“top-notch luxury”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canton
The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard
Sidney, Ohio
“top-notch luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were going to the Classic Car Museum in Canton, Ohio, & wanted a nice, clean place with an in-room fireplace to stay overnight the night before. After reading all the great reviews, we booked a king suite for March 14-15. The room was beautiful & the bed ultimate comfort, the in-room fireplace, all-tile bathroom with heated towel rack & robes/slippers, authentic Italian décor, & the morning delivery of our wooden wine box filled with homemade breakfast sandwiches, pastries, granola bars, & grapes were all worth staying there & waking up to! They set the boxes in the shared lobby without bothering you, & you can help yourself to drinks & yogurt in their lobby 'fridge. With all the villas & Bistro located around a small lake,we had a short walk to the Bistro on a lighted pathway. We had made reservations a month prior, which is advised, & the food/service was excellent! After breakfast & checking out, we drove around the vineyard, then to the gift shop & Crush House. We had booked the noon tour there to see where/how they make their wines, which was quite interesting. Here, it's casual dining/sandwiches, but the décor is absolutely beautiful, especially the restrooms with wine bottle-shaped sinks, lighted vanities, dim red pendant lighting, & tiled floors/walls! Their sandwiches are homemade on Italian bread/flatbread. The perch flatbread sandwich I had was to die for, & the staff extremely friendly & accommodating! They even gave us a free order of their house homemade chex mix because I said it was so awesome there! The lady giving us the wine-making tour was very nice & informative on the history of Gervasi, which we also really enjoyed! Our whole experience was truly wonderful from start to finish, which was worth every penny. We definitely said we will go back in the fall when we will stay 2 days so we can truly see/experience the beauty of the lake, trees, vineyard, flowers, and walk the many paths! To top off an already memorable experience, we headed to The Classic Car Museum next, which was also very enjoyable, & to our surprise, with much more memorabilia than just classic cars, which brought back so many fond memories! Thank you Canton, Ohio for a most enjoyable & memorable trip, which made my 60th birthday one of the best ever!

with reservations made prior, which was outstanding food/service.

Room Tip: We will get a villa closer to the lake next time when it is warmer weather. The lighted thermostat...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear 1954Gail,
First of all, Happy Birthday! And secondly, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We take our guests feedback very seriously, both good and bad for there is always something we can be doing better! I will enjoy sharing your comments with the team here at Gervasi. We are so glad your visit to us and Canton made for such a memorable experience! We would be honored to take care of you again in the future. Thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

On a warm weekend (finally) in March, we spent a night at Gervasi. It was beautiful: spacious
rooms, lovely decor, working fireplace, view of the little lake. We walked the footpath, across a
little bridge over the lake, to the Bistro restaurant. So picturesque. The food and wine were both very good. The next morning we received our little box of warm breakfast savories and sweets in the villa's shared lobby. The lobby was outfitted with couches, chairs, tables, fireplace, & patio.
Available in the lobby's refrigerator was complementary bottled water, juice, tea, yogurt, and more. What a superb property!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear MB M,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking some time to share your experience. We hope we can be of service to you again soon! Thank you very much!
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We were blown away by how stupendous everything was at Gervasi - all the little details from gorgeous decor, amazing food, Napa-quality wines, cleanliness and great restaurants - within reach of Canton!

The grounds are beautiful; both the Bistro and the Crush House are true destination restaurants.

There are six residential buildings; in each, four villas share a common room, with fireplace, sofa, tables and complimentary drinks and small kitchen. Your breakfast is delivered in a pretty wine box; inside were two (one bacon/egg and one vegan) breakfast sandwiches in Cornish pastry; grapes; and a delicious apple and cream cheese sweet.

It was glorious to just walk around the property, checking out the old barn, gift shop and pavilion, even though it was snowy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Piqua41,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review of your stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our restaurants. Our team will enjoy reading your comments so much! Thank you and I hope we may be of service to you again the near future. Thank you!
Niles, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The four of us stayed in one room in the Firenzo. We stayed two nights and both nights were simply amazing. We ate at both restaurants, The Crush House was Fantastic. Very reasonable and delicious. The Bistro was more expensive but mouth watering food. The atmosphere was simple breath taking. The grounds are beautiful with white swans on the frozen lake. We would recommend this to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear teach2621,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also took some to time to share your thoughts! That means a lot to our staff who work very hard to provide an excellent experience to all of our guests. I will share your comments with our entire team today! Thank you and I hope you will be back to visit soon. Thank you very much!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Four of us stayed here for one night and we had a wonderful time. They put us in Villa Sorrento.

Check in was smooth and took about a minute. We had stopped at the Bistro before heading back for check in so we could taste and buy some wine. This is where we found out that they would also deliver wine to the room at no extra charge. The staff at the Bistro called back and told the front desk we had arrived, so everything was ready when we arrived at the front desk.

The room was gorgeous and spacious enough for 4 women with plenty of luggage. They knew 4 of us were in the room so they put 4 robes and 4 sets of slippers in the room. That was a very nice touch, as most hotels only put two of anything in the room. When they say the rooms look like a Tuscan villa, they're not kidding. The atmosphere was decorated in earth tones, a working fireplace and what looked like antique fixtures. It was very warm and inviting. The beds were queen sized and very comfortable, with more expensive linens and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was huge with a large walk-in shower, a vanity with a lot of counter space and a toilet that has its own door. The usual amenities are in the bathroom - shampoo, conditioner, lotion - but they also included a black towel to wipe off makeup, a make up mirror and a heated towel rack.

Our closet had a dorm fridge, iron and ironing board. There was a small desk and chair, as well as a lounge chair in one corner. The only bad thing we can say about the decor is that the full-length mirror is not flattering at all.

There's a community room in the middle of the villa that all four rooms share. It has a nice living room seating area, large dining table, working fireplace and an area with a larger fridge, silverware, glasses, corkscrew, etc. They stocked the fridge with sodas, water, juices and said to call if we needed more. The living room area looks out over french doors to the pond and has a little patio area that would be perfect in nice weather.

They provide a continental breakfast in the morning that was delivered at the time of our choice. They don't knock on your door to let you know it's there but rather place it out in the living room area with a note saying which room it belongs to. It was much more than we expected from a continental breakfast, so we were pleased.

We had dinner in the Bistro and had a great time. Dinner was served fast and was good. My pasta was a little too al dente for my liking but it tasted good otherwise. They also built a bar area back by the villas, which was nice for a night cap. There are cleared pathways to walk from the villas to the Bistro, so we didn't have to worry about walking in snow.

We didn't use wifi or turn the TV on, so I can't comment on those things.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear beach bum in ohio,
Thank you so much for taking some time to write your review! We appreciate your detailed review and hope you come and visit us again in the future! Thank you so much!
Jeff Hicks
Fairborn, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

So now that I have time to write this (from an uncomfortable bed...sad day)

The Gervasi Vineyard in Canton, OH is amazing. The first time I went two years ago with Lindz early in our relationship we were both under 21 so we could only try out the food, also on a bit of a limited budget. This time around we were able to take in the full experience. Villa, Crush House, Bistro, ect. it was worth every penny. This was probably going to be our last big trip before the Air Force ships me from Wright-Patt AFB in southern Ohio to Guam here in the next few months. I figured this would be a great way to spend one of my last few weekends with my girlfriend before I leave, and I was right. Being in the military, I have attention to detail, but I'll tell you this, I was blown away by their attention to detail, that should tell you something!

Once inside we got to the main villa to check in. First off the main villa (Villa Grande) is beautiful. Inside there is a chandelier made out of their wine bottles, a few other local decor items and a great Tuscan feel. Also this is the first place I have ever checked in that we sat down at a desk with someone while they went over the reservation details, asked us if we wanted anything, what could better our stay, ect. That kind of, we're here for you, whatever you need, just WOW.

Once we got to our rooms. WOW. Every penny I spent was totally worth it. The queen beds and pillows are darn near the most comfortable things you will ever sleep on. Right now my current bed is...disappointing. The bathroom is a dream. Tile floor, stone sink, tile shower with a rainfall showerhead and tool, premium soaps (best shampoo ever), and hidden commode. Oh and I'm surprised I forgot. HEATED TOWEL RACKS. You have no clue what you're missing. This is probably one of the greatest inventions ever made for a bathroom. Seriously this is a must have. My towels all felt as if I pulled them out of a dryer but were nice and soft, cozy, and dried you off in one swipe. The same warmth was brought to our bath robes after we had put them on the rack as well.

The fireplace was a nice little gas one that put out a good bit of heat on the room. Whatever the geothermal heated floor did not warm, the fireplace did. On the subject I don't think heated floor gets warm as in toasty. The most it heated was enough to walk barefoot in the middle of the night with no issues, just warm enough to not be cold. I wished it was a nice warm floor, but hey, beggers can't be choosers. Being geothermal I bet during the summer it's a bit warmer, and combined with A/C running in the villa, is actually better suited for that then. The small desk was very nice, ontop of it was a leather bound book with villa details, dining options, and add ins. Lindz. wanted to do the Mani/Pedi they offered, however those had to be reserved in advance. I wish the vineyard would let guests know add ins needed to be scheduled. The book lists these great features, we probably would have done them, but having to schedule and workaround it, little inconvenience. They could have scheduled it the next day but with check out at 11 and breakfast, etc. but it would have been better to have it pre bistro dinner, ect. Minor inconvenience, but not terrible in any way.

Anyways bistro time. First off, getting ready. The shower. WOW. Set the towel rack on, let it warm up a bit while you listen to music that plays off of their own TV channel. Yes they have their own TV channel, it's set there when you enter the room your first night. They play the same few songs to an info slideshow, but it totally sets the proper mood for the villa. Nice old Frank Sinatra songs, a few Italian songs (Bella Caio, etc.). Anyways, towels toasty, check, premium soaps and shampoos I've never heard of, check, shower turned on, check. Time to enjoy. The shower being a rainshower head, that's awesome. Nice brass colors, tile floor, very big (practically meant for two people), and just looks great. There was a small window about six or more feet off of the ground letting natural light into the shower and bathroom.. The window was insulated too, so it didn't let the cold in just a nice light. The shampoo was the best shampoo I've ever used in my life. My hair is still so smooth from it. Next the soap, very good. I really have to say I've never felt that clean in my life. The only two very minor inconveniences for the shower were: There's no shower door so if you're not under the showerhead you can get a bit nippy, it holds no heat, and the towel rack is next to the door of the bathroom, not by the shower so you walk across the bathroom to get a towel, now the floor gets wet. Again, totally minor inconveniences that do not distract from the experience really whatsoever. The sink is stone and looks so...old and like it's been there forever. On the sink is a coffee maker and a makeup light magnifier thing. On the one side of the wall there is also your commode. It's hidden in it's own room. Even this looks nice. The frosted glass holds the vineyards logo, and the classic amazing Tuscan style walls. So after cleaning up, I was ready, and relax for a bit. Lindzey took longer, she was doing her makeup in one of those lighted mirror magnifier things. I went around and took pictures of the grounds, villa lobby, ect. Once I got back, she was about finished and we had dinner.

On the grounds was also a greenhouse full of fresh plants & flowers, all of this done on site, very incredible.

The bistro is amazing. It is Gervasi's premium food and wine eatery. Our service was excellent, probably the most memorable experience from that night. Our server, Brad was incredible, he went through the wine and recommendations, food choices, ect. The smell was incredible. from the parking lot, it got better as we got to the door. Once inside we were seated, which actually was where we sat for the first time two years ago, very sentimental. One small note while thinking, the menus are presented on these huge copper boards with their logo, how cool! Anyways we started with a wine flight trying three wines. The same three ended up being what we had for dinner.

This was our Dinner--

Appetizers for both of us:
House made garlic bread made on site from baguettes
Salad: Spinach, goat cheese, almonds, clementines, and a cherry vinaigrette
Crab Roll: Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, Cream Cheese, Scallion Aioli, Red Pepper Jam

Dinner:
Lobster Formaggio--House Made Gemelli Topped with Basil Bread Crumbs
House Made Ravioli--Stuffed with Tuscan Kale and Ricotta, Garlic Cream Sauce, Grape Tomato, Zucchini, Squash

Dessert:
Tiramaisu with berries
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce

Wines:
Lambrusco--White sparkling wine, very sweet, tasty, Lindz had this with dinner after wine flight
Dolcetto--Red dry, medium bodied, had sweet notes to it. I had this with dinner after doing a wine flight
Barbera--Red full oak cab. I thought it was a tasty sip drink wine, not a dinner wine but still great
Santo--Dessert Tawny Port style wine (very strong, but great with dessert)

After we got back, another shower for her to wash her hairspray & makeup off, one for me to relax and enjoy. After we got into bath robes and laid in bed, we finished our bottle of Lambrusco we brought back to the room. It kills me knowing that it was a select wine, and can't be ordered or taken off site. The wine was made specially for Gervasi overseas in Italy. Beautiful white wine. We drank some wine, enjoyed the music and lake view from our window, and went to bed. Good night

I HAD THE BEST SLEEP OF MY LIFE

We wokeup refreshed at about 0830 for breakfast. They delivered a continental breakfast handmade for us in an old wooden wine box. Very touching and very enjoyable. They made us two breakfast sandwiches. A bacon, egg, & cheese, a veggie, egg & cheese, a thing of monkey bread, granola bars, and fresh grapes. The fridge in the villa lobby was filled with complimentary drinks, so we grabbed bottles of cranberry juice and orange juice. Very tasty and enjoyable breakfast. It was so hard to get out of bed after that. The beds just said "come sleep and waste the day away." I could have stayed there all day if we didn't have to leave.

After crawling out of bed, we made our way to the shower one more time. Once we got ready we packed up, took some more pictures, enjoyed the views, and checked out. I still miss that room. Even if I didn't get the king suite, I'll take the room I got, everything was amazing

On our way out we checked out with the front desk, turned in our questionnaire about our stay and headed over to the crush house. The Crush House is the vineyards new upscale, relaxed, more casual dining restaurant/bar and also now the winery operations. Two years ago when we went to the vineyard the winery was below the bistro. According to our server they changed from an 8k gallon capacity winery now to about a 30k capacity winery and is rated one of the most scientific wineries in America. They apparently even had Ohio State come out and check the soil for growing the grapes, Stanford made them a grape seed to grow in Ohio's conditions, ect. They put all this in to produce all of this fantastic wine, but then put this amazing food and properties to pair it all with.

Anyways we got to the Crush House right at open. It was more relaxed, being more of a jeans and polo kind of experience. The big difference here is instead of teas, juices, wine, and soda. This had all the above but signature cocktails with their wines and also OYO, an Ohio based liquor brand (very good stuff btw)

Our lunch--

Drinks:
Apricot Bellini--Lambrusco mixed with nectar (also had raspberries)
Glass of Abbraccio (Embrace)--Gervasi's Cabernet Sauvingnon, paired great with my dish as recommended

Appetizer:
Loaded Baked Potato Skins--Pancetta, Scallions, Tomatoes, Garlic Cream, Mozzarella, Provolone, & a buttermilk infusion

Entree:
Steak Florentine--Grilled flat iron steak, carmalized onions, spinach, mushrooms, & bechamel sauce
Also added Noci to the side

On the way out I got pictures of the lower level dining area, the winery that you could see through panes in the walls inside of the crush house, and a few side rooms with beautiful decor. After that, we left the Crush House, our last full visit to the Vineyard...One look around at everything before we departed...After we sighed with sadness that we were leaving such an incredible place, we got in the car and started the long drive south. We at least purchased three bottles of wine to take home with us that we enjoyed. The Lambrusco was Lindz's favorite wine there, I did enjoy it alot, but I did enjoy the Dolcetto red a bit more. To me it paired well with food better, but also could have been used as a simple wine to sit down and relax with. Plus the taste it had was absolutely phenomenal. The Abbracio Cab Sauv. is a great wine, but for me I have to pair it with food or really be celebrating in a fancy way. It's not a come home after a long night and crack a bottle wine, it's too rich for that. The Dolcetto so far takes my pick. The only problem with the first two wines is that almost all of Gervasi's wines are made on property with everything coming from the vineyard except for a few select wines. The Lambrusco, Dolcetto, and Barbera that we tried all were selects. They were fantastic wines, however, they do not let you take these off site in intact bottles. You can purchase a bottle with dinner, but it's not a take home wine sadly.

Anyone who saw this and wants to go, GO THERE. I recommend this place with no questions asked. The grounds and establishments themselves are perfect and really cater to everything. This was like being on a cruse in Canton, OH, which is magnificent. You don't feel like you are in a Northern Ohio rural area. Then on top of it the place really strives to make everything magnificent. Everything from food colors, tastes, decor, smells, ect. there's nothing to complain about. I couldn't even find major nit picks that I have to say I wish they were changed. That kind of product is astounding, and amazing to experience. This place will hurt your budget a bit, my bank account hurt a bit after the trip. However, everything here is INCREDIBLE. No questions asked..

Room Tip: Book in advance to make sure you can secure a room, get add ins purchased in advance, taste wines th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Devan M.,
Thank you so much for leaving your extensive and detailed review! We appreciate it so much. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your dining experience in the Bistro and the Crush House! Thank you so much and we hope you visit with us again in the future!
North Ridgeville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Villas offer impressive looks, very good service, and a charming setting. BUT, big problems marred the experience. First at 3 and 5 A.M. there were trains that sounded like they were coming through the Villa. The floor of the room is Italian tile - pretty, but 65 Deg. F. The temperature control of the room is slow acting. The bed is for high jumpers and has only a duvet that was tucked in tight too far down the bed. My wife was too warm with it and too cold without, and that plus the trains made for no sleep. Go for the Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim P
GervasiVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Jim P,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry that the trains disturbed you. I realize at 3 and 5 AM that can be rather intrusive. We certainly wish we had control over that. Some of our guests actually find it charming. I apologize that it kept you up.

Regarding the floor temperature control, I am sorry you found that slow to respond. In the winter when outdoor temps are particularly cold our geothermal system does take a little longer to bring a stone floor up to the desired temperature.

I am sorry you found the bed a little high for your taste. We do provide a low wooden step stool for each and every bed in our Inn. They are partially tucked under the bed so the guest can see it when they arrive. Did you not find yours? I apologize for that.

If you could contact me at jeff@gervasivineyard.com or 330-433-2935. I would like to possibly ask you a few more questions. Not only would your feedback be very appreciated, it might help us improve this situation in some way. I certainly appreciate your time and I hope we have not lost you as a customer forever.

Jeff Hicks