I am not used to being scored that low.
I do hope that you find yourself in our hotel again. I would like the opportunity to earn a higher score.
Thank you Roberto, we do apprciate your business.
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife, I and our three kids stayed here for a night while visiting family in the area. This was our 2nd stay. While this is not a fancy place, there is a lot to like - great rates, free wifi, cleanliness, nice breakfast offering and some nice customer focused touches (wine and soft drinks the night we checked in and Easter candy on Easter morning). The front desk staff was eager to be helpful and earnestly cared whether we had a good visit. Very nice place with easy access to the south Dayton suburbs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MJN63
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
You don't waste any time MJN63, it is great for us to read your review and we are still putting our Easter stuff away.
It was simply a beautiful Easter weekend here in Dayton.
I am glad you and your family were able to join us.
Yes, yes, yes, the Easter Bunny did make a stop at the hotel, but what you may not know is that the Tooth Fairy showed up too for another special guest.
Please do join us again.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been to many hotels and this is by far the most friendly, helpful, and pleasant hotel staff I encountered! I don't usually write review but they need to know that they are doing an awesome job. See you next year during the WGI World Championships' week!

NB the front hotel rooms' view is not glamorous but don't judge a book by its cover!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello Sophie L,
Winterguard Championship Week...what a fun time to be in Dayton. It's a lot of fun for us too, to be part of such a prestigious event. We were so excited to be the host hotel for the World Percussion Champions. The kids work so hard to get here, it makes us proud to be included.
Thank you for the business. I will be sure to share your compliments on to everyone here.
Until next year!
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This property was exceptionally clean & the staff was friendly & helpful. I am the leader of a group that stays at 10-12 properties per year. This is a VERY well run hotel that truly understands service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you Coach.
I am so glad the hotel was the right choice for you.
We work very hard to make sure from check-in to check-out everything is smooth and seamless.
We like to think that we take the bumps out of your road so you can concentrate on what's important, your group's success.
We appreciate your kind words.
We look forward to your next visit.
Bill Thomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville? Share your experiences!