“Oh...delicious!”

Cross street: State Route 700
Ohio
“Oh...delicious!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We sat in the fireplace room, watching the snowfall outside, enjoying a phenomenal meal. My husband had chicken pot pie and a salad, I had pot roast. Both were delicious. Don't skip dessert, the caramel apple pie was amazing!

• Visited November 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Always Good!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We're always pleased we made the trip out to the Welshfield Inn. Food is consistently good. Crab cake appetizer was excellent. Salads were fresh, I enjoyed the MacKenzie salad, fresh goat cheese makes it superb. We enjoyed the prime rib, braised pork shanks and barbecued pork chop. All were very good. Only minor complaint at our table was the the prime rib, ordered medium, was closer to medium-well, very little if any pink visible. My guess is that most of the cuts are medium rare and they broil them a bit to hit medium or medium-well selections? We'll continue to go back and enjoy this excellent restaurant!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice spot out in the country”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We live approximately 20 minutes from the Welshfield Inn and had not been there for quite some time. We enjoyed a nice dinner last Friday night, seated in the garden, on a somewhat cool fall evening (probably the last time we will be able to do outdoor dining in Cleveland before next Spring). They had nice large butane heaters that warmed it up just enough for an enjoyable evening. My husband had the fish fry, which he enjoyed very much. I had the healthier option of a Grilled Walleye with Indian Spices and a Summer Ratatouille, which I enjoyed and it was seasoned and cooked nicely. Prices are fairly reasonable as well.

Lordstown, oh
“loud enough to discourage talking or relaxing”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I recently ate at the Welshfield Inn. The food was good but the atmosphere was horrible. We won't be back. We were seated in a room that also had 3 tables of people that were together. They should have been in a soundproof room by themselves or maybe rented a bowling alley. They yelled across the tables, hollered, shrieked and cackled. These were adults. The noise level was enough to inhibit any talking between ourselves and by the end of the meal, I had a throbbing headache. We mentioned the noise to the waitress but she only said, "sorry". I was sorry too, sorry we came. There were also a few other couples at the mercy of these ignorant people and I can guarantee they will not be back either.

2 Thank cosmictea
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious food, charming setting, great service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been to the Welshfield Inn several times, and the service is always excellent. The food is delicious - fairly traditional options, perfectly prepared using first-rate ingredients. The service is always very good, and everyone from the hostess to the manager is friendly and professional. The ambiance is nice whether inside or out. It's a bit of a drive from almost anywhere, but well worth it. I would love to try the brunch sometime, but so far have only had dinner; however, I can say that everything we've tried at dinner, from the appetizers to the desserts - including the drinks and the baskets of varied fresh rolls - is delicious.

• Visited August 2013