“Great Hospitality, but thats not why I stay at a hotel.....”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were in town this past weekend for the big Mid Western Regatta Championship. We stayed at this hotel because it was chosen by our school and they secured a block of rooms. I saw the reviews on line before arrival, so I had low expectations to begin with.

I like to start with the positive. Yes, Staff is very friendly and accommodating!
Yes, the hotel is very clean, as are the rooms. My kids LOVED the pool area and how warm the water was. A+++. But those are not reasons to bring me back to a hotel.

I see Baymont advertised on the side margin of my computer all the time....I don't know the location of the Baymont's photographed because there is nothing like that in Nashport. More like false advertising, because this location is stuck in the 70's. In fact, I am pretty sure our mattress was from the 70's. Now, I did notice some being thrown out, so perhaps that is something they are upgrading?? My entire family felt our beds were about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor with a downward slope. Our inside blanket had holes in it as well. Clean, but holes.

The bathroom. Well it was locked when we arrived. The bathroom is so small that when the door is opened it brushes against the wall and pushed in the automatic lock and the guest is none the wiser when they (or the maid) pulled it shut without knowing its locked. In fact, if you weigh over 170 lbs you might have to stand in the shower to close the bathroom door before you actually use it.

I feel bad that the company has not made an investment in this property. The good people that work their deserve more. This regatta will be held in this area for the next 10 years. That is a lot of revenue. But unfortunately, none of it will come from us, moving on until updates are evident.

It was not surprising to hear the rower upstairs walking around at 5:30 a.m. and the loud cussing of the people next door. This wall construction relates back to the age of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. Cleaning personnel don't get the credit they deserve. Very eager to see that our stay was top notch. Breakfast was more than I expected and pool / hot tub was very nice.
Only complaint I have was when first arrived, I had to park away from motel and walk to go in and register. There were several drunks sitting and parked at the front entrance. I understand it was some gas/oil workers. They park their trucks and trailers everywhere and it gets hard to maneuver in parking lot. I see no reason to blame Baymont for this other than they need to express to the workers to keep their trash, drinking , and spitting to their rooms. It does look bad on the property.
We will stay here on our next trip through Ohio, hopefully they will have more control over the guest. Only advice I'd give is don't charge safe fees and safe taxes unless safe was asked to be used.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

we have stayed here many times over the years. As always, the pool is great. nice breakfast. easy in and out. Clean.

but this time, under new management, rates were up significantly, the furnishings were second rate. We will not be back because both beds in our room were so saggy we tossed and turned and awoke with achey backs.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my first review. I recently stayed at the Baymont Inn and suites in Cambridge Ohio. My family and I were there for a few days. The hotel was great. Very clean, incredible pool area, fitness room small but it was good. They have an amazing breakfast!! Front desk employees were all great and very helpful, housekeeping seemed to get their jobs done good, also very polite. My family and I were sitting in the breakfast room enjoying our breakfast when the manager/owner came in fussing over something that was not done right. He was getting very verbal with the young lady working. She was an older women, she stayed very calm and did as he said to do. The second morning we were sitting in the breakfast room again, and the manager/owner was again fussing over something else. On this morning there were 2 young ladies working, they tried to get what he wanted done. Nothing they did was good enough for him. They were getting very upset, you could see it in their eyes. He was telling them to do one thing and then getting on them because something else was not done. To me, I feel that they expect to much out of their employees. Give them one task at a time, and don't rush them. This is the biggest flaw I saw at the baymont inn. I personally will probably never go back because there is so much tension with the employees and manager/owner. He needs to keep his anger away from the customers and be a littler nicer to his employees.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank johnnnybates792
Reviewed April 30, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymont61595, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013