We were in town this past weekend for the big Mid Western Regatta Championship. We stayed at this hotel because it was chosen by our school and they secured a block of rooms. I saw the reviews on line before arrival, so I had low expectations to begin with.
I like to start with the positive. Yes, Staff is very friendly and accommodating!
Yes, the hotel is very clean, as are the rooms. My kids LOVED the pool area and how warm the water was. A+++. But those are not reasons to bring me back to a hotel.
I see Baymont advertised on the side margin of my computer all the time....I don't know the location of the Baymont's photographed because there is nothing like that in Nashport. More like false advertising, because this location is stuck in the 70's. In fact, I am pretty sure our mattress was from the 70's. Now, I did notice some being thrown out, so perhaps that is something they are upgrading?? My entire family felt our beds were about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor with a downward slope. Our inside blanket had holes in it as well. Clean, but holes.
The bathroom. Well it was locked when we arrived. The bathroom is so small that when the door is opened it brushes against the wall and pushed in the automatic lock and the guest is none the wiser when they (or the maid) pulled it shut without knowing its locked. In fact, if you weigh over 170 lbs you might have to stand in the shower to close the bathroom door before you actually use it.
I feel bad that the company has not made an investment in this property. The good people that work their deserve more. This regatta will be held in this area for the next 10 years. That is a lot of revenue. But unfortunately, none of it will come from us, moving on until updates are evident.
It was not surprising to hear the rower upstairs walking around at 5:30 a.m. and the loud cussing of the people next door. This wall construction relates back to the age of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Close to I-70, Within Minutes of Shopping and Restaurants Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge hotel combines down-home hospitality with amenities you will appreciate. Our 100% smoke free hotel is located off Interstate 70, near downtown Cambridge, Muskingum University and close to exciting southeast Ohio attractions like The Wilds. Begin your day with free hot breakfast while reading your free copy of USA Today. Make yourself at home with our free Wi-Fi Internet access in the comfort of your room or get in a workout at our gym. Unwind in our heated indoor pool or hot tub, or book a Jacuzzi suite. Meeting space is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Cambridge Baymont Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge Ohio