“Eat here if you like white American cheese melted on your Mexican food, I don't!”
Review of Las Margaritas

Las Margaritas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I hate this weird American Mexican food chain trend of exclusively using White American cheese as the sole cheese choice. I'm over it! Done. I have experienced this (as anyone out there reading this has with even half a brain about food) time and time again. This time I asked the server about what cheese they use. Even the server didn't know the difference between White American cheese and "real cheese". That alone is offensive, I mean really? She said: "it's white shredded cheese." I asked for a sample. If it's white American I won't dine here simply put. She brought out some for me in a little cup and stood some distance from the table like I wasn't going to be able to sample it. I said, "Can I taste it?" She gave me a look like "no". So I just went ahead and grabbed some, spilling some on the table, and yes, oh yes...White American Cheese! At this point I had the cursory chips and salsa on the table and had ordered a beer. I was waiting for a friend and was about to ask for the bill and eat elsewhere when my friend arrived. I'll just cut to the chase. I do not appreciate White American cheese on my food, any food and especially not Mexican food. I realize that probably most people are ignorant enough to not even notice. However, I do. I will never again eat and pay for White American cheese'd Mexican food. If you like that type of thing and don't know any better then dine here, this place is for you! For me, not now, not ever again and no thanks. This American prefers real cheese that stretches when it melts or even hey here's a novel idea, how about Mexican cheese like Queso Fesco, Cotilla or even Queso Oaxaca.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went for an early dinner on New Year's Eve. There were 2 servers working and one hostess working carryout/front. We sat down at 6, and didn't get out til after 7. We had a rude waitress who took forever to bring us our drinks and didn't really know the menu. My spouse ordered the fish tacos...she said,'which ones, there are like 20'. Really? The manager was only seen taking out food at a glacial pace. All of the food tasted like it was covered in lime juice. My fajitas were way over-cooked. They give you a big pile of mushy vegetables and 2 small flour tortillas. She didn't stop back by, she didn't say anything. You could tell everyone that was there was pissed. You would be better off going to a taco bell than coming to this place. What a terrible dining experience. This place won't last much longer.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went this week to Las margaritas canal Winchester I don't know what happened to this place. Everything used to be so good and such a great value but it is awful now. No matter how many people are there there are only one server or two servers that do all the job. They are taking orders, sitting people , answering the phone,making drinks at the bar and taking the food out and 2 other people just standing around(including the manager).When i tried to provide a constructive criticism to the manager( jorge) suggesting he needs to help his staff or hire more people he was rude, barely speak English and the only thing he did was yelling at his own staff. I'm pretty sure he is not the general manager he is just a clown but Whomever bought this place out is running it into the ground .The waitress are friendly that's it!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what happened to this place! I loved it when this came into my town. Everything used to be so good and such a great value but it is awful now. No matter how many people are there there is only one server and 3 other people just standing around. Whomever bought this place out is running it into the ground. The queso tastes like velveeta, the food takes forever to come out and when it does it's cold. I think I'm going to do myself a favor and not come back because this place is all around awful and nothing at all like it used to be!

1  Thank Jordan F
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The waitstaff was friendly... that's about it. The food tasted like something that was reheated from three days ago. Our food all came out at different times. I was able to peek in the kitchen and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all. There was food on the floor and other garbage. I seriously was waiting for Gordon Ramsey or Robert Irvine to show up. Would I go back? Nope.