“Always Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have tried several differnt items on the menu and I am never disapponted. Their salads are excellent...they have an awesome Cuban Sandwich....the potato salad is delish.......and the beef brisket pizza is to die for!
I have taken several friends here and they all love it!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lots of choices on menu...great pretzel appetizer, huge turkey burger on a delicious pretzel bun, seafood chowder had good taste but only traces of crab. Overall, very good...would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of the most favorite hometown restaurants. Menu includes appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pizza,and desserts. Reasonable prices.
Their marinaded Funky chicken salad is delicious.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Finally tried this place after several years of reading reviews here, on Yelp and on Urbanspoon. Place is huge and very sports bar like. We went on a Saturday. Sat immediately.

Menu is almost identical to their restaurant Leghorns which I have also visited in Athens. I did not know this till I sat down and read it on their menu.

Menu selection is quite extensive, but lets face it, lots of deep fried bar food. I will give them credit for quite an array of salads. But if you are watching what you eat it might be hard here.

We ordered soup, I had the cup of chili, husband had the chowder. I was underwhelmed by the chili. It was lukewarm when I got it. He enjoyed the chowder. One note of irritation. She brought our soups out WITH our pizza. Why???

We ordered the buffalo shrimp appetizer which was really not enough for two people. 8 Pieces. It came without any sauce, and upon asking for some ranch dressing we were charged for it. I think tats ludicrous. Buffalo shrimp and chicken typically comes with ranch or blue cheese. Shouldn't have to ask or be charged for it.

Lets move on to the pizza. We ordered the wise guy. It was delicious. I would return just for the pizza. Very garlicky which we loved. And piping hot!

Service was VERY lackluster. Not bad, just a very young staff who seemed like they would rather chat with each other than wait on customers. We had to ask for EVERYTHING.

Ranch dressing, spoons for the soup, napkins, refills, etc...There were plenty of girls working but getting our waitress actually interested was a chore.

While I wouldn't go out of my way to come here again, if I was in the area, I would stop by just for the pizza. It was very very good. However, there are far better places in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Shade on the Canal in the small town of Canal Winchester, Ohio. Great place. Lookslike a sports bar with rows of TV's and sports accessories, but a casual family atmosphere with a large menu of very good casual food. Many items are fresh and home made. Most of my family lives an hour from us, and when we get together, a trip to Shade's happens quite often