“good stay”

Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaHallofFame, General Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our room. The price was good. It is a little outdated, but great value; close to most everything; and moreover - the staff was very friendly. From Lana, head of housekeeping, to Kelly and Malachi at the front desk. All were extremely accommodating and friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have a kitchenette for our stay. We will stay here again. I am a bit of a prude about where I stay/sleep - I found nothing wrong with these accommodations - especially for the price.
My only complaint - the free hot breakfast one day ran out of sausage; the next there was none - only eggs and it looked like there was something else but that it had run out. However there were always pastries, cereal and waffles. Looked forward to gravy and biscuits but those were not available. But that's an extra - so no real loss anyway, right?

1  Thank Pam H

Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Ramada! We strive to fulfill
every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaHallofFame, General Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Reviewed June 28, 2013

In April of 2013 I reserved a room with 2 queen beds. Upon check-in in June 2013 we were placed in a room with 1 queen bed and a sofa pull out! When I addressed the issue with the front desk staff they had no answers and did not know why or how my reservation had changed. The hotel was booked and there was no way to move us to our correct room. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told that she was unavailable and would not be back until the morning. I apparently was not the only one with this issue. I went to the front desk to have some documents faxed and during the nearly 45 minutes I waited to be assisted I listened to at least 3 different people that their reservation mysteriously had changed from a room with 2 beds to the one bed and pull out sofa, several people could not get keys to their rooms because the machine had a problem, and several rooms were not ready for people upon check-in. It seemed as if there was an excuse for everything! Front desk staff Doug informed me at one point that the hotel was not just booked, but they had over booked and some people would not have rooms! I listened to Staff member Doug tell one customer that the best he could do for any type of compensation was to give a 20% discount and that 10% of that discount would come out of his own pocket. I even witnessed staff member Neal tell a customer that the housekeeping does not clean the bathrooms and they would have to come to the front desk for more towels. I visited the front desk to request an extra blanket and was never brought one. I used a sheet to cover up with. The shower had great water pressure but the shower head was installed for a very small person! I am only 5'9" and the shower head only came up to my neck! It was very difficult to go into the pool room because their exhaust fan was broken. The chlorine smell was VERY VERY strong and coupled with the heat made it hard to breathe. I did however, go to the pool room after the sun went down only to find large wads of hair floating in the pool, no pool towels available, and a nasty looking spa. The spa was a green color, had wads of hair in it and there was a film on top that resembled an oily residue. YUCK! On the positive side, the only praise I have for this hotel is that the hot breakfast was kept stocked, full and fresh.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are alight sleeper.
1  Thank Jenna_Spry

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. When any guest has a less-than-satisfactory experience with us, we take it personally, and we take action. We strive to fulfill every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, and we regret not meeting that standard for you during your time with us. We did have a problem during your visit with the pool exhaust however we had it repaired after one day. We were not overbooked but as with all online reservations, rooms are booked by what the hotel has the most in inventory and guests are not always booked into what they choose. We always encourage our guests to call the hotel directly to verify and request any special needs. Again, I want to assure you that your insight will help us do a better job in the future for you and all our guests at the Ramada.

Reviewed June 28, 2013