“Good food but slow service.”

Pizza Oven Delivery & Papa Bear's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 348 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Papa Bear's is the restaurant portion; Pizza Oven is the delivery portion
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I ordered the daily special which was caramelized chicken pasta.
The caramelized chicken pasta was very good.
Here is the bad:
- The meal took a long time to prepare for having very few people in the restaurant.
- I waited rather long for the server return so I could ask for a refill.
- The dining area was nice, but they had odd synthesizer music playing which, in my opinion, was not relaxing and did not feel Italian.
- The salad and pasta were served in lopsided bowls that were awkward to use.

1  Thank SuperPoser

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Finding a great locally owned eating establishment can be tough for the business traveler, when out of town.
I was fortunate to stay at a Hotel that recommended the Papa Bear Italian Restaurant in Canton Ohio.
Being a Friday evening the restaurant was very busy, and they only had seating at the bar, which worked for me. The server was excellent, and they were able to accomadate my request for Chicken Saltimbocca, as they only had Veal on the menu. The Italian Wedding Soup was the best I ever tasted. The portions were more than adequate, and a great value.
The couple next to me ordered the grilled sausage and peppers, and it looked great. The pizza looked great too. They do have real cooks here!!!
Can't wait till my next trip to Canton, Ohio
RLW

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Worst steak I've ever had. Paid $26.99 for their best steak, definitely a bad idea. Go to 91 instead for real upscale dining. My dates food was brought to the table and scraped off of what looked like a TV dinner tray and onto a real plate. That was also less than tasty. The service was good, food was terrible.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

wow! $30 for lunch for my husband and I, and it honestly was not that great. poorly seasoned and the wait staff seemed bothered we were there.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Good lunch place. My husband and his co-workers dine here often. Good food. New decor is nice improvement. Food is not flashy but always goods. Tuna Chef Salad is excellent, and try the greens.