“Clean but a bit shabby. At the lower end of what we find acceptable”
Review of Southgate Hotel

Southgate Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The oil/gas industry has apparently created a boon for hotels in the Cambridge Ohio area and thus many are fully booked. After finding several hotels in the area booked, we decided to take a chance on this place. The lobby looked fine but the hallways and rooms were a disappointment. Fortunately everything looked clean and there were no objectionable odors so we decided we'd stay. Everything (TV, Internet, etc) seems to be working satisfactorily. So we'd rate this place as being acceptable, but its at the bottom end of what we find acceptable. And it's not particularly cheap. Price is about average, maybe a bit higher, than we'd expect to pay so we would not call this a great value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barry S

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel to attend a wedding in Cambridge. The hotel staff was very helpful, check-in and check-out process were simple and straightforward. There is plenty of parking in the area and best of all it's pet friendly. Very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After miles of hotels that wanted over $150 for a two bed room, the price of $103 was quite reasonable. Our room was CLEAN. Bedding was good quality for the price. This room was just as good as any of the big name chains we had stayed at during this trip. While they don't offer a breakfast they do offer coupons to the Denny's across the street and there is a McD's almost in the same lot.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were clean. The staff was OK. It was quiet. The price was much higher than I usually spend but rooms were at a premium that night. They offer no discounts (AARP, military, etc) that most places do. I would probably stay again if nothing else was available but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Over $100 for a dump. Full of construction trucks hid behind the building even on a Friday night. Mold in bathroom. Smells and had trouble breathing. Noise at 3 am and doors slamming at 5 am. Bed has no support, tv very small and no breckfast. Worst deal we have had in 10 years.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, drive onnnnn
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cathy F
Reviewed June 18, 2013

this place is a stink hole. It was the only hotel available but next time I will sleep in my car. This place is so GROSS!!!!!!! The smell in aweful, I got out as quick as I could in the morning. I did not sleep well for fear of what may crawl on me. they brag about being American Owned, but if this is what American owned gets you, I don't want it. $95 for stink. NO WAY!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RunnerWes
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Now way, not again! I would rather sleep in my car. We drove till almost midnight and no other hotels were available. they charged us $95 for a room and it stunk really bad. I do not know what that smell was and I don't want to know. I told my wife to just get in bed and don't turn the lights on. The sheets felt gross too. We are not the first to complain about smell.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WesandHeidi M
Travelers also viewed these Cambridge hotels
Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge

Been to Southgate Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Southgate Hotel

Address: 2248 Southgate Pkwy, I-70 & State RT 209 Exit 178, Cambridge, OH 43725-3038 (Formerly Cambridge Inn)
Location: United States > Ohio > Guernsey County > Cambridge
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Price Range: $72 - $75 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Southgate Hotel 2.5*
The Southgate Hotel is locally owned. The Hotel has been extensively renovated and completely updated. Besides our comfortable rooms, we also offer meeting & banquet rooms,(which has an open door policy to caterer's), a lounge, exercise room, and an outdoor pool. We also have a nice covered patio with gas grills, table and chairs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Southgate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Southgate Hotel Cambridge, Ohio