“Great Hotel, Staff, and Bar”

McKinley Grand Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I recently stayed four nights at this Hotel. Staff was very professional, helpful, and very courteous. Rooms were clean, matress had fresh sheets, and even had a matress protector. The bar downstairs was awesome. Great people all around. This place was a great value. Walking distance to restaurants and bars in town. I would definitely recomend this place to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank mrjaimes

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have never been to the Pro Football Hall of Fame or Canton, OH. Used the Pro Football Hall of Fame website to find this hotel, was one of their preferred hotels.

Pros: Keep in mind this is an older hotel and has "older" looking decor, but it was clean and well maintained. The hotel was reasonable price, got the Pro Football Hall of Fame Package which included 1 night stay at the hotel, 2 tickets to the Hall of Fame (coupon book) and buffet breakfast for 2. Our room was spacious, had a comfy King size bed, and linens were all new and the quality was good. Also there is a parking garage right across the street. Restaurant, swimming pool and spa on site.

Cons: If you want shops and activities surrounding the hotel; this would not be the place to stay. Most of the restaurants, shops are 2-4 exits away. .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The lobby is nice, but the rooms are outdated TV's are real old, the headboards are loose there is a dip in the floor, you can feel the springs on the bed.
The bathtub was full of water and hairs on the sink and floor.
Treated rudely at check in!
No parking $8.00 a day to park safely.
Paid $57.00 on priceline and feel I overpaid!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank eric h
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Sometimes businesses really do get it right when they name a hotel. Such is the case with the McKinley Grand Hotel in downtown Canton Oh. Named after President William McKinely, the hotel is decked out with a presidental theme, and across the street is the official "First Ladys Museum. Downtown stairs is a classic car museum. The hotel lobby is huge and reminds you of hotels of the 50's, spacious, dark wood, just beautiful ! Also on the first floor is a spacious conference center adjacent to a bar and large lounge area for spill over from various conventions. Further down the hall is their restaurant, great breakfast bar. Rooms are clean and offer a nice view of the city. Parking is connected across the street with an enclosed 2nd story walkway to the hotel. If you're going to Canton for the NFL Hall of Fame or anything, skip the usual hotels and book the McKinley...it's "Grand!"

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank John S
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Turn of last century charm, nice rooms, Pool, Spa. Staff could not have been nicer. It is in a business section of town so there are not a lot of people around at night. Nevertheless, if you have a car you should be fine.

While the room was spacious, the bathroom was very cramped. Shower had lots of pressure, but make sure you shower in the morning. The hot water seems to be less hot at night. Maybe that is when they wash the sheets and such.

The only real dampener about my stay was my very common type of phone charger disappeared from the desk draw in my room while I was out. I had three different kinds of cables in the draw and the only one that went missing was the phone charger cable. It is very unexplainable and does not make a lot of sense. However, I was on the 2nd to last stop of a 3-month trip and I know I had it the first night I was there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Highlander64
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed at this property the night before an early flight out of Akron/Canton airport. We had a very rough 2 hr. trip in druing an ice/snow storm. After checking into our room, we headed to the bar to calm our nerves. The bartender was wonderful. There were only 2 other people present, both businessmen, and we all got first class treatment. We also ate at the bar and the food was hot and tasty. The room we had was large and clean. My only complaint is we were next to the elevator and could hear it on each trip up and down. We always travel with earplugs though, and that took care of the problem. We got a great price on this room through Priceline ($45) and would highly recommend it especially at this price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank herekittyOhio
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I booked this hotel with a discount service. I am from this area so I was excited to stay.I loved the grand entrance and theme of the times. It is an older hotel with some dated issues,however it works with the time period it portrays. The entire staff was more than friendly.The cleanliness was unbelievable! There was an affordable restaurant with decent,not gourmet food,and a fun cozy bar area. The pool area and the whirlpool area along with the fitness area are nice. I especially liked it being located in an area away from lobby area assessable with your room key.My room had the towels made up into cute decorations and the bed was more than inviting.It had everything important to me comfortable bed,coffee maker,cleanliness. My only disappointment was I was told their parking was for full paying guests only, discounted rooms had to use parking on the sides of the hotel or the pay garage kity corner across the street,neither I appreciated arriving with our first snow alone as a woman,and in the dark.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple