“We'll Be Back Soon!”

Hearthstone Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedarville
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Needing just a quiet weekend getaway from Dayton, my spouse and I decided to give the Hearthstone a try. It seemed very quaint and exactly what we were looking for on the website. We were not disappointed one bit! Actually, it was alot better than we had expected! Stuart the owner, made us feel right at home instantly, and he really went out of his way to make sure our stay was perfect. Our room was extremely clean, cozy, comfortable and it made for the most perfect night! Breakfast was delicious and we both felt like it was worth every penny. We are both going to make this a tradition and we can't wait to come back! Thank you Stuart! We're also going to tell all of our friends!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
HearthstoneInn, Owner at Hearthstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for the kind review! During the warm months it gets even better at Hearthstone Inn with the adjacent Bike Trail and our convenient bicycle rentals! Especially with a bicycle-built-for-two! Do tell your friends or your small social/church group or club. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed for the first time on a Thursday night. Visiting our son at Cedarville University. Stayed in a Jacuzzi suite. Very nice; very clean. Separate living room with TV, sink, fridge. Also a separate make-up vanity area. King sized bed in bedroom along with TV. Everything was very nice; modern; up-to-date. Really enjoyed 2-person Jacuzzi. Only negative: Back stairs have fire doors with signs that say "Fire Door Keep Closed". Of course they were blocked open. This is a common thing I've seen @ other hotels. Proprietors don't seem to understand the safety implications. I closed the one on my floor which was just outside our room. I did mention it to the employee on duty in the morning. He said I was the first person to EVER mention it

Room Tip: You get a discount if you are visiting the university.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HearthstoneInn, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to mention the open fire door. In fact, this is the first time a guest has ever mentioned it! We routinely keep the door closed except for when guests are going in and out during breakfast, as a convenience for them. Also, housekeepers go in and out during housekeeping hours as they often carry supplies. We do apologize for the door being open and will endeavor to monitor it's proper closure.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband & I wanted to do something small town type before Christmas & went to Waynesville for shopping at antique & craft stores. We didn't see much in that area hotel-like to stay in, so we found this & decided to try it out. We attended a musical "The Gift of the Magi" at the Cedarville Opera House, only about one block away (also very good). We loved the fact the inn is decorated with icicle lights & looks very festive outside. Inside the lobby had a beautiful large Christmas tree & a nice fireplace that we enjoyed sitting near. Also, there were beautiful display cases with Civil War relics displayed on the main level & 2nd floor. We were very confortable in our room which was very clean & neat. (I normally instantly remove the bedspread from the bed at most establishments & am unconfortable walking bare foot or in socks on the floors.....so I felt good about it, because I wasn't concerned about either.)
We found everyone very friendly (staff & owner) & very helpful in giving additional information (even print-outs) we needed in regards to places to eat. (which there isn't much within Cedarville, but you wouldn't starve there either)
Clifton Mill is not far away, so we enjoyed the beautiful lights of the mill & covered bridge & such one evening as well.
We both really enjoyed out stay & plan to stay here again when we want a little weekend get-away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BethT798
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed at the Hearthstone for 2 nights while attending a Cedarville University Event. Staff was pleasant, room was clean and comfortable and the location can't be beat when attending Cedarville Events. The morning breakfast had a nice selection as well although they don't start breakfast until 8:00am so if you have an early morning meeting you may not be able to enjoy. They offer free wireless but the signal during my stay was weak and difficult to connect to. All in all i would stay again, when visiting Cedarville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the back door on the lower level as it will be close to parking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at this establishment for one evening, 11/17/2011. We were in the 'jacuzzi' suite, as there were no other rooms available for that evening. First impressions of the inn and room were positive, but things were not as they seemed.

There was supposed to be internet in the rooms, but the equipment servicing our area was inoperative. A mention of this to the front desk brought a look and comment that indicated skepticism there was really a problem. However, after another guest noted that he hadn't been able to get internet for the better part of a day, the problem became something to let the 'night manager' handle. Even the next day, it was unavailable.

However, this paled in comparison to the quality of the mattress in the room. Or, should I say, lack of quality. It was, without question, the worst mattress I have ever slept on. It was a toss-up as to whether the mattress on the pull-out sofa was better than the one in the bedroom.

Finally, the jacuzzi had a low frequency electrical hum that, while not obnoxious, was definitely noticeable. Absolutely no way to eliminate the noise.

I assumed that when I checked out, I would be asked 'how was everything?" and I could explain. However, when I put the keys on the counter at the front desk said I was checking out the response was, "Okay, on your way, then?" and the desk attendant went back to his computer screen.

The attitude of the evening desk person and the morning one left me thinking they don't really care, so I didn't waste my breath going over the issues we faced.

I would rather stay a half hour further away than at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the jacuzzi suite, not anywhere close to worth the money.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I have been staying here at least once per year for the past 7 years or so. I can't think of a negative comment!!! We love the charm and homey feel of this place. Everything is always super clean and the staff is above and beyond friendly and helpful. Book your Room early...they book up fast and understandably so!

Room Tip: The photos on the website are EXACTLY what you see when you get there!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms and facilities in general seem new and extremely clean. I spent a couple hours each day in the main lobby, sitting and reading on the nice leather couches near the fireplace in the main lobby. Breakfast was pretty decent. Even the lobby bathroom was spotless. They have a pretty decent selection of DVDs behind the front desk. My family and I watched a movie in one of the conference rooms.

The hotel is located in the middle of town, and we were able to walk to a few different places for food, like coffee/sandwiches, pizza, etc. Also, it's an easy drive to Yellow Springs, where we had an excellent time. Good food, good shopping.

Overall, I loved the place. Before I stayed here, I read another Tripadvisor review where someone described this place as "a step below a Fairfield Inn, and only slightly better than a Red Roof." That's way off the mark. I'd put this place much higher up the ladder, but with a "boutique-style" atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedarville
Hampton Inn Springfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Fairborn Wright Patterson AFB
Courtyard Springfield Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
SpringHill Suites Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Hearthstone Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!