“Impressive Service”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Tiffin, Ohio
“Impressive Service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Business trip arriving late and nice cheery welcome and then had some difficulty getting the TV working so telephoned reception and James came straight up and sorted out the cord. Smiles and help with directions to where I was going just made the overnight pleasant and a positive experience. Breakfast was also satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ExpertComptable
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback. I am happy to hear about your experience and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Sandy Bradley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The stay was in the top stays for the level of quality chain of hotels. I got more value staying at LQ than the timeshare resort that I stay at that week. Certainly higher quality internet which is vital on the road if remote internet is limited. The overall hotel was clean including the pool and all areas inside and outside of the hotel. Sandy, the manager was extremely accommodating and it appeared that all the guests were happy and enjoyed their stays too at the same hotel. The breakfast was well placed, fresh and offered more variety than usual. It is rare that I take the time to do this but this hotel deserves the high rating and great reviews. I am frequent traveler and used many hotel chains and resorts. This hotel stands out as one of the better hotels that I have stayed in the many years I have travelled. I do not know anyone personally at the hotel but I felt I do now after my stay

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for submitting such a kind review. I am proud that you, as an experienced traveler, had found us worth the occasion to give us your recommendations on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important and I am happy to hear how you enjoyed the accommodations and service. I love my profession and it is very important for me to have our guest experience a high level professionalism throughout our hotel. I hope to see you return to visit us in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked a suite for 3 people - me & my spouse & my mother, who is 85. One room had a king bed & the other a sofa bed. Upon arrival in our suite, the sofa bed had no top sheet, no blanket, & no pillows. I called the front desk & was told it would be a while, as he was the only person on duty. We eventually received the missing bedding. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable -- a thin mattress & rods that poked into our back. Obviously my mother couldn't sleep on it, so my wife & I slept on it. Or we tried to sleep, but couldn't due to the poor quality of the bed & the loud stomping from the room above us. We were also not able to dry our hair in our room the next morning, as the hair dryer did not work.
Very disappointing experience in a rather out-dated hotel. Certainly not worth what we had to pay for the suite.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I apologize your accommodations were not as you expected. I know I have a hard time sleeping on a sofa sleeper and if you had contacted me during your stay I would have done my best to make you comfortable during you stay with us.
General manager
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

No complaints with my stay here, and would stay again. Rooms were nice, clean, and bed was very comfortable. Great TV...was able to watch football game, and enjoyed the view. Also the free breakfast was a plus....when I travel I always look for places that offer free breakfast, as that is the start to a great day. Consider this place...you will be satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking time to submit you review and you recommendation of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and watching football (hope your team won). I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and we hope to see you back.
Cathedral City
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Loved this place. Very friendly staff. Room was clean. Pillows great. Large tv. Wonderful breakfast. Just a couple things. A little out of the way if you have no car. And taxi service in Canton sucks. If they suggest a cab company called Team Taxi, ask for another company. That cab company left me stranded.. Said they were coming then called me back and said they couldn't pick me up. I was in another town and waited 3 hours for another cab. Was only there from Wed. Night till Sat. Morning. Would definately stay there again, just will rent a car.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am pleased the staff provided you with friendly service and a clean room. I apologize for the taxi service in our area. Hope to see you back in future visits.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013

For a pet friendly hotel, the Canton OH LaQuinta is OK. However, take heed to the other Trip Advisor reviews. The room was extremely small -- we had to turn sideways to walk between the foot of the bed and the cabinet that held the TV. The bathroom was ridiculously small -- including limited counter top space for toiletries. Our dog was very interested in something he smelled on the bedding. I tried not to think too much about it. Our restless night included other guests returning to their rooms at 3:30AM yelling down the hallway. The interruption didn't last long, however, it was an unsettling way to be awakened.

There are a number of other hotels on this street that you might want to check out.

1 Thank Roz B
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the disturbance you encountered by our late night guest. We do our best to keep noise under control.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is run down and as usual with Laquinta they have way to much furniture in their rooms. Now I have stayed in a few Laquintas in Montana and washington and they were a good solid 3 star hotel but now as I come on the east coast I am realizing what you guys consider 3star us west coast people consider it 2star.
Slept in my clothes kept my bags zipped up oh and the mildewy smell is foul.

• Stayed September 2013
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
First of all let me apologize for your disappointment in the room we provided for you. I have never had anyone approach me with a dirty filthy room as long as I have been at this location. We have visitors from all parts of the country and I do not believe the standards in the eastern part of the country are any lower then the western. I am very disturb by your comments and would like to know what room you stayed in so I can assess the housekeeper (may be a new employee) and the supervisor assigned to check the room. I may also need to check the air conditioner if there was a mildew smell in your room since that once again is not normal for our rooms. I wish you would have spoken with me during your stay or called the front desk with your issue for we would have been glad to move you to another room. As you can see from other reviews we strive to provide clean comfortable rooms that all our guest find very accommodating and as it appears by your review we have fallen short in your case and I want to personally apologize to you. Please call me.