“Dingy and overpriced”
Review of Days Inn Cambridge

Days Inn Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed one night here on a road trip. It was the first place we pulled into and it was late and they accepted dogs so we decided to stay. Everything in the room looked old, outdated, or worn out. The beds weren't very comfortable, but not terrible either. I didn't see any bugs. The breakfast was mediocre and while the food was in the lobby, you had to take it to a small conference room to eat it on tables with dirty tablecloths. The whole place just had a dingy feel to it, more like what you would expect at a place charging half the price. I would stay elsewhere next time.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First room they gave me already had someone staying in it already. So they gave me a room upstairs that happend to be above there laundry room. All hours of the day it sounded like a freight train under my bed. The worst part was my bed sheets were never changed. I had to wipe off the dirt from what I asume to be from someones shoes had been on the bed. I found cat food on the floor. Cigaret but on the floor next to the bed. The people were nice but thats was the only good thing there. I dont understand how anyone can run a hotel that poorly!!!! I was going to complain to the front desk, but there were gests coming in and they were busy.so I didnt want to hold them up.

Never again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Cambridge for one night before attending the Pottery Lovers sale and show in Zanesville, Ohio. My husband likes to swim and prefers an outdoor pool which this hotel has. However, we should have known the motel is located close to the busy intersection of I-70 and Southgate Hwy and the pool was a noisy setting and lacked any privacy. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful so the pool area was the only disappointment.

Room Tip: We requested pool side and there wasn't much vanity space in the bathroom, but we did get a refr...
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our last choice of hotels, but was happy to just get a room. The bathroom was very clean and room ok. No blankets on beds.....that isn't so bad because it'a 100 outside. The big draw back is the smell of smoke. i guess they have to offer a few smoking rooms but it filters to all other areas. If this bothers you,don't stay here.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Staff was not helpful at all we couldn't get wifi from our room due to poor signal asked to be moved 3 times they said they had no rooms so I called the 1-800 days inn number and wouldn't you know it they had plenty of rooms. After the days inn rep spoke to the woman at the desk we were moved and told that they just had a cancellation which believe me was a lie considering the customer care rep said they had plenty of rooms available. The walls and ceiling have a lot of stains and repairs from water damage. The halls are dark and the carpet is stained. The exhaust fan in our first room didn't work and the toilet barely flushed in the second room. The pool had so many chemicals in it would couldn't see the bottom. The beds were hard the sheets were like sandpaper and the tvs were very old. We live locally and stayed due to a power outage now I know never to suggest this place to anyone.... Probably wouldn't give it such a horrible rating if the staff didn't lie to me about not having rooms one thing I cannot stand is laziness and these people seem very lazy!

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We needed a place to stay for one night as we were continuing our trip in the morning on Rt 70. Unfortunately it was the only place out of 5 that had a vacancy. The rate was below $65 with AAA discount. The room had stains on ceiling and walls and the chair was dirty and cigarette holes. The bathroom sink got clogged when used and blow dryer didn't work. The breakfast was cold items only and had no water or variety of milk choices, whole milk only. The sitting area had 2 tables only. I would recommend as a necessity only. I was disappointed in the stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2011

we rented 4 rooms, 2 of the smoking rooms had bed bugs, the non smoking room did not, what a dive. stains on the ceiling from an old overflowed toilet, looks like it was remodeled in the late 80's, the only nice thing about it was the Bar. I haven't seen a hotel this rundown in a long time, I cant believe Days Inn lets them keep there logo. we stayed for a week. discovered bed bugs, and went to the best western. tried to load pics from my iPhone, but the bandwidth here is so bad, my laptop keeps losing service, the pics tell a 1000 words. just trust me

Room Tip: check for bed bugs on mattress b4 taking room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business