“Tom B”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Tom B”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews, thought I would give Kabuki a try. I'm a sushi lover and Mori House in Suwanee, Ga has the best sushi in the world. Kabuki was just average at best, nothing special here in my opinion. Atmosphere nothing special.

• Visited January 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Some of the best sushi I've ever had!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went here on New Years Eve with friends of ours. If you are going on weekend or holiday nights, make reservations, it's a small place. Large selection of sushi rolls, fresh sushi, and wonderful plating. I will be going back at least twice a month. AWESOME!

“Great sushi”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband considers himself somewhat of a sushi expert. He travels all over Asia several times a year and has sushi everywhere he goes. He happily will go to Kabuki whenever I suggest it. I enjoy Yaki Udon or vegetable tempora both of which are very good.

Visited September 2012
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

By far the best sushi I have ever had in Ohio! I love the premium rolls they have. The miso soup is delish too! Try the sunshine roll (a slightly sweeter roll) it is what we always eat last to end the meal. Yum!

Visited March 2012
Centerville, Ohio
1,784 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,162 helpful votes
“Great Korean and Sushi”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Kabuki on South Main in Centerville, OH is occupying a small building that has been home to several different restaurants.

Any restaurant claiming to offer Korean, Japanese, and Sushi is suspect. We have long been fans of the several Korean restaurants in Fairborn near WPAFB. We visited for Korean. We have no assessment of the Japanese meals. The softshell crabs are a treat, and then we visit a real Sushi chef. The Tuna, Salmon, and Red Snapper were fresh and really good. Definite several notches above the Kroger carryout Sushi. We recommend the Sushi dinner for two.

My wife required some time to decide between the fresh squid and the Bibimbob (stone very hot bowl of veggies, beef, rice topped with a fried egg.) She required a "doggy box."
I wanted beef, and the hostess recommended Bulgogi ( sliced ribeye with veggies and rice.) I required a "doggy box."

Ambience_well maybe not, but the Korean staff and family was intent on pleasing. This is a small property, and seems to do very good business. There were several take-outs while we dined. The typical selection of Japanese beer (and a few U.S. beers) are available. We visited during the January restaurant week, and found a very pleasant variety of Asian food. The preparation, presentation, and service is outstanding.

We seem to have experienced several Dayton area restaurants and recommend that indifferent management take a lesson form Kabuki. The owners, management, and servers really care about their clients. Kabuki even gave us a $10.00 certificate for our next visit.

We award this "mom and pop" an excellence award for the meals, attention, and service.

• Visited January 2012