“I didn't really like this hotel.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Texas
“I didn't really like this hotel.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I saw the reviews before I booked this hotel. I was expecting more. This hotel needs an upgrade badly. Just because you stick a desk and other furniture into a tiny room does not make it a suite. With 4 people,luggage and all that furniture we could barely move. The people working the front desk were nice. The lobby smelled bad. Probably smoke but whatever the smell was, it was unappealing. Unlike others, I would not stay here again. Very expensive property for what it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I apologize our accomodations were not as you expected. Our suites are a combination of 2 standard rooms at a rate of $25-$35 more than a standard room, which most feel is an excellent deal. As for the smell in the lobby common area at the time of your stay, I can not explain, unless there were excessive smokers at the time, that is very unusual. I would have been glad to speak with you at the time of your stayed to help you with your accomodations. Please feel free to cantact me if you would like to explain the situration. I am sorry you will not be visiting us again.
Sandy Bradley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've stayed at this location multiple times. This La Quinta is clean and easy to get to. The staff at this location is very friendly and helpful. My only suggestion is add some bacon and sausage to your hot breakfast. Next time I'm in Canton I will stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank your for taking time to submit your review and your commpliment on the staff. I appreciate your breakfast suggestions, we do change some of our breakfast options through the week. Hope to see you again soon.
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friendly front desk at check in. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The A/C kept it cool. The breakfast was good. A bit crowded in the small area to get food. I had cereal, toast, a hard boiled egg, fruit, and yogurt. There was a free newspaper. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and compliments to our facility and staff, we appriciate your kind words. Hope you are able to return in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Friendly & helpful staff, clean room, & good cookies! I've been staying at this location for the last nine months. I have made friends with the staff. There has never been a single problem with anything at all. The price is right and the location is very convenient. This is why I keep coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, It is slways nice to hear from our returning guest. The staff tries their best to stay on top of things and it is nice to receive compliments such as yours. Hope you are able to return soon.
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived in town early for my husband's business, and were 'lucky' enough to get a 1st floor room at 1pm, however, it was an 'accessible' room. Since the bathroom was larger (also sparser) for wheelchair access, room itself was smaller & cramped. An accessible room should mean that a wheel chair could negotiate the entire room-this would not happen in this room- not enough room for w/c to roll between bottom of bed & tv/dresser. Also don't know if a w/c could turn around. I have stayed in accessible rooms before (Sheraton) and the room itself was HUGE w/ an extra large bathroom. This facility & perhaps the entire chain, just retrofitted a regular (or even smaller) room so that they can advertise the availability of such a room, but I don't think it really should be touted as such. I feel sorry for anyone w/ a disibility who reserves this room, it definitely was less than desirable.Temperature controls very finicky- either the room was stifling hot or freezing cold. We were registered for 2 nights, but checked out after 1 night because the internet was so slow that my husband couldn't do any work in the room. Hot & cold choices for breakfast,fairly large eating area. Staff pleasant. Frig & microwave in rm. No comfortable 'stuffed' chair-just a desk chair. Could not print from the computer in the 'business center'.We've stayed here before ( about a year ago), with a dog and had a much better experience at that time! Yes, it's dog friendly & there were dogs there,some quieter than others. I guess (just like w/ kids) some 'parents' discipline thier pets less than others do. Management should be able to enforce quiet (or evict noisy digs & their owners) if the owners will not do so in a timely manner. gals at the desk were nice enough, but not able to fix the computer issue, said the manager would be in the next day.Unfortunately, when we travel for business now, with or without a dog, we won't be staying at a LQ since fast internet is a necessity for the hubby! Indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking time to submit your review. I apologize you had a problem with our internet service at the time of your stay. I would have been glad to change the location of your room to try to amend the problem. As for the accessability of the ADA rooms, thank you for your awareness for those in a wheel chair, we currently have two guest in house with wheel chairs , they have extended their stays with us and have no problem getting around. We do have an additionsl chair in our standard rooms that we have removed from these rooms to create more space for a wheel chair. Once again thank you for you feedback.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in town for a baton competition and this hotel was in a great location - easy on and off the freeway, but far enough that you didn't get the traffic noise. Room was clean, however, both the sink and tub did not drain properly. You ended up taking a bath and a shower at the same time as the tub filled up very quickly. Our room was located right next to the ice/vending machines and it was very noisy at night. Room smelled like smoke, so be sure you request a non-smoking room when you make a reservation. On a good note, the staff was outstanding! Made our girls fresh-baked cookies upon request and gave us a deck of cards to play a game with them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to submit your review. Your comments are very much appreciated and I do apologize for the few issues that occurred at our hotel. Please always feel free to call the front desk to inform them of your issues, we are always glad to change your room locatiion to one more accomodating to your needs. We hope you will be back to visit us in the future.