“Very Enjoyable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Colonel Taylor Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Willoughby, Ohio
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Rose suite. One of the largest b&b rooms I have every stayed in. The king size bed was firm and very comfortable. Nice couch in the room to sit and read on. The bathroom was HUGE. I have stayed in b&b's that sleeping room was not that large. Plenty of towels, a robe and a great whirlpool tub. Breakfast was ample without being overly filling (just the way I like it). All the guests sit around a large table which gets you into the coversation. The owner Carol and her mom are very nice, warm and welcoming. I have never been at a b&b where the owner invites you into the kitchen and no room is off limits. It was a joy to stay here and I would not hesitate to do it again if and when I am in the area.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Foghorn8508

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Frankfort, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wonderful large 1890's Victorian house, extremely friendly owner, great breakfast. This is why you go to b&b's. We were in for a wedding with another couple. This added to a wonderful out of town weekend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Larry F
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Mark and Susan are great hosts that make you feel welcome. The rooms are privite and exceptionally clean. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank 664
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Colonel Taylor Inn was recommended by another B&B in a different state. Trusting this family, I did little research before arriving. My eyes grew to the size of pie plates as I turned up the driveway! It is nothing short of a mansion inside and out! I could write a magazine article on my experience here, as I stayed for 5 nights. Owners Jim and Patricia were proud hosts, chefs,
tour directors, and conversationalists. I would come to the Inn again as a destination in itself, to relax, rejuvenate, and feel like a princess. Jim and Patricia organized a massage therapist to attend for a most relaxing massage in my own room. Antique shopping nearby, and Amish farmlands to explore. I hope to go again this summer.

Room Tip: I had a peek in a few rooms; all will please you.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank mich11roadrunner
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were traveling in the Cambridge area and were looking for a place to stay. Luckily I had a brochure on the area that had an ad for the Colonel Taylor B&B. What a find! A lovely location on a hilltop in town. The hosts were charming. They had restored the home to its previous glory. It was beautiful. Our room was gorgeous and well appointed with everything we could need. The hosts were happy to show all of the guests around the house and describe the history. They even had pictures of the renovation process. Breakfast was outstanding. A marvelous find.

Room Tip: Call - they will describe the rooms to you
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank librarian73
Dayton
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed one night in this beautiful home. Our room was extremely clean, quite comfortable -- particularly the bed -- and very nicely furnished. Jim and Patricia are very gracious hosts. The breakfast was delicious. We chose the Col. Taylor because we were visiting the Wilds in nearby Cumberland, OH. The sunset safari at the Wilds and a night at the Col. Taylor made for a terrific weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ams1066
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were back in the area for a reunion and needed to stay in Cambridge. I would heartily recommend the Colonel Taylor Inn. We stayed in the Magnolia room on the 2nd floor and found it to be just fine. We enjoyed a bottle of wine on their side porch before we went out to dinner. Breakfast was delicious and Pat and Jim graciously served us earlier than usual so we could meet our travel schedule. When trying to locate the Inn we discovered that some streets in Cambridge do not have street signs making it very confusing for us. You should probably use your GPS if you have one.

Room Tip: Book early as there are only 4 rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cincy2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cambridge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge
Pine Lakes Lodge B&B Resort and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Cambridge

Been to Colonel Taylor Inn B&B? Share your experiences!