“Time Away”

Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I grew up going to Salt fork. Always came in the winter. Had a great time. We stayed in a chateau. That not spelled right oops. Jacuzzi on the porch overlooking the frozen lake amazing. The Lodge had a very nice fitness room, game room had a lot of activity. The indoor pool and jacuzzi in the lodge in also very nice. The front desk has lots of movies to borrow and games. Big place amazing place to get lost in. Tones of walking paths and wildlife.

Room Tip: If staying at lodge and its winter get a room the looks out to the woods and night deer come up to t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that you've been visiting Salt Fork since chiildhood. I will share your positive comments with our staff. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was looking for a special Valentine's day getaway as a backdrop to propose to my girlfriend, and this worked out perfectly. (She said yes.) We were very impressed with our room in the lodge, nicely appointed, clean and comfortable--more so than a lot of motels I've stayed in. Everything in the room worked and the bed was very comfortable. We ate most of our meals in the restaurant; thought it was a little pricey but the food was really good. The lounge is very nice but also overpriced, and closed at midnight during off season. My only quibble is that the coffee in the lobby (K-cup machine) was $2 a cup; should be free in my opinion. Beautiful facility with fireplaces in several of the common areas, lots of deer roaming the grounds. Overall a very good vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Congratulations to you and your fiance and thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. We would really enjoy welcoming you back each year to celebrate your anniversaries!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our stay was definitely over priced for the service we received. Our room never got warm. Coffee pot would not work and when I told the front office, they charged me $4.00 for 2 cups of their coffee. A little effort at the front desk would have made a huge difference. On the bright side, our dinner was good, lounge was nice, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. My apologies for the difficulties with your room and the poor service received by our Front Desk staff. I am thrilled to learn that your dinner and experience in our lounge was enjoyable and your accommodations were clean. I am hopeful we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here for an overnight with a group over a weekend in February. The facility and the setting is beautiful. We were there with kids and there was plenty to do to keep busy in the winter time. There is a small game room, an indoor pool, and you can also go over to the Golf Course to go sledding. We had a room with a set of bunk beds. Our room was very nice and very clean. Our overall experience was very good. The only negative about our stay was the food. Our group rented a conference room and had dinner provided by the Lodge. The food was okay and there wasn't enough of it. Breakfast was on our own and we ate at the restaurant in the Lodge. They have a good variety of options on their menu and the food was pretty good. It wasn't over priced like most resorts.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria W

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. I will pass on your concerns with your banquet food with our Executive Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

With Gratitude,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Took a family trip to Salt Fork. The room was cold and did warm up a bit but was still pretty frigid. Front desk very nice but food at restaurant was not very good and hostess not very friendly. The view was breath taking and the deer were at our patio all the time. Pool and hot tub had way too much chlorine. Eyes were burning and skin was red.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate your candor and have forwarded your constructive comments on to our staff. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties your family experienced while at Salt Fork.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My Boyfriend & I needed an extended weekend getaway so I booked the Friday-Sunday and then used Their "Stay-2 and the third night was FREE" promotion. I have stayed at Salt Fork on several different occassions and the reason I return is it's always relaxing, clean, staff is friendly and you truly can "getaway" from the hustle & bustle of everyday "city" surroundings and unwind in the rustic, slow down pace & have the comforts of home. We will be back again soon!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for the terrific feedback. Your getaway description of Salt Fork is fantastic! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our 3 for 2 special, and I'm very happy to read that you plan to visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Salt Fork is our family's favorite place to get away. We have been going there for over thirty years. Fishing, swimming, and sitting around the campfire up on the "mountain" with Cabin 36 are some of our family traditions.

Room Tip: Cabins allow for more family time and roomier. Best of all, you feel a part of God's creation.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. Cabin 36 is a great location; offering a nice view of the lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back for year thirty one!

With Gratitude,

Keith Cook

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cambridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Cambridge
Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge

Been to Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!