“They can never get our pizza order correct”
Review of Angello's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2010

4 out of 5 times we went there, they made mistakes on our pizza. I ordered thin crust twice and they gave me thick crust. I ordered alfredo sauce once and they gave me pesto. We ordered "bacon" on two pizzas, and both pizzas came out with Canadian bacon (I hate ham). We never used the word "Canadian," and the waiter never said "Canadian," either, so I have no idea in the world why they didn't put regular bacon on the pizzas (regular bacon is on the menu). I called them to comment about it. They said they'd call back and didn't. I then wrote them a letter letting them know their multitude of mistakes and they didn't even have the courtesy to respond. We love their wide variety of pizza toppings (love the premium toppings like eggplant and carmelized onions), but if they can't get the crust, sauce, or toppings correct, why should we go back?

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Having heard about Angello's for quite some time, I was eager to try it when a group of friends suggested we go there recently. Do not believe the hype. This is an expensive place for Canton and so not worth the price. My pasta was soggy with a big pool of water in the bowl. The watery sauce was tasteless; the meatballs were cold and salty.
I sent this meal back twice. Meanwhile I ate the weird tasting cucumber filled salad and had bread with dipping sauce. The bread was good. The sauce was very salty and vinegary. After tasting it, no one else ate any. One of my friends was gagging on the sauce. I also tasted my friends entrees--honey grilled chicken (sickeningly sweet), bruschetta chicken (as Gordon Ramsay would say, it looked like dog food) and linguini--as bad as the pasta. I finally ordered veggie lasagna--salty and not as good as Stouffer's frozen!

What really shocked me was Angello's never offered to comp the meal or say (after the second mistake) "order whatever you want on the house" as a classy place would. I also must comment on the decor. The floors were disgusting--dried paint was spilled everywhere and they needing a good refinishing. The rooms are small and the furniture is huge. For some unknown reason, junky looking old cameras are strewn around. Are they supposed to be decorations? Weird.

I am not a fussy eater and will eat just about anything. Angello's is on my list never to return to and to certainly warn others against going. Even if the food were less expensive, it would not be worth the price. Save your money and eat elsewhere.

If you want good Italian in this area, go to Papa Bear's or Luigi's in Akron.

1  Thank Pennfield
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I got the eggplant parmesan and i thought it was great and I have been to every Italian restaurant in this town ( there are a lot ). My husband and I both agreed that the bread and oil were better then any other that we have had locally. The salad too was up to snuff. We would go back in a heart beat and that says a lot.... My husband is a picky eater and I come from an Italian family.

Reviewed April 10, 2009

We have been wanting to go to Angellos for quite some time.We will not go back. Overpriced pasta,over priced pizza and we had to listen to the cashier talk about her surgery,from 10 ft away, while trying to eat. The only saving grace,very good service from a very friendly waitress.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 1, 2008

The best Italian food ever!!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook