WINNER WONDERLAND

“Very friendly, helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Canton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My company booked a room here for me while I was in Canton on business.

Check in was great, I believe Amanda checked us in, she was very welcoming and excellent to deal with.

I will start out with the negative aspects of the stay, then on to the positive.

I had called a couple days before, hoping to get a king bed, however we had a double bed room, 2 doubles, which would have been ok if we needed them, however we did not. Due to the size of the room, with the double beds, the layout is very crowded. I guess it would be better with only one person, however with two it was far to crowded to get around the room. The location of the wardrobe is weird, next to the desk, you cannot really open both doors and get into the wardrobe, the practicality of the layout should probably be thought out before just filling a room with furnishings.

The layout of the bathroom is practical, however due to the size, it is also not practical. The commode is mere inches from the tub, wedged in between the sink counter and the tub. While the sink and counter are very nice, the bathroom would be more practical if it was another 5 inches or so wider.

For some reason we did not get our maid service the first full day of our stay, after asking at the front desk about this, it was addressed the second day. However it was only partial, the soaps were not replenished, nor were the coffee cups. Little things like this do make a difference.

Finally, for some reason when you ride the elevators, there is a heavy diesel exhaust smell in the cars. I don't know if this is from the outside makeup air picking up diesel or what, but it is not a good thing.

Now on to the really good.

The guest staff, they are very nice and customer service oriented. It is nice to be greated by a friendly staff member every time you go through the lobby. The breakfast is a decent spread, quite a few choices, and being welcomed in the early morning by the host is a great touch.

The hotel is nicely located, in a peaceful setting, not much outside noise to bother you.

The pool looked nice, but I did not have time to use it. The vending machines are placed in good locations. The business center was great, it made it easy to log into my airline account to print out boarding passes for the flight home.

The hotel is well kept, nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable. The linens are great, the pillows are nice also. The mini fridge is a good touch, as is the mini microwave. The television is anything but mini, my only complaint was that they have hbo, not showtime.

Would I stay here again, most definately would.

I would like to commend the management on a very good staff, and a nice place to stay.

Probably the only major uncomfortable part of the trip was that it was rather cold outside, maybe some complimentery car de-icing would be a good touch. (just kidding, or am I?)

Room Tip: top floor of the hotel and no one can walk above you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for a night after reading all the great reviews. I however cannot say that is a place I would recommend or stay at again. The pillows were terrible....like someone stuffed cotton balls in a sack. The shower didnt drain which left us basically standing in inches of water while trying to get clean. So gross! Finally, we felt like we were inconveniencing the front desk by asking for change for the vending machine. I'm sure there are better places out there for the same price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I needed a place to stay in the Canton area for several weeks. After an extensive review of hotels in the area and even trying a few out, I found La Quinta to be a great place to stay! The hotel staff members were consistently friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and modern and quiet. They offer a quality breakfast. Do consider this hotel if coming to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Girard, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I waited too long to book our room for the Ohio State Football Games, so we couldn't get a room at our usual location (Holiday Inn), so we found La Quinta. The hotel is on the east side of the interstate, so it's away from the hustle and bustle of the Belden Village area, but certainly close enough to go to shop, eat or be entertained.

The hotel staff was really nice and check in was great. Our room wasn't huge, but there was enough space to get around. The room had a desk and chair, armchair, bed, armoire, two nightstands and a dresser/refrigerator/microwave holder. Everything looked new and was nice. The bathroom was smallish and the corner sink was high with a small spigot, so it was a little strange. The worst part of the room was the bathtub. It was U shaped, so when showering, we felt like our ankles were at a funny angle.

The hotel offered breakfast in the morning, but the area for service wasn't very large and they were busy, so we skipped it.

I would stay here again, just because it was so clean and the staff was so nice. The things I didn't like were minor and I can live with it for one or two nights, if I had to.

Room Tip: Away from the Belden Village area and on top of a hill. Although close to the interstate, it is ver...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The La Quinta in Canton was a overall pleasant experience for us. Check in, even with a line of people waiting, was extremely fast, and the check in staff was pleasant. I had a requested room location and was accomodated well. The room was of medium size, clean, and everything worked well. The room decoration was pleasant. The flat screen TV was the largest I had ever seen in a motel of this grade, and was situated on an piece of furniture that also contained the microwave and refrigerator. The TV stand was high enough so you can rest comfortably on the bed and watch TV. The bed was very comfortable, and there were many pillows in good condition. There was a comfortable chair in the room and an armoire for clothes. The heat worked well, and wasn't too loud. Hall noise could be a problem, if you are bothered by this, stay on an upper floor. The breakfast selections were adequate for us, and seemed to be opened earlier than scheduled. We will return to this motel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are certainly quieter. Desk and lobby are in a direct line with first floor rooms and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was going to stay at a different hotel when I was asked unexpectedly if a family member could stay with us for one night. I called La Quinta to see if any rooms were available to accomadate the extra child. They said they could not so we made plans for the child to stay at a close by family members home instead and take the available room at LaQuinta. When I arrived at the front desk the woman kept insisting that I had to have a second room even after I tried to explain that we no longer were having the extra guest as per our previous phone conversation. When I finally convinced her that we were only four, she was rude and made it quite clear by her jestures that she didnt believe us and proceeded to book our room like it was painful for her to do so. Her attitude was condescending and patronizing. I regret even having walked in there, especially after a ten hour car trip. I went to the hotel I originally intended instead and they were very nice and accomadating as always. I realize that one person does not make an entire hotel a bad one but I will never ever set foot in that place again.

Stayed November 2012