My husband and I visit Salt Fork at least once a year and usually stay in one of their Lakeside Chalet cottages with the hot tubs. This trip we brought my parents and my two young nephews and rented two hillside cottages using the buy one get one free promotion on their website. We had a fabulous weekend! The boys loved running back and forth from one cabin to the other and exploring the woods. We went hiking and geocaching, this park has many different trails and caches to choose from. We went swimming at the indoor lodge pool, and was pleasantly surprised to find the water a nice, warm temperature. Towels were provided, you do not need to bring your own.
Our cabins were showing a bit of wear and tear, but that is to be expected with the limited budget the state parks have to work with. Dishes were mismatched and our set of 6 was missing a cup and a plate; my parents cabin was missing a fork and a bowl. Pots and pans were limited - if you're going to be cooking anything fancy you will probably want to bring your own cookware. Just be aware this is nothing fancy and you'll be fine. Both cabins were clean and were in a great location, both had lake views from the enclosed porches out front. With the buy one get one free special, we considered it a bargain and plan to return soon...the boys are already asking when we can go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Salt Fork State Park can enjoy overnight accommodations at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center. Conveniently located close to the intersection of Interstates 70 and 77, the lodge boasts 148 guestrooms, 54 cottages and eight meeting/conference rooms with a professional sales and catering staff. Also at the lodge you will find indoor/outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi, game room, fitness center, gift shop, lounge and full-service restaurant. Attractions and amenities at the park include an 18-hole championship golf course, nature center, two marinas, picnic area, seasonal hunting and fishing, boating, swimming and more. Whether you are planning a getaway for your family, a reunion with your classmates or a business conference away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Salt Fork provides the perfect atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salt Fork Hotel Cambridge
- Salt Fork Lodge And Conference Center Cambridge, Ohio