“First visit to renamed "Twisted Root"”
Review of Savona Ristorante - CLOSED

Savona Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I joined our friends who were celebrating a wedding anniversary. This restaurant closed a few months ago after a car crashed into the building causing damage. It recently reopened as Twisted Root. The restaurant feels cozy. I liked the ambience, darker colors and successful noise reduction. I never heard another conversation but ours despite being 3 feet or so from the next table. My hubby ordered the duck special and I had the filet mignon. Both were delicious! Totally cleaned the plate. It looks like they try and serve locally sourced food where they can. It's a bit expensive but I will a happily pay more for a great meal.

2  Thank Snowlover81
There are newer reviews for Savona Ristorante

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We went on Valentine's Day with a group of 5. We were seated fairly quickly and given our menus and water...after that we waited over 20 minutes before anyone returned. Other tables had their orders taken promptly, including one that was seated well after us. We aren't the types to complain so just joked about it among ourselves! After we did order our food was served quickly and the salads very tasty and fresh. The bread is good with just the right amount of crunch. Each of us got something different and no one went home disappointed. My steak was well seasoned and cooked the way like and our glasses were refilled quickly. The ambiance is elegant and tasteful. Right on South Main (48) it is easy to find. Reservations are recommended. We will be back!

1  Thank Susudio
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience! Group of 8 and they were extremely accommodating, especially since we had two people who are gluten free. Service, food and atmosphere was amazing!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was the second time we have gone to Savona, and my wife and I and the other couple with us enjoyed the meal very much. I had the special dinner of the night- mahi mahi fish with mash potatoes and green beans with a lobster sauce. My wife had a chicken cheese melt dish which was very tasty. The other couple had a chicken dish and a veal dish and they both loved their food. We shared a bottle of Syrah wine which was also a special for the night, and we all liked it. You can easily drive by the restaurant on route 48 just south of 725, but it is worth trying it out.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I have been to Savona twice, and both times for date night and it was fantastic. The chef is amazing, and the filet mignon was not only delicious but the presentation of the dish was gorgeous. Everything we ordered tasted very fresh and had so much flavor and needed nothing, the balance of flavors was top-top. The filet mignon had a demi-glace that was absolutely fabulous and I know that takes days to prepare to accomplish that. The meal paired nicely with the Concannon petite sirah that we ordered that evening. We love this dining experience and we would gladly return, and plan to do that. It is a well-hidden secret of Dayton's best, in my opinion. Bravisimo!