“excellent experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canfield
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we spent a weekend in Canfield for my HS Reunion. The rooms are very clean and we especially enjoyed the electric fireplace in the room. The lobby/breakfast area is very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2013

No problems. The room was excellent. Very clean, small but functionsl. Got a backache from the bed. We were there for a wedding, so we did not choose the room. Would choose a suite if we come back. Again, the hotel was beautiful. We would recommend your hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at the Canfield Hampton as a wedding guest. The rooms are clean and comfortable and is the staff friendly and helpful. I chose the Canfield Hampton for my stay because of the hotel even though the location was not in the immediate area of the wedding.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

hotel was nice and clean. Front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. They had an excellent hot breakfast with staff to keep the breakfast area clean. beds were very soft and comfortable. location was great. Canfield, OH is close to Youngstown and not far from the Turnpike.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel. Upon inspecting the matress( as I always do when staying at hotels), we discovered the box spring had been covered and tear in the corner revealed black spots ( an indication bedbugs were or had been present). I went down to the front desk, reported my findings, showed a picture I had taken and asked for a new room. I was given one down the hall, which appeared to be clean, no covers over box spring trying to hide something. Upon returning that evening I noticed the room I had complained about had a "do not disturb" sign on the door, indicating they had booked another guest into that room without any concern to what I had brought to their attention. The manager called be today, after I had reported this to their corporate office and apologized for the ripped cover. When I mentioned the bugs, he said he was not aware of a problem and would replace the cover. Stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Check the beds!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melody B
Daniel S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

It is unfortunate that individuals are permitted to submit false, untrue and unsubstatiated information on a site that should be used for constructive critisisms. I find this review to be offensive and extremely detrimental to the hardworking housekeeping staffs of the thousands of hotels in our great nation. You should be ashamed of yourself for stooping to such a level of misrepresentation.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

every person everyone we encountered was over the top helpful and wanted to make sure your stay was a good one. Tanisha (front desk nights) was so nice and friendly.

I would stay here every time I was in the area

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There was a problem with the a/c in our room. The staff came promptly to check it and when it could not be fixed right away, they moved us to an upgraded room. That room had a problem with the tv remote. We called the desk and they came up within 2 minutes with a new remote. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff is wonderful, very flexible and accommodating to the guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canfield
Courtyard Youngstown Canfield
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
7 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Youngstown West/Austintown
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield? Share your experiences!