“Outdated”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Port Washington, Ohio
“Outdated”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our stay was definitely over priced for the service we received. Our room never got warm. Coffee pot would not work and when I told the front office, they charged me $4.00 for 2 cups of their coffee. A little effort at the front desk would have made a huge difference. On the bright side, our dinner was good, lounge was nice, and the room was clean.

• Stayed February 2014
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. My apologies for the difficulties with your room and the poor service received by our Front Desk staff. I am thrilled to learn that your dinner and experience in our lounge was enjoyable and your accommodations were clean. I am hopeful we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Keith Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baltimore, Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here for an overnight with a group over a weekend in February. The facility and the setting is beautiful. We were there with kids and there was plenty to do to keep busy in the winter time. There is a small game room, an indoor pool, and you can also go over to the Golf Course to go sledding. We had a room with a set of bunk beds. Our room was very nice and very clean. Our overall experience was very good. The only negative about our stay was the food. Our group rented a conference room and had dinner provided by the Lodge. The food was okay and there wasn't enough of it. Breakfast was on our own and we ate at the restaurant in the Lodge. They have a good variety of options on their menu and the food was pretty good. It wasn't over priced like most resorts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria W
Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. I will pass on your concerns with your banquet food with our Executive Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

With Gratitude,

North Canton
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Took a family trip to Salt Fork. The room was cold and did warm up a bit but was still pretty frigid. Front desk very nice but food at restaurant was not very good and hostess not very friendly. The view was breath taking and the deer were at our patio all the time. Pool and hot tub had way too much chlorine. Eyes were burning and skin was red.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate your candor and have forwarded your constructive comments on to our staff. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties your family experienced while at Salt Fork.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My Boyfriend & I needed an extended weekend getaway so I booked the Friday-Sunday and then used Their "Stay-2 and the third night was FREE" promotion. I have stayed at Salt Fork on several different occassions and the reason I return is it's always relaxing, clean, staff is friendly and you truly can "getaway" from the hustle & bustle of everyday "city" surroundings and unwind in the rustic, slow down pace & have the comforts of home. We will be back again soon!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for the terrific feedback. Your getaway description of Salt Fork is fantastic! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our 3 for 2 special, and I'm very happy to read that you plan to visit us again soon!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Salt Fork is our family's favorite place to get away. We have been going there for over thirty years. Fishing, swimming, and sitting around the campfire up on the "mountain" with Cabin 36 are some of our family traditions.

Room Tip: Cabins allow for more family time and roomier. Best of all, you feel a part of God's creation.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. Cabin 36 is a great location; offering a nice view of the lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back for year thirty one!

With Gratitude,

Langenhagen, Germany
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Safe, clean lodge for families traveling or meeting up for a reunion. Good food and great service! I also think it is a quite relaxing place to organize medium sized corporate meetings for management level employees to strategize and socialize.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff.

I also appreciate your observations relative to Salt Fork as a great place to host a meeting. With over 300 groups on-site each year, our Catering and Convention Services team have an outstanding track record and customer satisfaction rating.

Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed there in October for a family reunion and had a wonderful time! I decided to go back in January to take advantage of the pool and hot tub! It was an extremely cold weekend so it was really nice to be able to enjoy the Lounge, Resturant, pool and hot tub without ever going outside.
I look forward to returning in the summer to take advantage of the outdoor activities! The staff has been wonderful at both visits.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. I am pleased to read that you have visited us twice in a short period of time and plan another trip this summer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Keith Cook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge
Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Cambridge

Been to Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!