“Updated and bright”

Cuisines: American
Senecaville, Ohio, United States
“Updated and bright”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Updated. Clean. Improved menu. If you haven't been here this fall you need to check it out. Vastly proved. Dinner was good and a pleasant experience.

Cambridge, Ohio
“Okay, not wonderful”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is dark and dreary. The food is edible but nothing to rave about. They do have really good burgers, however.

Visited December 2012
Cambridge, Ohio, United States
“Worst food in town, dirty and dingy”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to the point tonight for the 2 for 1 steak night that advertised the best steaks in town. The place was dark, dingy and filthy. Our waitress looked like she'd been on a crack binder for months. We ordered our drinks and the iced tea tasted like it was a month old. Then we ordered our food. A bloomin onion for an appetizer and two new york strips with salad, one had fries the other a baked potato. These were the only options, substitutions not allowed on two for one night. First thing I noticed was that they marked the price of the steaks up by 5 bucks for the special. First thing out was our salads. Brown lettuce and 1 cucumber that was it, called it a salad. Didn't want to say anything at this point, just moved on. Then came the bloomin onion. Yuck!!!!!!!! Tasted like it was cooked in burnt grease. The top half was burned so bad it was crispy and dried out, and the inside was still dripping with raw batter. Still didn't want to say anything. Then an hour and 15 minutes into our visit, keeping in mind there are only 2 other tables in the place, came our steaks. Looked great. Take the first bite and it was anything but the best steak in town. First they obviously had no idea what cooked medium was, and not at all seasoned. Tasted like a piece of meat slapped on the grill and served. Then the second bite. This is where I found a long blonde hair rapped around my tounge. I get the server and show her. At this point I also tell her about the salad and onion. She says nothing but takes the hair from me and walks away. The owner, Annie comes over a minute or so later and says "whats the problem", so I tell her the same thing I told the waitress. She gets very defensive and tells me the cook has short hair and it couldn't have come from him. I then point to my hair and say, yea I do to. She basically calls me a liar and tells me she has 30 years of restaurant experience and that she knows how to cook. (By the way both Annie and the cracked out waitress have long blonde hair.) I told her I was utterly disgusted and wasn't eating or paying for this and that I was just gonna leave. She's then tells me that she will take care of it all the while trying to explain how it's not their fault. Frankly this was a terrible, filthy place that I will never return to again and I will be notifying the health department and bbb tomorrow. Sickening. Ended up eating at Theos Coney Island in downtown which was excellent all around and much cheaper. Stay away from this place though.

• Visited January 2013
Zanesville, Ohio
“Wow! Should be shut down”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had been to The Point about 6 years ago on a Saturday night just for some drinkin an partying. Place was elbow to elbow, it took 20 minutes to get a drink and the bartenders were very rude, but hey they were busy. Tonight I was in town visiting friends and they said The Point has a 2 for 1 steak night. Despite the last time I was there I thought why not, it's Tuesday and we'll be eating not partying. WOW! This place looks like it needs torn down. The floor had a big hump in it and I almost fell on my face, dingy, dark and smelled like cigarettes and feet. We sat ourselves and it took our server 15 minutes to make her way to us, another 10 minutes to get the Jack & Coke (sans Jack) i ordered and another 15 minutes for the server to come back for our order. We had been there 40 minutes, got one drink and still had no food. Oh, the food!!!! HA HA H H HA!! I ordered my NY Strip steak rare, easy to do on a strip and the only way I eat steak. It came out with everyone elses steaks (6 of us) 25 minutes later and was easily well done. I informed the server my steak was way over done, as was 2 others in our party, and instead of saying OK we'll fix it she sent the owner, of the place, Annie, over who proceeded to scold me! No kidding. She said the cook was very busy and it was hard to do a steak rare when he was so busy and it would take too long to make another and I should be happy because the 2 for 1 price was such a great deal. I'm not making this up! I told her I wasn't eating it and wasn't paying for it either. She said fine and walked away. When I got my bill my steak was still on it and it came to $60 with just 4 drinks on the bill, 2 Jack & Cokes and 2 Sprites. Yeah! Great deal! And busy? Besides our party there were 3 other tables occupied by 8 other people! STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

• Visited October 2012
Cumberland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"STRIKE 3" "YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!"”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I went to the Point last nite for supper. It was my third time to visit in so many months. I like to give a place the benift of the dout as being in the resturant bus. for nearly 30 years I know we can all have bad days. However....three strikes and you are OUT!!!
A. I sat on the patio thinking it was a great evening and would take advatage of some outdoor dinning for a change....The tables were the most uncomfortable ever. After a long day at work , I wanted to sit down and relax. This was not to be.Picnic tables with no back rest and the seats were so close you were hanging off the backside. Very Uncomfrotable.
B.I ordered a draft. My first one in months. I'm not a big drinker, but I do know that draft beer is sold cold...Not at the Point.....YUCK!!!!
C. Ordered ribs and french fries............These I have been told are award winning ribs! Who was the Judge???? Nasty dryed out, flat BBQ sauce with no imagination what so ever! Hard to chew as well as digest..french fries were half cooked...cold inside....I'd like to say the cook was extremly busy...There were only a few tables inside, one other besides myself outside and they were drinking...Not much going on.
Well....As far as I'm go....Strike 3...YOur out of Here!!! Could of had a better meal at Dennys!

1 Thank Blaaaahhh