“Salt Fork State Park Experience”

Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Xanterra managed park systems are a perfect get-away solution for family or couple.
Salt Fork offers a either a quiet reflective experience or a host of activities that travelers can choose from.
Salt Fork also engages the vacationer with a rich source of knowledge, customer awareness and first class amenities.
Two thumbs up !
!

Room Tip: Cabins are quaint with all amenities Fall is excellent time to experience beutiful autom leaves
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband & I love staying at Salt Fork. It is one of our favorite parks. The staff is exceptional in customer care. The lodge is very relaxing with its decor along with having great pools & trails. There are enough different trails to meet most people's physical needs. We were there when the leaves were changing colors which added to our experience.
The food in the restaurant is very good. The pasta dishes & soups were exceptional.
Liz K

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods & lake are the best to sit on the balcony and watch all the wildlife.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. The fall colors throughout the park are beautiful and I'm glad you and your husband were able to enjoy this special time of year with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was looking for a weekend getaway close to home and I had been to the Mohican State Park Lodge so I wanted to try another state park lodge. Salt Fork State Park Lodge was next on my list so I checked out the website and checked out their calendar of events and saw that they had an event called A DAY IN THE COUNTRY SATURDAY OCTOBER 19, 2013. This event consisted of Hayrides, Petting Zoo, Scarecrow Contest, Pie Baking Contest (Contestants Needed!), Pumpkin Painting, Cookie Decorating, Spinners, Silver Plated Jewelry, Candles, Primitive Wood Crafts, Campfire Soup Beans and Other Good Food, Bluegrass Music. I called the hotel and booked a room in the lodge for that weekend right away. I thought it was a great plus for the hotel to have all these activities planned for the weekend.

My room was in the A wing of the hotel. The room was very nice with an updated bathroom and a king bed. My room was on the north side facing the forest and the lake. In the evening and early morning I could sit and watch the deer feeding in the grass below the balcony which I enjoyed. The hotel was warm and inviting with a home like feeling. There were several fire places in the hotel that gave it a nice feel. There were large leather chairs in small groupings that you could sink into while having conversations with friends and family. I dined in the restaurant all weekend and wasn't disappointed. Every meal was excellent and the service was great. The hotel staff from the front desk to the people that service the rooms were very friendly and always willing to help.

I had a great weekend and I will definitely book there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. I know they appreciate positive feedback just as much as I do. A Day in the Country is one of my favorite events as well. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last day of a 14 day New England tour, on our way back to Indiana. Nice way to close out vacation. Trails were challenging but not too tough and lodge was a great place to rest at end of the day. Food was terrific - best pizza ever from lodge restaurant and breakfast was fastest served and yummy! Great place to stay and hope we can return some day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. We are so happy that we were able to positively cap off a great two week New England tour. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent the long weekend and enjoyed it very much. We got a nice price with one of the packages on line. The park is huge and beautiful, but pretty isolated. Cambridge is about 1/2 hour away. The restaurant is very good, both food and service. There was a conference the weekend we were there and even though the restaurant was very busy, the staff was very good. There are no other options for food inside the park. We had a problem with our room; the carpet along one wall was soaked. We were in a new room within the hour. The staff was quick to help. Unfortunately, we were not able to get the same kind of room and went from king bed to 2 double beds and bunk beds. A little disappointing. The park is beautiful and there is a lot to do in the area, but it is a drive to most attractions. There are plenty of deer and the lake is lovely. Great for those who love the outdoors. Nature activities were offered for the weekend. All in all, a nice place, but for the Ohio state parks, we prefer Deer Creek.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am pleased to learn that your stay was enjoyable and apologize for the problem with your guestroom. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Spent a few days at this lodge - hoping to hike and swim in the pool.
The facility was attractive inside and out, with a large lake as well.
The restaurant was very good, ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there
and service, menu, and food were very good each time. The restaurant
was way too cold - and we needed to put on our jackets. The pool was
nice but had no towels - when was asked for them told they had to be
washed... and come back - huh? 30 mins later, still no towels, so we
went and got our room towels. The room was fine except the heating/air-conditioning
system kept going on/off very noisey. The trails were disappointing as they were
not clearly marked, and totally not maintained - narrow with plants/weeds
growing over the paths. But we saw lots of deer everywhere - some where
friendly and showed up outside our room window :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the positive feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and we take pride in every success. I have discussed the pool towel issue with the staff. Additionally, the lodge staff has adopted one of Salt Fork's 14 hiking trails, and we will be working this off season to convert it to an interpretive trail . Hopefully you can experience this on a future visit to Salt Fork.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Salt Fork State Park is one of the best in the state overall. Enormous lake, nice rolling woodland setting, picturesque challenging golf course, and plenty of wildlife. However, the rooms are simply way overpriced by $75-100 or so. It is overtly obvious that one is paying for the setting, not the room. The rooms, while clean, are akin to $60/night rooms you would find in budget chain motels. Everything inside of them is cheap, or looks cheap. The lodge, as a whole, isn't too bad, just dated. A very large, outdoor pool is available in season, and there is a decent game room to keep kids entertained after dark. Timbers Restaurant, while a bit overpriced, isn't too bad either. I'll probably go back just because everything else about Salt Fork I enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. In terms of the room interiors, we have recently updated the bedding and carpeting. We plan to continue enhancing our guestrooms moving forward into 2014. Hopefully you will notice the difference on your next visit!