“Average Hotel... You Could Do Worse.”

Best Western Celina
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Celina
Huber Heights, Ohio
“Average Hotel... You Could Do Worse.”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express in Celina Ohio is an acceptable hotel. The room was average in its furnishings. The wi-fi internet worked. The bed was reasonably comfortable. My room was cleaned every day. And the hotel was relatively quiet at night.

The only problems I had were: 1) the air conditioner's condensation line was backed up and was dripping on the floor near the unit. It made the carpet soaked and smell like must. 2) The walls and floors are not sound proof at all. I didn't necessarily want to get up at 5.30 am, but I could not sleep through the people above me getting up, moving around and taking a shower at 5.30. Additionally, I could hear the conversations of the individuals in the rooms next to me.

That said, I think that this hotel is probably the best one in Celina. The hotel functions as a business hotel well but not as a tourist destination.

Room Tip: The room are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave_in_Huber
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our facility. It greatly helps to know what we are doing well and what we need to work on. Just a suggestion for all my guests, if a quiet room is needed please request the 2nd floor. Thank you again. Your opinion is valued.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Eau Claire, WI
Reviewed June 19, 2011

For a trip to visit family, we stayed four nights. The room appeared to have been recently updated and the whole motel seemed fresh and cared for. The staff were all VERY nice and always helpful. I liked how clean and attended the breakfast room was.

A couple of small dissatisfactions…We were delighted with the first floor room, but in the night if someone walked around in the room above us, it sounded like they were in the room with us. The first time I heard it, I thought my husband had gotten up and was walking about in the room—it was rather odd.

Also, I was a bit surprised, that although I tipped daily, the floors were not vacuumed daily and some things, like the lamps were dusty, that sort of thing. Also they are pretty aggressive about not wanting to change your sheets and would like you to reuse your towels. When we arrived, there were two very worn down rolls of tp in the bathroom and they were never replenished. We ran out of toilet paper the morning we left and had to use Kleenex.

AND please get a better assortment of TV stations....a very budget selection.

But overall, it was fine, the staff were all lovely, and since it is the only viable chain motel in this resort town, I’m sure we will stay again.

Room Tip: If you want several days here -- book early.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for your input. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be used for training purposes. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you back sometime in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Hotel was very quiet and clean. breakfast was very good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our facility. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your past stay. It is always nice to hear from our valued guests.
ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2010

the staff there is excellent very friendly and helpful. room was very nice and clean. beds were comfortable. the pool area is very nice. we were there for the races that got cancelled so the lady at the front desk helped us look for something to do in the area which there wasnt anything. other than that the night was great. the breakfast was good with a variety of food. it is a quiet hotel. would definately stay again and recommend to everyone else.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the positive feedback.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Let me start by saying I stayed here in 2007, then again in 2010 for two weeks each time...what a HUGE improvement during the 2010 stay!

Customer Service: I personally felt the service here was great on both stays. The staff is friendly and smiling!

Comfort: The hotel was recently remodeled and the beds are now comfortable and the bedding feels nice. Several pillows are provided, both soft and firm. Towels are typical hotel towels.

Quiet: They must have taken care to reduce noise by adding insulation during the remodel..or something. I slept very well, barely heard a sound. I travel often on business and rarely sleep well because most Holiday Inns have thin walls. Wasn't a problem for me here this time. (In 2007, it was.) I slept better here than I have slept at a hotel in years!

Breakfast: I never eat the provided breakfast, but they serve the typical Holiday Inn fare, scrambled eggs, bacon, hot cinnamon rolls, whatever bread products you may desire, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, teas, coffee, and juices. My coworkers enjoyed it.

Elevator: No, still no elevator. If you aren't able to take your luggage up one flight of stairs, request a first floor room. The staff is friendly, they will oblige if they can.

In summary, the hotel was remodeled in 2008, so keep in mind experiences before and after that date may be quite different. I admit, I was a bit concerned about returning, but now that I have experienced it, I am happy to say they took the criticisms and improved upon the structure during the remodel.

And if you want GREAT food while staying here, try Bella's Italian Restaurant just down the road. Yummy and reasonable prices!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is wonderful to see that our guests appreciate all the hard work that has gone into imrpoving our facility.

Another renovation is scheduled for this year, so more improvements are on their way. Hope to see you again in the future!

Thank you!
Indiana
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Was in town with my husband, mom, brother, daughter, and grandson on Friday the 16th for my Uncles viewing/funeral, I am glad to say the Holiday Inn was great! The pool was clean and a warm 84 degrees. The Hot tub was hot and relaxing. The breakfast selection was very good. There was hot food along with the typical cold cereal and yogurts.
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Employees were great. I am very glad that this place has moved up from the previous reviews. I almost cancelled our two rooms due to the old reviews. But since they were old, I took a chance and was VERY happy! There is a Walmart right across the street and several places to eat within a mile radius.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
HIECelina, Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our facility. It is nice to hear that all of our hardwork is recognized. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Thank you!
Michigan
Reviewed April 17, 2008

If you are looking for a great travel hotel while working, keep looking!

This hotel is about the biggest example of non-accomodations I have ever seen.

Breakfast is a joke- they stop putting out the one hot item- cinnamon rolls at 7- leaving later breakfast goers nothing but cereal and toast and seriously diluted juice.

I booked two rooms for a week, and was told when I got here that my request for a fridge and microwave would be honored- at $6 EACH PER DAY. Incredible.

No guest laundry- they will send out your dirty duds at an exhorbiant price- after all- there is no other way to get your clothes clean.

In conclusion, I will never ever, EVER stay at this dump again. I hope the management reads this and fixes a few things so that other people spending $1,000 here are not so bitterly disappointed.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank Paperchaser66
HIECelina, General Manager at Best Western Celina, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Our facility has gone through a remodel since this stay and have add the "Express Start Breakfast" which includes the hot food items that our guests wanted. We are also now 100% smoke-free and all the mattresses were new in the summer of 2007. Also all our King Executive rooms do offer the microfridge and microwaves. Thank you for making us aware of your concerns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celina
Americas Best Value Inn Celina
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Saint Marys
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys
Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Delphos

Been to Best Western Celina? Share your experiences!