“Don't Bake, Go to Boosalis”
Review of Boosalis Baking

Boosalis Baking
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Centerville
Description: We have been in business 10 years - providing the community 100% scratch baking goods. Everything, everything we do is 100% baked from the basic ingredients of pure butter, eggs, cream and milk. We abstain from any shortcuts. Scones made with 100% cream and mixed by hand, Croissants made with European grade butter, French breads with slow 14 hour fermentation - these are but a few of our offerings. We also provide a crisp clean sandwich menu featuring our artisan bread pared with the very best deli vendor: Boar's Head meat and cheese.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I haven't even tried everything that Matt and his team can create, but I've tried so much of it and every creation is perfect. Of course the croissants are the lightest, airiest I've had outside of Europe but every other baked good, from every day bread to the once a year holiday treats are truly superb. I've introduced many people and they all agree. Every time I am there Matt is sampling something new and different. He made a unqiue and perfect tray for me for a recent dinner party and not even a crumb was left.

And, don't overlook Boosalis for a great, quick and perfectly portioned lunch. My personal favorite is the hunky chicken salad, but all items are worth sampling.

If you want something special, if you can dream it, Matt can create it.

Date of visit: November 2012
2  Thank BGBeth

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Wow. Finally a bakery worth talking about. The Croissant is the real deal. Crispy crust and chewy inside. I also had a wonderful Spinach salad that mixes a little sweet from orange, tart from cranberry, crunch from almonds, sharpness of blue cheese, and a nice herb dressing that brings it all together. The French bread they served with it was fantastic. I'm all about the texture with great bread and they really nailed it. We also tried a sandwich with roast beef, blue cheese and horseradish that was made by the bread once again. Didn't try any sweets this time but they looked amazing.

2  Thank DCHTucson
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This guy is a master! I've had alot of good croissants and this is top five all time, world-wide. Really, please believe me. If you don't prove me wrong by trying this place out. If you live anywhere near Dayton and you haven't been here yet, get here! If you will be anywhere near Dayton, go here!

Date of visit: March 2012
2  Thank PioneerSpirit1914
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was offered a half-sandwich + cup of soup which was not on the menu. Chicken salad was tasty, although I think there was egg in the mixture which all might not like. Soup was excellent. I bought a pumpkin dessert for tomorrow. Owner was very pleasant. Note: I went late afternoon and was only customer.

2  Thank Kirbyk
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stumbled upon Boosalis while I was in town for work. After deciding against the nearby Starbucks I found Boosalis. What a gem in the baking world! The owner/baker was so friendly and hospitalble. The scones are the best I have ever tasted - they are all good, especially savory is the bacon and cheddar. I didn't have enough time to try their lunch menu, but based on their scones, I bet everything there is wonderful! You must go!

Date of visit: August 2011