Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton
Red Roof Inn - Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
$56
Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame(Canton)(Great Value!)
$76
ComfortInn
Quality Inn Hall of Fame(Canton)(Great Value!)
$67
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
$79
$99
$89
Fairfield Inn
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskhall of famewafflesmarriott chainhour coffeenext morningfree breakfastevery employeenice deskfamily businessextra blanketsroom was cleanhallway noiseshopping and diningstayed here for two nightshand writtenstaff was very friendly
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were in Canton for a wedding and really enjoyed our recent stay at this property! We were there for three nights and were impressed that they had everything you could want--newly remodeled interiors, clean & comfortable rooms, an exercise room, pool with whirlpool, hot breakfast (with eggs & waffles!), 24-hour coffee/hot chocolate station, business center, free wifi, free parking, and even fruit-infused water to welcome the weary traveler home. And most importantly of all, everyone on staff was extremely friendly and responsive. You could tell the team was working hard to make sure guests were having a great stay. Thank you! All-around, a very warm and comfortable place to be at a great value. Hoping to visit again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherie r
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice clean hotel, enjoyed the ease of access. Took the kids in the pool and it was clean and stocked. The hot tub was really not appealing, it was a little green and not very warm. Stayed away... The staff was friendly, breakfast was good and stocked and cleaned up regularly.

1  Thank 99p38a
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Scott and his staff made our stay very enjoyable. Being from Florida, with temps in the mid 50-60s and mid 30's in the evenings; they had no problem giving us a couple of extra blankets to keep us warm. Ashley, our housekeeper, left us a nice note apologizing for not making our beds as we had our bags on them (our bad, not hers), which was a nice touch.

Very clean, friendly and accommodating property! 2015 Hall of Fame Marathon/Half Marathon - we know where to book!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is very classy. It is clean, the rooms are clean, the bathroom was clean. Just a great place to stay for the whole family. The indoor pool is great, the exercise room is great and the staff is very friendly and can help you find restaurant locations in the area. I had to stay at this hotel for a funeral so it was not pleasure. I would stay again if I needed to go back to Ohio.

Room Tip: I would probably stay on the second floor.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I decided to stay here based on the glowing reviews by a lot of other reviewers. Look, no offense, but what hotels have you people stayed in over the years??? It didn't look to me like Canton had all that fantastic of hotel options, but there has to be a better one than this.

The front desk staff were very friendly, but I found them no more or less friendly than most other hotels I have stayed at. There were a few notable things about the hotel that distinguished it--there was a carafe of fruit-infused water at the front desk which would have been a nice touch had it not been empty, and the breakfast area in the main lobby had yogurt and fruit available, which is a thoughtful thing to provide all day to travelers.

The Fairfield certainly had some interesting guests. In the evening there were young men with open glass beer bottles swimming in the pool, which seems like a terrible idea on many levels for the Fairfield to allow, particularly as it was still early in the evening, so there were still children about, and because glass shouldn't be allowed in pools (the pool is clearly visible through a window to anyone in the lobby so the staff could not have been ignorant to the situation). There was also a couple checking in whose only luggage seemed to be a 30 pack of Natural Light. I'm not faulting the Fairfield for that, but if you're a business traveler hoping for quiet fellow guests, this may not be the place for you if that's any indication of who their regular patrons are.

Moving on, at the front desk I explained I had a feather allergy and was told the pillows would be immediately replaced. They were replaced, but I was told that only the pillows in front (there were 5 pillows) were feather and the rest were not. Well, I can assure you they were and I was quite sick the next day. Unfortunately it's hard to tell the difference between feather and polyfill pillows so you have to trust that you're being told the truth. I will say that I thought it was ignorance on the part of the employee who was really trying to be helpful.

There was a letter on the desk in the room welcoming some man we had never heard of in the room. We called to make sure this man wasn't supposed to be staying in the room we had and were told to ignore it. I don't know if the man had already been and gone (which would say more about the housekeeping), or if he had changed his mind, or what.

Breakfast was what you would expect--fruit, cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, etc., pretty much the same fare you get at most hotels of this type nowadays, although the coffee was exceptionally bad. Still, there were pretty good options on the buffet.

However, here's where the poor rating is really coming from--when I stepped in the shower in the morning, I moved the shower curtain out of the way and there were several clumps of pubic hairs on the side of the inside of the tub. Even worse, they were several different colors of pubic hair. Soooo disgusting. I deeply regret not looking at the sheets before I slept on them, which I normally do as a practice but I was so tired that I didn't look, much to my everlasting regret.

Maybe they were having a bad night or something, but I won't stay there again. Anyway, here's a bullet point summary of the hotel:

Pros:
--Breakfast buffet in the morning with reasonably good but not outstanding variety (eggs, sausage, breads, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, fruit)
--Friendly and personable front desk staff
--Small selection of grocery items with microwave at front desk
--Comfortable bed and spacious room
--Prettily decorated reception area

Cons:
--I don't recommend this hotel if you have a feather allergy
--Bathtub was filthy (pubic hairs on sides including one large-ish clump of them)
--Coffee is terrible (I never expect great coffee in hotels but this was really bad)
--Hotel guests allowed to take glass beer bottles into the swimming pool
--At least that night they had lots of drinkers in the hotel, including in the pool. Supervise your children in this hotel

Bottom line, you'd be better off at a Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, Hampton, or even a La Quinta if you are staying in this class of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank busitrav33
CantonFFHI_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. While it stings to receive negative feedback, we will use it as an opportunity to learn and grow. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered. I know how disappointing it is to be distracted by negative experiences on a trip.

I also want to apologize for any guests that may have disturbed you during your stay. There was an area wide dart tournament in Canton during your stay. We will work harder next year to minimize any issues with visible alcohol in public areas and better enforcement of our no eating or drinking policy in the pool area. I also want to apologize for the hair that was missed when we serviced your room. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and fresh room. Missing something like that is unacceptable and should never happen. I am also sorry for the welcome letter in your room not properly addressing you. Room assignments changed during the busy ongoings of the night and we failed to switch your personal welcome letter with the other guest's. This was definitely lesson learned on the importance of accuracy.

Thanks again for taking the time to evaluate us. We appreciate the positive things you said about us and we will use the constructive criticism to grow. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are in Canton again. Please feel free to contact me with any additional suggestions or observations you wish to share.

Jack Butler