$100
$112
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East(Pickerington)(Great Value!)
$100
$47
$60
Rodeway Inn(Columbus)
$51
All reviewshot tubbuffalo wild wingsroom was cleanpool areafree breakfastwould stay againstaff was friendlyparking lotcolumbusbrewdogtammypillowsaccommodations
Reviewed September 23, 2009

OK - I just wanted a hotel close to the Alumni Pub off of Route 33 to see an old friend that was playing in the band. I'm not getting behind the wheel after having a few drinks! Anyway....this hotel is a typical Best Western - NO FRILLS! But it is exactly what it claims to be. I found my room to be very clean and the beds were just fine. TV worked, Shower Worked, Coffee Pot worked. Honestly....who actually stays at these hotels for the pool and entertainment? NO BODY so get over it people. If your staying at a hotel next to a freeway for your much needed vacation you have bigger problems than you think!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed July 3, 2009

This hotel is what travelers call a nightmare. When we arrived we drove around to get a feel for what we were getting into. Found trash, trash and more trash in the parking lot and surrounding areas. Saw a mattress lean out of the 2nd floor window. Since this motel was the closest to where we wanted to be, we decided to ask the desk clerk about what we had seen. He stated that there had been a large group that had stayed the night before and the staff had not cleaned everything up yet, should have walked away then. OK! we asked to see the room we were going to get - Very Small, didn't notice that our feet stuck to the floor since we both were wearing sneakers at the time. The decor and ammenities could be best described as 10th century Spartan. We went to bed early since the WIFI was down and the telephone did not work - which we had been assured would be fixed by early evening. At about 2am, and it continued till around 4:30am and please remember no phone, get up walk to the front desk and complain about the noise coming from the room above. The walls and ceiling seemed to have no sound proofing at all. We were thankful that no one was staying on either side of us. After a second complaint, the noise abated to just stomping on the floor.

By 06:00am my wife and I had enough - got packed - cancelled the 2nd night's reservation and left. As we checked out we request to get in contact with the owner/manager of this establishment. We were told that THEY only work from 11:00 to 3:00pm Monday thru Friday and that the desk clerk would leave a note. We received a call a few days later, we asked if there could be some sort of rate adjustment due to how our stay was. We were informed that 10% would be all and that they had allowed us to check in early. Check in early, we saw the room and paid our money for one night - this was early afternoon, we did not come back to the room until after 8:00 pm. If ever we happen to stay in this area again - we would camp out on the ground - in a park before staying at this motel, there in nothing BEST about this establishment. I am sorry I did not have my camera.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Retiredtraveler1230
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I stayed in this hotel and had three different charges on my credit card that were put on there by the management. The girl at the front desk, LeAnn was one of the most helpful people that I have encountered on my travels. But the way that they did me, really messed up my bank account for the entire time that I stayed with them. They charged me for a months stay, when I clearly told them that I was only staying for a week at a time. They did it to me twice. Then when I checked out, they still charged me for a weeks stay that I was not even in the room. So their rooms were great and all, just dont use your credit card to stay there, or you will be fixing your account for a while.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank lttlntty
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I stopped off at this Amerihost late one everning as I was driving from Michigan to Virginia. I had wanted to bypass Columbus proper, as I figured hotels would be more expensive there. I'm glad I stopped at Canal Winchester, though; I found out the next morning after I got back on the road that there aren't many other choices nearby as one continues east on US 33.

I had a fine experience at this hotel. Room was clean and building was quiet. I was happy to see a computer in the lobby for internet use, which I took advantage of. Had a fairly standard continental breakfast the next morning: bagels, English muffins, cold cereal, etc.

I should note that the end of the hotel opposite the front desk seemed to be cordoned off while I was there. Not sure what was up with that, if they were doing renovations or what. Also, there were fans going in the hallway near the front desk on the morning I left, and the staff spoke of some sort of recurring water problem. This did not affect me, however, and I don't know if it posed any kind of problem for any of the other guests.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Anagram_Sam
Reviewed November 5, 2006

Every week I encountered something different with this place in the 8 consecutive weeks I stayed there.

Keys not working after you make a trip up the stairs. No elevator. You have to go downstairs to get a new key. This happened at least twice.

Room occupied upon checking in. How does this happen? I walk up to my room and someone is in it.

After returning from a day at work, they put new mattresses and instead of coming back to a clean room with a new mattress, I got my linens thrown agains the wall in a ball, the bed was stripped, and there was a empty bottle of Sangria. Guess housekeeping was having a fun time and forget to make the bed.

They have like 5 things to choose from at breakfast, small boxed Cereal being one of them, Unfortunatly that does not do any good when your out of milk.

Out of coffee at 7 AM

The only thing I can say positive about this place other then the cheap rate, is that they let me check in early after a red eye flight, and let me keep my toiletry bags over the weekend. The staff is friendly, but man, I am never coming back.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank candria77