“Great place to stay for travelers....” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Langenhagen, Germany
“Great place to stay for travelers....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Safe, clean lodge for families traveling or meeting up for a reunion. Good food and great service! I also think it is a quite relaxing place to organize medium sized corporate meetings for management level employees to strategize and socialize.

Stayed December 2013
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff.

I also appreciate your observations relative to Salt Fork as a great place to host a meeting. With over 300 groups on-site each year, our Catering and Convention Services team have an outstanding track record and customer satisfaction rating.

Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Keith Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed there in October for a family reunion and had a wonderful time! I decided to go back in January to take advantage of the pool and hot tub! It was an extremely cold weekend so it was really nice to be able to enjoy the Lounge, Resturant, pool and hot tub without ever going outside.
I look forward to returning in the summer to take advantage of the outdoor activities! The staff has been wonderful at both visits.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. I am pleased to read that you have visited us twice in a short period of time and plan another trip this summer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,
Orwell, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have been coming to Salt Fork Lodge for many years (16 to be exact) and will be returning for Springbreak in April. We have three children ages 6, 11, 13. They games and entertainment they had was so much fun for all of them. I usually don't go to the New Year Eve buffet with my husband due to not liking seafood or primerib. This year the whole went and I have to say everything I had was very good and the staff very friendly. The children buffet was so cute and just for them. Could not of ask for a better get away for the family to just relax and have family time together.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for the bunk room and wood side. The bunk room gives you extra space if you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. The restaurant staff was excited to create a fun buffet area for the kids; I'm so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back in April!

With Gratitude,
Cambridge, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just took advantage of the three nights for the price of two deal, hosting our kids and grand kids at Salt Fork Lodge in 5 rooms that included the hospitality room and the two rooms adjacent. Christmas is a great time to do this as occupancy is low and almost everyone there is with a family group. No need to worry about little kids disturbing other guests since almost everyone else is there with kids as well. There is a lot of space to move about. Since the game room is an attraction that can suck up a lot of money, we took several of our own games that kids played for prizes in the "grandma game room" that we set up in a remote common area. It was one of the kids favorite events. I recommend taking a lot of snacks since the lodge is remote and food service is limited over the holidays.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were decent just a little outdated. needs new wallpaper and a makeover. Pool was great. Game room was okay...some games didn't work and took our money. Room service was BAD. 10pm at night and no room service? Front desk told us to order pizza at lounge. Lounge closed early supposedly. Asked what could we do food wise and were told to use a snack machine. None of the pizza places around deliver either. Got food out of snack machine the cookies were horrible my friend threw up. Staff was nice besides the lady at the lounge who called and yelled at us for wanting to order pizza. What happened Salt Fork?

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Madi32393
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing Salt Fork on your recent visit.

I am concerned about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know this does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident we heard your concern.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at the lodge for the third year conducting training for a clients personnel. The lodge is very nice set in a beautiful location. It didn't snow this year but last year it had and it was a winter wonderland. There are deer all over the place. Bring some feed and you can feed them off of you balcony. The staff is very friendly and will bend over to help you. The only negative comment I would have is that the lodge is showing her age. The elevator are "tired". The rooms could use some sprucing up. They were clean just "tired" The bar is nice but the drinks are a bit steep but, to be expected. The restaurant was good. Again, the staff is fantastic. I would highly recommend you stay there.

Room Tip: Try to get a hospitality room as it offers a large room with a small kitchen. I wouldn't get a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler020375
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. I know they appreciate positive feedback just as much as I do. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Quite a long drive back to the lodge, but check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean, large and had a nice balcony. The pool was wonderful! Best indoor pool of any of the state parks in Ohio. The water was a perfect temperature. Enjoyed the hot tub as well. The only issue is that the pool room has several ceiling leaks that need to be repaired, some around lighting fixtures. This is a great property for family and fun! Lovely fireplaces and seating areas. Breakfast was excellent. As a travel agent, I highly recommend this property! Plan on returning during the summertime!

Room Tip: Balcony room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ilovetotravel96
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. I know they appreciate positive feedback just as much as I do. It means a lot that as a travel agent you are recommending our property. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Keith Cook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Pine Lakes Lodge B&B Resort and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 14 in Cambridge

Been to Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!