“First rude employee I have encountered at the service desk”

Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I got here, went to the room, and it just had the 2 beds, not one with a sofa as i was told when I reserved the room. I called the front desk and the guy that checked me in answered. He argued with me said they didnt have any and had nothing that could accomodate me and the 4 kids that had a sofa. I told him that I specifically asked the lady if it had it because I had to have the sofa to sleep on because I cant sleep on the beds. He said he couldn't help what I was told but he could check us out and I could go somewhere else!!! I explained that I didn't want to go some place else if they had another room that had a sofa in it. He told me he could bring a roll-a-way up...and again i explained i couldnt sleep on it. So i said...i have 4 kids with me and you have no rooms that could accomodate us...cant you switch us to a room that had a sleeper sofa in it and then bring the roll-a-way up so one of the other kids could sleep on it and I can sleep on the sofa? He got quiet and wouldn't say anything so I just waited and he finally said...(quietly but with an attitude) that they had one on the first floor. I said ok i will be down and he hung up on me! This is the first time I have ever encountered someone rude here! But...he did finally switch us to a king bed and sofa, and said they would bring a roll-away bed for the other child.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Faithfulguest
RamadaHallofFame, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We sincerely apologize for the very untoward incident during your stay. We want to assure you that we will make necessary efforts to ensure our staff attends to our guests courteously and professionally. It saddens us that your stay had been inconvenient for you and the kids. We want to let you know that your feedback is most important to us and helps us in improving the quality of services we offer to our valued guests. We value your opinion and business and sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaHallofFame, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is convenient and the rooms are large. But the property is tired and the manager is a B. I had a nightmare experience. The room was either a furnace or without heat. There was no nuance to the heating. But that wan't the BIG problem.

My second night I was awakened to alarms blaring and soon thereafter water started pouring down from multiple places in the ceiling. The fire department helped me grab my things and relocate, first downstairs, and then to another room. Water was raining down in the hallways in the process. When I got to my new room the key didn't work, so I was asked to wait. So there I sat in my wet nightclothes at 2:45 am

Management did not even apologize and acted like because they got me another room they had done everything they should do. They refused to pay to dry clean my coat that got wet and contaminated with ceiling water (god knows what was in the upstairs carpet, insulation, etc!). They offered my a free night at the same property, but then would never actually give it to me.

Manager (Jen?) did not seem to think that any of this was their responsibility or had in any way inconvenienced me, when it really was a trio from hell.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
RamadaHallofFame, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal.

We have discussed this incident with our staff and team. There will be further evaluation regarding this incident to ensure your safety and security as well as comfort during your stay in our Hotel. We will also convey your message to our management and we would like to assure you that necessary steps will be taken to avoid these from happening in your future stay.

Please advise us of your trip as we look forward to another opportunity to serve you even better as our valued guest. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 18, 2014

All of the staff was great. Amy, the night clerk, and Marie, the breakfast attendant, were awesome. The room exceeded our expectations. We booked an extra night to stay in the area because we were so pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014
RamadaHallofFame, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Our hotel is proud to know that our staff- Amy and Marie as well as the entire team was able to provide you a stay truly deserve as our valued guest. Our efficient staff ensures the upkeep and maintenance of our rooms and facilities. Knowing we have exceeded your expectations of our Hotel’s service delivery is an achievement to our property.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaHallofFame, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014