All reviews breakfast is served fantastic location kept awake private patio hotel is located pool area enjoyed our stay pools luxury tub sea region pace linens monopoli masseria
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I love places that make you feel well from the moment you walk in. The smile, the way you are greeted it all sets you up in a mood. Here at this wonderful venue even if we were not able to sit in the incredible terrace almost set in the sea- it was too cold, one could enjoy the espectacular sunset behind the windows.
A fine explanation on all the choices we could make made our mouth watery. It was difficult to choose the main course so we asked our waiter to choose an Apulian dish.
Wine was also from the region and so we were set for a perfect dinner.
For starters we had spaghetti Vongole absolutely delicate. The main course is was a local fish served with capers, celery, black olives and some thinly cooked potatoes all served with a fish consomé. It was such a balanced blend of delicate flavours. The local wine was the perfect match, so it was a fine and delightful dinner.
Food fantastic, service attentive and caring, venue beautiful.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We booked our hotel through Mr and Mrs Smith who we have used before

The only issue with the booking was the price increased significantly the same day of the quotation due to the hotels dynamic pricing policy
As we had already booked flights we had to go with the increased price but not delighted with with the company or hotel for what seems unreasonable behaviour

The hotel is located on the coast about 15 minutes drive from Monopoli and ten from Savelletri

You very definitely need a car and may be wise to book one from the airport as they offer better prices and car choices

The hotel itself is a good design the rooms are along the coast so you have a rather unique view with your outdoor terrace being right on the water

The rooms 108 and up I would say are the better rooms

The main bedroom has good furnishings although a king bed rather than two combined singles would be better
The main bathroom has a bath and is of good size

The beds are FIRM but they do have mattress toppers on request
The second smaller room has a small sofa and more wardrobes plus a rather small shower room
The pools are nice -one is heated and I imagine in the summer it is very pleasant area to spend time

The reception bar lounge and restaurant are all nicely done very white and smart

Breakfast is served on your terrace and is very good

The Restaurant food is excellent but quite over priced compared to the other good restaurants in the area

The staff were pleasant and helpful especially Rosa on reception who is brilliant, Rosario in the restaurant and young ‘Frankie ‘ who never stopped and always had a smile and friendly chat

There is a nice beach walk adjacent to the hotel

Monopoli has an attractive old town and lots of good restaurants

Savelletri and Torre Canne are nice beach resorts with again good restaurants

October is probably too late to visit if you want sun but makes for a very pleasant quiet holiday

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

I had a fantastic one-night stay at La Peschiera last autumn. Everything was perfect from the moment I arrived at the hotel. As an SLH guest, I received a room upgrade to a lovely Sunshine Sea View Room with Terrace, with its own semi-private patio right next to the sea. It was a thrill to be able to swim in the Adriatic Sea directly from your own patio.

The room was spacious and stylish, all about white space, crisp linens and thoughtful details. There were two bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bath. The room also had a Nespresso machine and a complimentary bottle of Prosecco on ice with a welcome note from the hotel manager…

The service at La Peschiera was excellent throughout my stay. Snobbiness is sometimes a problem in places this fancy, but La Peschiera staff was anything but. They were professional, friendly and easy-going.

Saleblu restaurant was a lovely candle-lit affair with good food and excellent, if pricy, wine. I was a bit worried in advance as a vegetarian but they were able to cater to vegetarians without any problems.

The pool area was a delight! Plenty of space and a proper Finnish sauna to warm up in when it got too chilly outside. I didn’t use the hotel’s sandy beach but I am sure it’s a great asset on a hot summer day.

All in all, La Peschiera was a perfect place for a romantic couple’s getaway, full of tranquility, elegance and luxury. As a great bonus, it is an adults only establishment.

I will definitely return when I have saved enough money to do so again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful - right on the Adriatic and I would be giving it 5 stars and telling everyone to go there now IF it hadn’t been so exorbitantly expensive. It cost €2000 per night and for that you had better be perfect. On the plus side - the design is gorgeous, there are 6 beautiful swimming pools and the sea - which involves a gorgeous, sheltered sea water lido right outside the rooms. The staff are also extremely pleasant and the food in the restaurant is very good. The negatives though are that the building is a converted fishery of some sort and so windows are small and the rooms a little claustrophobic as a result. The swimming pools are beautiful but all but one is unheated and so they are more for show than anything. Also, there is a bad mosquito problem made worse by all of that water. One of the inspired and gorgeous features of this hotel is the ability to have breakfast at the time of your choosing served on the sea facing terrace outside your room - and it is spectacularly lovely. Attention to detail isn’t quite there though - no salt and pepper. No ice water. Coffee served in tea pots that quickly go cold - as does the food. They could do with some plate covers! The toiletries weren’t refreshed. Nor was the mini bar restocked.

The 2 nights we stayed, we were kept awake until 4am by thumping music from the resort next door.

Details - but you can’t charge those prices if you aren’t on top of them!

We would absolutely return - but only at a third of the price!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DirettoreMelograno, Direttore vendite at La Peschiera, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Snowlet11,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at La Peschiera while in Puglia, but also for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our style, pools, sea,food quality and staff but I am very sorry to learn that your experience was not the best it could be as for your comments.

I have already contacted the relevant departments and I am sure you will find the service greatly improved and problems solved upon your next stay.

I hope you will have many more opportunities to visit Puglia and to stay at La Peschiera as we look forward to welcoming you again!

Greetings from Apulia and kind regards,

Serena Pignataro
Sales & Marketing Executive

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

A stay at La Peschiera represents a truly unique experience. Only 13 rooms, 5 swimming pools, adjacent to its private beach, top quality restaurant, corteous staff always attentive. The rooms have their own access to the sea. Breakfast is served in the rooms patio. A quiet environment where relax and luxury are guaranteed. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DirettoreMelograno, Direttore vendite at La Peschiera, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Mr. Lucio,
Greetings from sunny Puglia.
My most sincere thank you for your words regarding our unique property.

We are proud to know that our guests take a pleasant memory along with them of the quality of service, staff and the beauty of our location. Rooms with private access to the sea is the really luxury!
We trust to welcome you back soon and until then I send you my best regards.

Serena Pignataro