“Decent stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Mountville
“Decent stay”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Baymont Inn while I was on my way to Chicago. It is pretty decent for the price they offer. I would say cheapest for Cambridge, Ohio area. After driving hundreds of miles this was a perfect stop. They have a decent size pool and a hot tub to relax after a long drive. Not to forget they had pretty good varieties for breakfast. I found it convenient to go across the street to Kmart and the dollar store to stack up on few things before I hit the road again. The front desk was pleasant and friendly during both the check in and the check out. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a quick stop for an affordable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
baymont61595, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites and taking your time to write such a complimentary review! we really appreciate your kind words. We work hard to provide each guest with a positive experience and are extremely gratified to know that our efforts were appreciated. The hotel will be undergoing some fantastic changes over the next few months. We are updating the room décor. We will be replacing the carpeting and the bedding. We look forward to sharing these improvements with you. When visiting the Cambridge area please keep us in mind for your lodging needs.

Truly Yours,

Hemali Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wilmington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is by far one of the most disgusting hotels I have stayed in. I was originally given room without a working mini-fridge. (This was a lesser room than what I had reserved and paid for.) After an 800 mile drive, I had to change repack and change rooms, rather than the fridge being swapped out for me. Both rooms had hair in the showers, the wallpaper was falling from the walls, the carpet was old, stretched, and had an odor. (Non-smoking rooms). I once had to stay in a Red Roof Inn after a house fire, and it was cleaner with a more professional employee base. One week later, I am still waiting to hear from the manager.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed and found several cleanliness issues. I have addressed my housekeeping staff about your concerns and we are working on improving our amenities. Please know this business is under a new management and we are working hard to making our guests’ stay a memorable experience. We have just equipped our rooms with new LCD flat screen TVs, and are working towards installing new appliances. The repainting of the rooms and hallways is also in works.

I can understand that after driving 800 miles one needs to surround itself to comfort. I can assure you that your next stay will resolve all the concerns you have. Please know that every guest is important to us and their reviews as well. Thank you for taking your time and writing one. I do hope that you think of us if you find yourself again in the Cambridge, Ohio area.

Truly yours,

Hemali Patel

Travelers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2013

most of the motels in this area have jacked their prices out the roof due to the oil and gas industry moving into the area..but this place has good prices ..$79.00.. no its not the Hampton Inn but its not $130-$160 a night either..I checked in early afternoon for a 10 hour stay the gentleman at the desk was very freindly and pleasant..room was not over the top fancy but bed was descent and clean,complete room was in good order and clean...furnishings were a little on the worn side but for the money it was well worth it..this is where I will be staying when in the area again...I checked out around 1:00 am and was offered 2 bottles of water,coffee , fruit and donuts...cant go wrong for the price..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We work hard to provide each guest with a positive experience and are extremely gratified to know that our efforts were appreciated. We love having you here!
When visiting the Cambridge area please keep us in mind for your lodging needs.

Kind Regards,
Greenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Started out as an Amerihost Inn with the familiar windowed, high vaulted ceiling in the pool area. The name changed several years ago to Baymont. A new management change last year is bring a refreshing to the appearance on the inside of the Inn. Without reservations, my telephone call 30 mins prior to arrival and checkin was handled quickly by front desk clerk Steve. My room, with 2 double beds was spacious. Amenities of a flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave and safe; also a work desk with leather office-type chair. Changed into swimming suit and headed for the pool. Freezing cold outside, snow on the ground - the pool water was just right to jump in and enjoy. The hot tub was 'hot' and wonderfully relaxing after a long day in the snowy outdoors. My room, on the 1st floor was 'quiet' and the bed comfortable. Morning brought me to the complimentary breakfast bar or perhaps I should call it a breakfast buffet - cereals, waffles, eggs, omelets, breads and pasteries, coffee, juice and milk - this place had it all. Daytime front desk, Mary Ellen and the several cleaning and maintenance personnel, everyone was pleasant and helpful. I sincerely appreciated finding the Holy Bible, placed by the Gideons, in the night stand for my daily reading.

Room Tip: Due to the location of the hotel, I suspect that all the rooms are basically the same and offer the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
baymont61595, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cambridge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, we’d like to thank you for choosing to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites and taking your time to write such a complimentary review! we really appreciate your kind words. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Truly Yours,
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good AARP rate; the wi-fi was strong; the breakfast selections were above average for this price range motel.

Beds were comfortable, room was large. Microwave, refrigerator, good TV. Friendly staff.

Our online reservation was for a ground floor room, but a second floor room was indicated. The desk clerk noted the difference and made the change without prompting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

When visiting the Cambridge area please keep us in mind for your lodging needs.

Kind Regards,