“A Must Eat!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We found this gem a year ago and we have eaten there almost every Saturday since. Lunch specials are 7.95 M-Sat from 11:30-2pm and you can't beat all that you get. I even went to one of their sushi classes and it was a blast! This place rocks!

2  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Excellent sushi! Very fresh, great value, reasonable prices! Innovative rolls and salads, beautiful presentation. We are repeat customers many times over! The best kept secret in North Canton.

1  Thank wildtiger81
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The sushi is always great and half off Mondays make it even better. The place is quiet on the sushi bar side. The staff has really attentive every time I've gone.

1  Thank Patiencep7299
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Most Monday's during their half-off sushi night, it's difficult to get a table right away. There is usually a lot of people there and the wait for a table is around 20 minutes. However, this time my fiancee and I decided we didn't want to wait for a table so we sat at the sushi bar and were seated right away.

One of the perks of sitting at the sushi bar is the chef's making guests something on the house. We received some type of crab salad with tempura sweet potatoes which was nice because I had never had it before.

We always order a seaweed salad at sushi bars and I prefer A1's salad above other places because they actually give you a decent sized portion- even enough to share. We ordered a sweet potato roll, white tuna, alaska, and a few others and were happy with all of them. I've never been disappointed with the service or food here, which is why it is the only place in Canton I'll go for sushi.

The only off thing about our visit this time was our waiter ... or waiters. We had one server come up and give us our menus and take our drink order, then a second one came up to take our order for food. However the first one came back as well and they were both taking our orders and didn't realize they both were. I don't know if the second waiter was trying to get more tables or not, because he then saw our first waiter taking care of us and still tried to piggyback onto our table. Either way, they were both nice and were attentive to us during a busy service.

2  Thank runner2219
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This one of the best restaurants to go to if you are in Canton. The service here is always great (I have been here at least 10 times). It is a great place to go for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. I always get the salmon hibachi dinner. I believe it is $18 but so worth the money. The food is delicious and you get a huge portion including salad, soup, rice, noodle, and veggies. Mondays are half-off sushi nights so that is a great time to go for a cheap and yummy appetizer. You can also order carry-out so when order that when I am craving sushi but just want to stay in. The rainbow roll and the signature roll are my favorite specialty rolls and you can't go wrong with a regular spicy roll.

1  Thank Katie S

Been to A1 Japan Steakhouse? Share your experiences!