“Local Hangout and Hidden Gem”

Johns Bar and Grille
Ranked #24 of 338 Restaurants in Canton
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Johns Bar and Grill is a local hangout that was recommended to me by a friend of mine that used to live in Canton OH. If it had not been recommended, my father and I might have never found it.

My father and I drove there and the restaurant is in a small urban older section of Canton OH. At first apprehensive, but as soon as we walked in the door, we recognized the place was an old fashion neighborhood hangout much like the fictional Cheers. Immediately the staff made my father and I feel right at home and treated us just like we were locals, even joking with us a couple of times.

Both my father and I very impressed with the mixed drinks. My dad even commented to both the waiter and bartender that the Manhattan was the best he had ever had.

The food is very good and the service is excellent. My dad and I ate there twice on our trip and had a great time both visits!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

John's is the place that's consistently good. The steaks are always just right and the Super John's Burger is the best. Service is prompt, but not rushed and the Old Fashions are great.
We visit at least twice a month and would be here more often if it was closer to home.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place has been around for over fifty years, and continues to deliver good food, good drinks and good service. The well-stocked bar is separated by a wall from the main restaurant, and is suitable for family dining. Prices are also compatible with a family budget. The fare is standard the steaks-chops-seafood, with a Greek flair. One of our favorites is the broiled scrod. The Greek salad is also a fine choice. I'm not a red-meat eater, but am told they do it well here.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have gone to this restaurant on several occasions bc of friends choosing it bc they like french onion soup and a large variety. Only twice was it ever good. Breakfast once was good. Chicken once was like a reformed chicken patty that didnt feel right biting into. After the waitress finally came back 20 min later and my mother was totally finished eating I was able to tell her my chicken was not edible. I replaced it w a cheeseburger thinking I couldn't go wrong. No it was like a burger fr my high school cafeteria. Did have a good tuna melt once. Totally overrated!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent homemade cheesecakes. BEST french onion soup. Best place when visiting football hall of fame.