“Very Friendly Staff”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Hopedale, Ohio
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I checked in late and the staff was very accommodating. The room was clean and breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. Your feedback will help us improve and provide Great service to our future guests.

Jim Snyder
Comfort Inn Canton Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My nephew was invited to the Blue Gray Football combine in Canton on June 22 and 23. Along on the trip were my sister, her daughter and of course, her son. There were three group rate hotels: Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, and the McKinley Grand Hotel. Comfort Inn was the only one with a free breakfast. Hey - when you've got a 6'2" 280 pound defensive tackle, you LOOK for free food. McKinely & Comfort Inn had the group rate of $99; Holiday Inn was $119.
I called and asked when the hotel had most recently been renovated. The clerk hesitated, then said "oh, about 3 months ago." Bingo.
My sister and kids said this was THE most AWESOME hotel they've ever stayed in. I'm at 90% of that opinion. I've stayed in a lot more hotels than they have, but this one is RIGHT up there. I am a Hilton Hotel Honors member - but this Comfort Inn may make me pause if I'm in the area again. My nephew and niece especially enjoyed the AWESOME free breakfast bar.
The renovation gives the hotel new life. The bed was second only in comfort to the bed I had in a Hampton Inn at Mason, Ohio about 3 years ago. Both awesome and offered a wonderful night sleep.
We didn't get to the hotel til late and the kids were afraid they would cancel the reservation. I'm not familiar with Comfort Inn and didn't know their policy. No worries! They held it for us until after 10:00.
A wonderful night stay (albeit short) and for the group rate of $99, worth every penny.

Room Tip: Take out food is nearby for the late-night eaters. About 4 miles from Football Hall of Fame.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steelergal78
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed overnight on a visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Most of the hotels in the area seemed unreasonably over-priced, considering what was on offer. However, the Comfort Inn was just the ticket.

My room was just at the back of reception but I had no disturbances. The reception staff were very welcoming.

I had the best night's sleep of my entire stay. The room was slightly under-furnished for its size (maybe a back-handed way of saying that the room was very, er roomy!)

The hotel has an elevated position off the main road and away from I-77 (next door to the La Quinta Inn), making it a quiet stay.

The breakfast was plentiful and regularly replenished.

All in all, a good night's stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Fort Mill, SC
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good location. Breakfast was good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed here several times in recent months. Very clean hotel-housekeeping staff seems to be on their toes. Comfortable rooms with nice, big desks. Having a refrigerator and a microwave in the room is a definite plus. The Fitness Center on the 3rd floor is not elaborate but very functional (and I haven't bumped in to too many people while I've been in there). I cannot complain about my experiences with the front desk staff: Friendly, very professional and well-versed in the etiquette of Customer Service. Enjoy the breakfast buffet- it may be (one of) the best reasons to stay here! Look forward to returning in the near future!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife,son and I stayed there last night on our way back after staying at a resort the night before. The room was to our liking with two beds and a tv. The picture quality of the tv could have been better. The beds were comfortable as we had a good nights rest. Checkout for us was at noon. The attendant that checked us in was very pleasant. She gave us a couple of maps of the area that were helpful. Our stay included a continental breakfast which included pastries,waffles,bacon,eggs,cereal,milk,oj,applejuice,bagels,yogurt,coffee. The orange juice tasted like water with a little bit of orange flavoring. I could not drink it all.
Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Warren
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great property if you do not need to use the internet. The room signal is strong but either the bandwidth or server are so slow that I could not keep a connection with my office. Would not stay here again unless they become business friendly with better internet speed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business