“Great Food-Fair Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I eat at this restaurant 3-4 times yearly...I absolutely love their Vermont Cheddar Burger with Parmesan Fries....I appreciate the fact that it is a local business with local produce when possible...and it's close to home....
I don't have any problems with the food, however, the service is not good....the last two times we dined there, our wait staff was almost rude.
I would encourage one to try this restaurant and enjoy a good night out....

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We understand "upscale Italian." Savona would like to think upscale, and the prices are overpriced. We seldom see full parking lots. The tables are too close. We bet Savona's could triple the business with a menu overhaul.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We have been trying for quite some time to dine at Savona. They are only open for dinner, Tuesday-Saturday so it was a challenge to work our schedule with theirs.

Savona has a nice little bar area when you first walk in. The challenge with this is on a cold night--and it was cold--the bar area is also cold. They do a nice happy hour during the week with half price glasses of house wine and half price flatbread. Kudos to them on this.
Their menu is pretty straightforward. Nothing exotic or interesting. We have many friends who find comfort in, well, comfort type foods. I like to step outside the culinary box and try things that I cannot do myself or what not have thought of.
Our dinner was good, not great. Please do not read this as a negative. The kitchen executed our meals exactly as described on the menu. My only thought here is that for the money, there was no WOW factor.
Wine list. For a property with a wine based theme, the wine list was lacking, especially in the whites. The pricing is standard restaraunt retail, which I have a problem with. I have seen several local places bringing their wine pricing back to reality in the hopes of increasing traffic and volume and it works. I would also like to see the years, especially at these prices.
Dessert. We did not have the opportunity to have dessert, but the selections looked very tempting.
Service. This was the shining star of the night. Our waiter, Jamie was simply outstanding! He had great product knowledge, helped us navigate through the menu, was extremely attentive and had a great energy level and enthusiasm for the job. He reminded me of the professional waiters you see at Peter Lugars or Smith & Wollensky in New York, but at half their age. If you dine here, I would absolutely recommend asking to be seated in his section.
Overall, I would not have a problem going back, but it would not be a "go to" destination for us, although they have the potential to be one.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our group of four had a range of entrees; filet, beef tips, salmon and pork chop. All were very good, prepared to order and nice sized portions but not inexpensive. The bar needs improvement since a wine on their list was not available and they were out of bitters so a cocktail had to be changed. Service was good. The atmosphere was missing -- just plain bland. We may visit here again.