“A very hidden treasure”

Central station steak and ale
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This restaurant is not that easy to find if you are just passing through town, but it may be worth the effort. The area is post industrial and you may worry that you are really lost. Central Station steak and Ale is clean and has good food and service. There were four in our party. Three had steaks and I had a burger. Everybody was very pleased with their food. The menu has a good variety of choices. The waitress was attentive and the food came to the table in good time.
The patrons varied from Harley bikers, oil field workers, to families that had been to a Sunday concert. This probably speaks to the quality of the food..The prices are in the low moderate range, but the portions seemed appropriate for the cost. My burger was huge. This place is worth finding if you are in Cambridge and you want to skip the chain restaurants.

1  Thank lledford

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to grab lunch during a hunting trip and decided to try it out after reading reviews. Was very delighted with my lunch(burger and fries) and the service was on point. Really nice, clean restaurant. Will stop again.

1  Thank 3rdBaseSportsBar
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went with a very large group for a work lunch outing. For such a large party, our waitress was amazing and really on top of things. I ordered the cod sandwich and lobster bisque and both were delicious. I saw steaks, steak wraps, sandwiches, everything looked so good and I didn't hear a single complaint from anyone in our party. I will definitely make this place a priority to come back to every time I'm in town visiting. Also for lunch, the prices were great!

1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were in town for Deerassic Classic for the 8th year in a row. I decided to use TripAdvisor to try and find some new restaurants in the area. Central Station was rated well, seemed like it was a new up and coming place so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed at all! This is a great place, way off the beaten bath in a "neighborhood" of sorts. The place is clean, well decorated and the staff if very friendly and attentive. The food was very good. Everything we had (there were 5 of us) was excellent. They have a full bar and the bar itself is like 30 feet long! I really can't say anything negative, give the place a try!

1  Thank JCFOhio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was a last moment decision as we were heading in the Cambridge area. Was very busy as this particular night was oil/gas appreciation night. Long wait for both a table and food BUT.. once it arrived the steaks were very tasty and cooked just right. Well portioned steak with great sides made for a very enjoyable dinner. Will look forward to my next visit. I would rate this as great place for families, casual, with hard working servers doing a fine job.

2  Thank BobOhio