“Simple living at its best”
Review of West Bank Inn

and 1 more site!
West Bank Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Celina B&B and Inns
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS
“Simple living at its best”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel was a welcome stop while traveling to Indiana. Every room has a view of the Grand Lake. The room was very simple but incredibly clean. The best restaurant in town shares their parking lot. We had a good Italian meal and a sunset and sunrise view of the lake. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The office closed at 8:00. If you check in later you'd need to use a lock box.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Carlinville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at the West Bank Inn on our Hwy 127 Yard Sale Adventure.

After a long day of treasure hunting we looked forward to getting back to the room & sitting out on the balcony to enjoy the perfect view. We just happened to visit when there was a full moon & the reflection sparkling & dancing across the waters was mesmerizing! The sidewalk along the lake was perfect for my morning jog! About 2 miles from the Inn to the dog park & back with scenes of the lake & wooded areas all along the way.

I told my husband that I wanted to move to Celina when I retired (I'm 31 - so just a couple more years. LoL.)

The staff were super helpful when I called to ask questions & book a room!

After we checked out & headed out for another full day of yard saling, I got a call from one of the staff letting me know that I left my FAVORITE pillow & my phone charger. We were already about 20 miles into our treasure hunt, so I knew no one would want to head back. And then I got another call letting me know that they could charge my card & ship my items to me. Such a fantastic staff! We sell stuff on eBay & shipping is such a hassle. So glad they went through the trouble to reunite me with my pillow. ;o)

Beds were comfy - I slept like a baby, refreshed & ready for the morning.

If you're anywhere near this gorgeous town, make sure you stay at the West Bank Inn!
Price is comparable to Holiday Inn Express, no breakfast or pool, but the view is priceless to me. Didn't get a chance to try the Jacuzzi tub, but I'm sure it would have been splendid.

I was in love with the West Bank Inn the moment I saw it online, so I guess I'll take my rose colored glassed off for a bit & let the other couple's thoughts be added to this review to make it a little less bias. Only negatives the couple that went with us had were the smell outside - water treatment center is nearby, but really anytime I've stayed near the water, whether it's a lake or the ocean, there's always a bit of an unpleasant odor at first, but you get used to it really fast. The doors were hard to lock - you had to pull up on the bathroom door to get it to catch & the same with the balcony door. And there were only 3 towels & 4 people in the room, which didn't faze me at all because my husband & I share a towel at home all the time.

So if you're easy going like me & want a nice, clean place with a view & a beautiful location for a morning jog or evening stroll - you will love love love The West Bank Inn!

If you're a penny pinching couple like our friends (o: you'll probably be just as happy at the Americas Best Value Inn! :o)

I think vacations should come with a few luxuries myself. ;o) Super Clean, Fantastic Staff, Priceless View = Given the chance we will be back!

Room Tip: A 2nd floor room gives you spectacular view of the lake from your balcony! Pack some skin so soft...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Another good stay at the Westbank Inn. For the record, I always bring my own shampoo/conditioner/shower gel so I don't care about the soap dispensers, though I
will give you that it is not the best stuff. Not all of the lights on the outside of the building are not on at night because of the bugs that live around the lake that would be drawn to them and undoubtably get into the rooms too. I think that if given a chance the hotel owners/management would address any issues brought to them, even late night noise, of which I have never heard. I like this place, obviously.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2012

While seeing a concert in Ft Wayne, the previous summer the GPS took us through Celina. A friend and I thought it was such a beautiful, little town we made it our mission to take a road trip back. A few weeks ago (Feb 2012), we had tickets to another concert in Ft Wayne (an hour and a half away) and decided since Celina was about a 2 hour drive from Cincinnati to stay there. We're only 18, and check in policy is 21..After contacting them they allowed us to check in on the condition of a quiet stay and credit card deposit, voiding the cash option. I complied. The room was so clean! It smelled fantastic upon arrival. It was very laid back. The staff was prompt and professional but friendly and made you feel welcome. I could have gone for a few more towels in the bathroom, and perhaps complimentary shampoo and conditioner NOT from a foam bathroom soap dispenser, but I take full sized bottles with me when I travel anyways, so it wasn't a big deal. Just principle simply. The noise was minimal that night when we arrived back at the hotel at midnight. The lake was gorgeous. This is the only hotel/motel I've EVER left the comforter on the bed. I feel confident they are cleaned after each guest, unlike chain hotels! The Jacuzzi tub was quite a nice addition to have. Only two more slight cons but they are NOT to be outweighed by the uncountable pros; The water smells. It smells exactly like the air does outside, so clearly it's just the county's purifying system that sucks. When taking a shower it's not noticeable, but after the bathroom smells. I sprayed perfume and shut the door and the problem was solved. I wouldn't drink from the tap, but I also packed snacks/water so I just tossed it in the mini fridge. And, they don't have a dresser/chest of drawers. I laid my clothes out on the writing desk to avoid getting wrinkled, even though an iron and board are provided which is also nice. Found that kinda strange, but beggers can't be choosers, right?! All I want for my birthday is to spend the weekend in Celina, and getting to see around the town! DEFINITELY booking at WBI!

Room Tip: Stayed in 103 and it was lovely!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ashleyf612
Cornish, Maine
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Awesome place to stay, very friendly staff, If you need anything they were right there to assist you! Nice rooms very clean, nice view of the lake, Just overall a nice place.Im planning a trip back to celina, my first choice will be at west bank inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We’ll never stay here again. Well the room was clean and the view was nice. And the rate wasn’t too bad, we stayed there 2 nights Friday and Saturday,
Friday wasn’t too bad, but Saturday night was awful, there were 2 guys in the room above us, we were in 103 and they were in 203. It started about 1:00 am and lasted till well after 5 am. sounded like a herd of horses up there banging on the floor and maybe the walls, I’m not sure, sounded like they were jumping off the bed or something. But we didn’t get any sleep after 1 AM. And I had a long drive the next day so you know what kind of shape I was in.
A clean room can’t make up for lost sleep, SO WE’LL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. There’s too many nice places in Celina to stay, and doesn’t cost as mush. Plus the beds we"nt all that Comfortable either.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dan P
Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Pros: Room size, couch, in-room whirlpool/big tub, price (off-peak), lake view for every room, some room amenities (coffee, non-price-gouging bottled water ($1.50), makeup removal wipes, safe).

Cons:

The night we stayed (Fri Dec 9), there were a total of 4 occupied guest rooms. The hotel is 2 floors of 7 rooms each for a total of 14. You guessed it, we were placed in a room that shared an in-room door next to a screaming toddler. Nice 5am alarm. I believe that's not even Hospitality 101.

In-room jaccuzi shut off after 15 minutes. Coudn't figure out how to get it started back up, and no instruction manual or some sort of sign or literature in the room.

All-in-one wall-mounted shampoo-bodywash-conditioner-dessert topping-brake fluid-soylent green-printer ink dispenser at both the bathroom sink and in the shower. Come on.

I've stayed here to visit family several times before. Very correct in the reviews below that the Owner is very friendly and cheerful. However, when one of the younger females (high school/college age) is working the desk, please don't attempt to bother them with your petty check-in requests or questions. They would rather their mobile phone calls with their boy/friends not be interrupted.

---

Yes, rooms are a little dated, but really no biggie.

All in all, most likely still the best in town.

Room Tip: If you're going in the winter, ask if you can have nobody in adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank timm17428
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celina
Americas Best Value Inn Celina
#1 of 2 in Saint Marys
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys
Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to West Bank Inn? Share your experiences!