“Good value for the price”

Quality Inn Cambridge
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good value for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was spending a few days in the Cambridge area. Hotel space there is pretty limited and I didn't want to pay a high price. After reading recent reviews of the Econo Lodge, decided to give them a try. And am very glad I did. The new owners are really working on improving the facilities. The staff was friendly and customer-service oriented. The room was clean, the bed nice, and there was a new microwave & mini-fridge in every room. Only problem I really had was that I could never get hooked into the free wifi during my stay. You can spend $40-$50 dollars more a night at a couple of neighboring hotels, but I don't think it is worth the cost difference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ritz2010
Tim K, General Manager at Quality Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate it more so as it was in the middle of our renovation. As you mentioned, we have made a large number of improvements. From new beds and flat screen TVs to new décor and hot breakfast! I also thought I should mention that we have installed a state of the art Wi-Fi network and added 24 hour tech support for our guests. Our staff takes great pride in their jobs and how their hard work is appreciated by our guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them. Thank you so much for being our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

All of the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. The premises are a bit run-down, however, the hotel is in the process of renovating. My room was clean (except for the bedspread which needed laundered). I noticed that most of the windows in the hotel as well has the heater in my room need to be replaced/updated. The age of the carpeting and peeling wallpaper contributed to my description of "run-down."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Linda P
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate it more so as it was at the beginning of our renovation. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. I am sure if you were to visit us again, you would see how much progress we have made. In fact, while it is always nice for me to mention that we have an all new bedding package, with new beds, thick blankets, and plush pillows, I am happy to say that we have replaced the carpet, wall paper, Heat and AC units, and the windows! It’s a whole new place and we still have our wonderful, friendly staff! Thank you so much for being our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and our room was very clean. All amenities were in order. This was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel and will most likely stay there again if we travel near Cambridge. The location (off of I-70) was convenient for our travel between Indiana and Pennsylvania. We enjoy the breakfast as it is convenient and plentiful. The staff was friendly and greeted us with a smile and a friendly hello.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel H
Tim K, General Manager at Quality Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guests during your stay in Cambridge. It is always nice to have repeat guests! Thank you for such a nice review. I am glad you found everything to your satisfaction. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently stayed one night with my boyfriend due to bad weather and Econo Lodge was the only hotel left with any rooms. The desk clerk that checked us in must really hate his job and the desk clerk that checked us out was very fake in her smile and concerns that we had, she looks like she is barely out of high school. We were put in an upstairs room, the room was as clean as it could be for how old and outdated it is, the carpet turned my socks black and it was just icky and the bedspread smelled musty. The floors that lead to the rooms are rickety and I stayed close to the building I was afriad I would fall off. I know it is under going a remodel said a housekeeper, she was very nice but we paid $92.00 for this icky room and the breakfeast was crappy too. Muffins, bagels, make your own waffle and cereal. Next time im passing that area we will just hope the roads are ok because we will not stop again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank renee d
Thank you so much for being our guests during your time in Cambridge. I am so very sorry that your stay with us was so dissatisfying. It certainly is not an example of the service that we strive to provide. I am glad to let you know that we have used your review as part of our on-going effort to improve. Fortunately, as you mentioned, we have been through an extensive renovation to include rebuilt decking leading to the rooms, new carpet, new beds and linens, as well as new flat screen TVs, new furniture and décor, and new mini-fridges and microwaves. We are also now offering a hot breakfast and have a 24 hour pantry for late night snacks. It is my sincere hope that you give us another chance. I am certain you will be completely satisfied.
Barnesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Recently had to find a place to stay for an extended stay while our home was been finished. The Econolodge in Cambridge was able to provide my husband and I a nice place away from home. The staff and management was always very helpful and pleasant anytime we called or ask for supplies. I understand the hotel is under new ownership and I feel with a little updating this will be a great place at a reasonable price for people to enjoy the Cambridge area. Thanks again to everyone for making our stay a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: A little noiser in the rear where semi trucks park
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tim K, General Manager at Quality Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for providing your review of our property! I am very happy to hear that our staff was helpful and made you feel comfortable. As you mentioned, the property has come under new ownership and we are all very excited about the improvements that have been made already (new refrigerators and microwaves in every room) and those that are still planned (room renovations, flat screen TVs, HD cable).
West Brookfield, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Texas with a rental truck hauling a car trailer and it easily accommodated our rig (had other trucks parked in back as well). This was a clean, decent room for a fair price (I've paid more for worse, beleive me!!!).
Yes its located on top of a hill, but the Dennys is right down the hill, a short walk at best.
The desk clerk, Tim, was courteous and friendly, even at the late hour at which we arrived.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for providing your review of our property! It’s always great to hear when we’re doing things right and when our future plans are right on target. I’m sure when I share your remarks with our staff about the cleanliness and your comfort, they will feel very proud, as they have been doing a lot of training! As you can tell, we are all very excited about the improvements that are still planned, like the lobby and room renovations. As you mentioned, we have a great location in Cambridge; close enough to Interstate 70 to be convenient, but not close enough to hear the highway traffic noise; and right next to the Denny’s and Sheetz, so dining and shopping for essentials is simple. Thank you for choosing us and I hope you stay with us again the next time your close by.
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've stayed in Cambridge a number of times over the years. I've stayed at the Super 8, the Days Inn, the Baymont, and others. And I usually have dinner at the Denny's to get the 20% AARP discount with a sit down meal. So, everytime I stayed in this town, I thought about staying at the Best Western on the hill on the next trip.

Well, the hotel is still there, but it is now an Econo Lodge.

It was a good stay. The room quiet, comfortable, clean, parking at the door, an OK breakfast (the now usual carb fest), and the views of the surrounding area made a walk before bed nice. Both the evening and morning staff members were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I asked for a room away from traffic and other items. Everything was done correctly and well.

The lobby is soon to be renovated (according to staff), and was the only area I thought needed attention. The Denny's and Sheets are just down the hill, other places close by. The freeway was easy to access, except I forgot the road east was a right turn ramp rather than a left, prompting a sharp lane change.

Talking to others in town, I learned the Super 8 was being torn down to build three new hotels. But that may not help keep prices low in the area. This area is planning on making a lot of money due to the shale gas boom so don't look for cheap places to stay. Zanesville isn't too far away and can be a lot cheaper than Cambridge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Thank you for being our guests during your stay in Cambridge and thank you for such a nice review. I’ll be sure to pass your kind words on to the staff. As you mentioned, we have been through an extensive renovation, including new beds and bedding, new furniture and décor, new flat screens TVs with HD cable, new Wi-Fi network, and a new lobby and breakfast café. We are now serving hot breakfast and have some low cal options like yogurt and fruit available. We have also added a 24 hour pantry with a variety of food and beverage selections! We hope to see you your next trip!