McKinley Grand Hotel
Red Roof Inn - Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
$52
$43
$72
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
$79
La Quinta
$84
$93
$94
Hyatt.com
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn Hall of Fame(Canton)(Great Value!)
$74
Home2.com
$107
$103
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsbreakfast couponsan older hotelclassic car museumbed was comfortablerooms are largeohio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I just needed a place to sleep for one night on the way home from vacation and this was the hotel we won on Priceline. It might just be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The hotel is in a pretty sketchy area - it's close to the highway but you drive past a lot of burned out and abandoned buildings on the way. The lobby looks very nice but the rooms have obviously seen better days. The beds were old, saggy and uncomfortable and the furniture was in rough shape. The hotel must be very close to train tracks as there was constant noise all night (train whistles going off every 5 minutes). When we woke at 6am, there was absolutely no hot water to take a shower and the ice machine was completely out of ice. I can deal with old and dented furniture but a hotel having no hot water? At 6am? Not acceptable. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Don't know what all the negative reviews are about. We spent 5 nights at the McKinley Grand for a Naval Reunion. The hotel is clean, charming and the staff is awesome. Particular mention must go to "Matt", who was so jolly and had a wonderful sense of humor. The entire staff made you feel incredibly welcome and were so accommodating about the area, restaurants, etc.
Our room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. Although they do charge for parking, garage is attached to hotel by a walkway.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 715 and it was great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joyce1948
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for convenience because we wanted to visit the NFL Hall of Fame and some other local attractions. The front desk staff was very nice and very helpful. We loved the historic atmosphere and this COULD be a beautiful hotel but it is really sad that the management does not maintain it.

The room was big but that is the only good thing that I can say about it. The walls are paper thin and you can hear every sound (water running in the next room, doors slamming, garbage trucks on the street below). Our room was on the street side and the train going by in the middle of the night was very loud.

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days and for 3 days the icemaker on our floor was not working. There was a face plate on the wall where the TV plugs into that was falling off. There is no refrigerator or microwave. The TV is very old and the remote was not working correctly. There is air conditioning but it is a bit loud and the thermostat was not working right. No matter where we set it, the room was either too cold or too warm.

We were given breakfast tickets but when we went to the dining room in the morning we discovered that the tickets are only good for cereals and fruit. If we wanted eggs, bacon or sausage that was a $2.00 addition or we could order off the menu that was provided.

When we went down to eat dinner we were told that the dining room was not going to open because there were not enough employees to work in the dining room and that we had to order from a limited menu in the bar.

The food was not bad but it was overpriced and it would have been nice to have side dishes included with our meals. There is a lot of beautiful old furniture in the hotel but the chairs that we sat in were torn and tattered. The wood on the bar was extremely worn and scuffed.

All in all, our stay at this hotel was disappointing. It is overpriced and of poor quality.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We wre traveling back from SC and had a flat tire on rt 77 after exiting we called on star ,being a Sunday evening , they made arrangements to have my car towed to a dealership , made arrangements for us to stay at the McKinley Grand Hotel, reserved a rental car for the next day aand sent a cab to take us to the hotel, Oh yes when the car was finished they towed it to my home. After a upsetting evening I was mot sure about what they hotel would be like. it was grand.everyone was accomadating and smiling. Room and breakfast the next morning far exceeded my ideas. The area is in downtown Canton across from the First Ladies museum . Sorry we did not have time to visit but we will be back.soon.
I understand this is the hotel the inductees for the hall of frame stay at. Beautiful wood work .great decor and excellent rooms and service
Reena Kanner

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I needed a place to stay when my mother was in Aultman Hospital and as I live about an hour away, driving back and forth didn't make much sense. The McKinley Grand is located about five to eight minutes away (depending on the time of day) from the hospital, has an attached parking garage with a skyway so there is no crossing the busy streets with all your luggage and the rooms were very nice and the housekeeping staff was really amazing at bringing everything back to like-new status while I was out. It's a basic hotel but it was nice and quiet in my room, even with a wedding reception going on the weekend I stayed there.

Room Tip: As mentioned in a previous review, the hallways are very long and my room happened to be all the way at the end, furthest from the elevator, but I think it meant that I had a decent sleep with no interruptions from other guests so I didn't mind much. The heat was off when I came in but the thermostat kept things comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family