“Great Service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a week when all the hotels were almost sold out. When I arrived, my room wasn't ready which presented a problem because I needed to conduct a conf call with visuals so I needed to be both on the phone and my PC in a quiet location. The staff promptly set me up in a conference room as an alternative. I am not a long-time rewards points holder or anything that would have prompted them to give me better service. They just did it because they wanted to provide me a solution to the problem, and it worked. Now THAT's customer service.

The only reason I'm not giving an excellent rating is because my room was not ready for about an extra hour. But the front-desk staff was excellent and the room itself, while not luxury, was a good, quiet, clearn room with a comfortable bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad the staff was able to resolve your issue with the conference call and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for the nice comments on the staff. Hope to see you back.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton

Reviewed August 4, 2014

A decent motel-nothing special. Everything worked well and no problems. I think this and all motels in the region(Canton,OH) were grossly overpriced but a combination of the Hall of Fame and the oil boom have jacked things up. This was the lowest priced decent place in the area. I would stay here again but recommend staying away from Canton unless you have to stay there.

1  Thank A6908YZwilliamd

Thank you for taking time to submit a review on out hotel. Your comments on the rate is correct, it is based on the market at the time of your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and it fulfilled your needs. I hope you will plan to visit our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

While I am lucky enough that I normally get to stay in 4-star hotels for business travel, a recent trip had my family staying at La Quinta in Canton for the football hall of fame weekend. What a nice surprise! The service was great, from Charlie the 'breakfast host' who is SO friendly and takes such pride in what he does, to James at the front desk who made sure my boys had pool footballs (and the pool was sparkling clean--perhaps the cleanest I've ever seen). The room was updated (yet definitely small) and the only thing that needed a little extra TLC was the bathroom (slippery and outdated shower). A total surprise and great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jenntish
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you SO much for publishing your experience on TripAdisor. I am glad you were pleasantly surprised with your accommodations at our hotel. Attending the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction festivities are a lot of fun and I am glad you had the chance to be there. Thank you for your kind words on Charlie and James, they will be happy to hear them. Remember us if you every return to Canton.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here Tuesday night while visiting the NFL hall of fame. The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was good with a large variety of food. There was a baseball team staying so there was a bit of noise in the halls at night but the boys were well behaved. Very friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for you feedback, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your experience of great service and comfort is our goal and the staff is always happy to hear from our guest. Hope you can return to Canton.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

the stay at this LaQuinta in Canton, OH. was just what we needed to attend our niece's wedding. The hotel had everything a family would be looking for such as pool, continental breakfast and quiet rooms.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay while attending niece's wedding. Hope to see you back should you return to Canton.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Wonderful hotel, no problems what so ever!! We usually stay at Hampton Inn, but you were closer to our event, and we were certainly glad we chose your hotel chain. In SC we stay at Hampton because they have smoking rooms.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you choose our hotel to stay and found it to be a good choice. Hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was nothing special. Average and clean. We stayed in a suite which was actually quite nice and quite. The night manager was as nice as he could be, offering us a multi-room suite on the second floor, which was greatly appreciated, since it looked like it was going to be a loud night due to the number of beer drinkers sitting in front of the entrance

Room Tip: Get the suite on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to here that our hotel fit your needs.