“A.v.o.i.d.”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Erie, Pennsylvania
“A.v.o.i.d.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel room layout was weird, the rooms were partially separated and you had to shimmy between a wall and a hope chest to get to the back half of the room. The beds were hard as rocks and there weren't even real pillows (three small weird ones, rather than two normal ones). The toilet and shower were in a separate room, sink/vanity/mirror was in the bedroom. Nice when getting ready, but not when you wanted to wash your hands.....which, by the way, we didn't have soap for.

After a long night, we returned to rest our heads. Good luck. The screaming drunks in the hallway prevented that from happenings. And the staffs lack of enthusiasm didn't quiet them down much either. The staff, rather than kicking them out, accommodated them and opened a conference room. Too bad they still had to go back and forth from their room a thousand times.

Breakfast was served for such few, EARLY, hours we didn't bother going to try it. Maybe it was because we were cranky from not sleeping until 3 am, and having to wake up at 7....but, I doubt it was anything worthy of writing about.

The staff when we left took our keys, that was it. They didn't ask how our stay was. Didn't thank us. Didn't say "come again" - which we surely wouldn't.

I definitely, DEFINITELY, do not recommend North Cantons Ramada Inn to anyone who wants a decent nights sleep and a comfortable get away.

(One positive: the arrival staff was very, very kind and actually "upgraded" our room to non-smoking b/c we didn't realize we'd booked a smoking room. This was a free upgrade.)

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Surprisingly nice for the total low price ($85) we paid, considering most hotels are much more expensive. Room was extra large with two TV's, sofa, table, kitchenette, and optional divider door for bed area. Small bathroom because sink/vanity/mirror are outside of toilet/tub area for easy access. It was very clean and everything looked nice and worked properly. No ice machine on our floor, but one was nearby. Breakfast was fine considering it was included in the hotel fee. Didn't go swimming but the indoor pool (5' deepest end) and window-sided area were large and nice/clean looking. Lady at the front desk was friendly and efficient, and even called our room an hour after our arrival to make sure everything was satisfactory. Very nicely decorated Perkins family restaurant next door, where we were served reasonably priced (and good!) dinners. Popular restaurants and shopping mall nearby; Football Hall of Fame and Fawcett Football Stadium only a few miles away. Would recommend this hotel to anyone not wanting to spend $150 a night elsewhere, but who appreciates a clean, decent, not-real-fancy hotel. You might be able to get an even lower price rate by calling the hotel directly for reservations, which we weren't aware of beforehand. God bless! :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dsmj1950
RamadaHallofFame, General Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Ramada! We strive to fulfill
every guest’s needs while staying in our hotel, offering a comfortable home away from home that you can look forward to at the end of your day. We understand that it takes an extra effort to express your opinion for our hard work, and we look forward to returning the favor on your next stay at our hotel. Your specific comments are genuinely appreciated and will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We’re grateful for your insight and we’re eager to serve you in the future.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Only good statement about this place is that "Nick" the Desk Clerk was very polite and efficient upon our arrival. The rooms smell. The carpets are sticky. Housekeeping is the worst ever. Side door of this Ramada was not secure and anyone could walk into the building and throughout the building. The ventilation in our "King Deluxe Suite" caused myself and husband to acqire coughing and respiratory infections. The bathroom is so small you enter sidways to close the door and the same to leave. Dust and black mold in shower and ventilation of bathroom. My bedspread was stained with some dingy red colored spots. Front Desk was not interested.Breakfast was not good either. They would do better with simple Continental Breakfast. I never have stayed in a place so smelly !! I would never stay there again or every recommend another to stay there.This is my honest experience with Ramada Hall of Fame Canton, Ohio.

Room Tip: I do not recommend anyone I care about to stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RamadaHallofFame, General Manager at Ramada Canton/Hall of Fame, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I recently completed my first year as GM at this property which is now Ramada. It is being operated under a new Management Company. We are planning more upgrades as we move forward toward another new year. I am sorry your stay was a disappointing one. I would like to invite you to stay with us again and let my all new staff convince you we are on the right track.Please call me personally and book your visit.

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

This hotel is awful. The carpets, bed, lamps, bathrooms are all really dirty. The front desk is always overwhelmed because everything is broken. I made the mistake of opening a drawer while looking for the T.V. remote, the stench that came out of the drawer was unbelieveable. Wish I would have left and gone to another hotel in the area but was in a rush to see the Football Hall of Fame because of our time frame. So disappointed in this hotel that I probably will not stay at another Ramada. Yuck-O

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel, it is just bad.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room was dirty. Bathrooms are very small. Staff not friendly. Breakfast was not good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

•The bathroom was ridiculously small. The door had no lock, and when opened, struck the shower curtain rod. The doorway was so narrow, we had to turn sideways to enter it.
•The toilet lid was very old and did not display its age gracefully. It appeared to have been painted many many times in the past, and the paint was old, bubbled, cracked and peeling.
•The carpet was sticky,the bedspread was filthy and the sofa bed was visibly dirty and disgusting.
•The new granite countertops were lovely but quite frankly was like putting lipstick on a pig.

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I booked a room for sat night and paid 95.00 for a room that was not worth it! They let me check in 25 minutes early but when I got to the room it was dirty. It had not been cleaned. There were used towels and trash in the room. When I called the front desk the man that answered the phone was short and rude. I explained the room was dirty. Asked if they would come clean it and he said he would call them. 10 minutes later nobody showed I explained that if the room wasn't ready I could have waited for a clean room. he was short explaining they had until 3:00 to clean them. well it was 2:45 pm. I told him it should have been cleaned by now then. He said," I will let them know." Well he didn't let anyone know because all housekeeping was gone but one girl.I had to go to the laundry room and asked a women about getting my room clean. She hunted down the only girl left to clean the room and 25 minutes later she came to clean the room, by that time I was so frustrated I didn't even bother to have her vacuum I figured it wouldn't get better than what it was. For almost $100.00 a night this was not worth it and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone trying to find a clean and friendly hotel. I would have done better at a a $40.00 a night hotel. This is not a quality hotel and a little run down for the price. I will never stay here again and do not recommend anyone staying here for the price they charge.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple