“Great value & top notch staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value & top notch staff”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Friendly & helpful staff, clean room, & good cookies! I've been staying at this location for the last nine months. I have made friends with the staff. There has never been a single problem with anything at all. The price is right and the location is very convenient. This is why I keep coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, It is slways nice to hear from our returning guest. The staff tries their best to stay on top of things and it is nice to receive compliments such as yours. Hope you are able to return soon.
Sandy Bradley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived in town early for my husband's business, and were 'lucky' enough to get a 1st floor room at 1pm, however, it was an 'accessible' room. Since the bathroom was larger (also sparser) for wheelchair access, room itself was smaller & cramped. An accessible room should mean that a wheel chair could negotiate the entire room-this would not happen in this room- not enough room for w/c to roll between bottom of bed & tv/dresser. Also don't know if a w/c could turn around. I have stayed in accessible rooms before (Sheraton) and the room itself was HUGE w/ an extra large bathroom. This facility & perhaps the entire chain, just retrofitted a regular (or even smaller) room so that they can advertise the availability of such a room, but I don't think it really should be touted as such. I feel sorry for anyone w/ a disibility who reserves this room, it definitely was less than desirable.Temperature controls very finicky- either the room was stifling hot or freezing cold. We were registered for 2 nights, but checked out after 1 night because the internet was so slow that my husband couldn't do any work in the room. Hot & cold choices for breakfast,fairly large eating area. Staff pleasant. Frig & microwave in rm. No comfortable 'stuffed' chair-just a desk chair. Could not print from the computer in the 'business center'.We've stayed here before ( about a year ago), with a dog and had a much better experience at that time! Yes, it's dog friendly & there were dogs there,some quieter than others. I guess (just like w/ kids) some 'parents' discipline thier pets less than others do. Management should be able to enforce quiet (or evict noisy digs & their owners) if the owners will not do so in a timely manner. gals at the desk were nice enough, but not able to fix the computer issue, said the manager would be in the next day.Unfortunately, when we travel for business now, with or without a dog, we won't be staying at a LQ since fast internet is a necessity for the hubby! Indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking time to submit your review. I apologize you had a problem with our internet service at the time of your stay. I would have been glad to change the location of your room to try to amend the problem. As for the accessability of the ADA rooms, thank you for your awareness for those in a wheel chair, we currently have two guest in house with wheel chairs , they have extended their stays with us and have no problem getting around. We do have an additionsl chair in our standard rooms that we have removed from these rooms to create more space for a wheel chair. Once again thank you for you feedback.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in town for a baton competition and this hotel was in a great location - easy on and off the freeway, but far enough that you didn't get the traffic noise. Room was clean, however, both the sink and tub did not drain properly. You ended up taking a bath and a shower at the same time as the tub filled up very quickly. Our room was located right next to the ice/vending machines and it was very noisy at night. Room smelled like smoke, so be sure you request a non-smoking room when you make a reservation. On a good note, the staff was outstanding! Made our girls fresh-baked cookies upon request and gave us a deck of cards to play a game with them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to submit your review. Your comments are very much appreciated and I do apologize for the few issues that occurred at our hotel. Please always feel free to call the front desk to inform them of your issues, we are always glad to change your room locatiion to one more accomodating to your needs. We hope you will be back to visit us in the future.
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites in the past. Stays have always been great. Not so much this time. My stay was one night in the middle of the week. At check-in I was given a room on the 1st floor. I immediately ask for a higher floor. Hotel was full. At entering the room I was killed by the smell. Later learning that the 1st floor was for guests with pets. Very disappointed that I was not told at check-in about the pets.

Room Tip: I have leaved that the 1st floors of La Quinta Inn and Suites are for guests with pets and the top f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to post your review, I value all of our guest and their comments. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to our standards. I always advise our front desk staff to place a guest in a room that is requested and our guest find comfortable. It looks as though they fell short of my request as well as yours. I would love to talk to you concerning your issues and assure your next request will be honored as I hope for your return to our hotel.
Solon, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013

LaQuinta North Canton Ohio was an outstanding location for our bridal party and out of town guests. It provided a clean, convenient location at a budget friendly price. The hotel staff is a great asset to this property.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am please to here your experience at our hotel was great. I do have a wonderful staff and I am always thankful to hear compliments from our guest. Hope to see you back!
Malvern, Arkansas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here on June 16, 2013 on our way to Cedar Point. My husband and son went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame while my daughter's and I used the swimming pool and drove to see Candy Apples Dance Center, both of which were very close to this hotel. I booked a suite and at check in was given a cheaper rate than I had booked (can't recall the man's name checking me in but he was very nice and helpful throughout our stay). The suite was HUGE and SPOTLESS! We had 2 bathrooms, which for a family of 5 trying to get ready in the morning was amazing! Beds were super comfy and the decor was modern. My daughter's and I were thrilled to run into numerous cast members from the franchise Dance Moms! We even had breakfast with some of them (nice choices for breakfast too). Also, we love to eat at Fazolli's since there aren't any near where we live and were pleased to find one near by!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We loved having the Dance Moms stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking time to send your review.